ADVERTISEMENT

Five Key UCF Players To Watch For The 2017 Season

Kyle Gibson was a 4-star recruit in 2014. I'm waiting for him to step it up. It's now or never for him. He's been in the program long enough to become a star or left behind.

Kyle Gibson was a 4-star recruit in 2014. I'm waiting for him to step it up. It's now or never for him. He's been in the program long enough to become a star or left behind.
Interesting that he made he list. Good thing is he still has 2 more years. He's one of our highest ranked recruits ever. I think his biggest problem initially was his lack of strength and size. In addition, he was a major victim of 2015. Injuries, not being ready, negative team attitude/losing culture, getting beat often probably hurting his confidence, Etc.

Reactions: Vinnie V
Interesting that he made he list. Good thing is he still has 2 more years. He's one of our highest ranked recruits ever. I think his biggest problem initially was his lack of strength and size. In addition, he was a major victim of 2015. Injuries, not being ready, negative team attitude/losing culture, getting beat often probably hurting his confidence, Etc.

by mid season, our best safety will be Burgess-Becker....that guy will always be around the ball and create havoc....Gibson's got a chance to be good but if he isn't in the first half, he won't be playing in the second half....

I wish our record was 6-6. we finished 6-7 unfortunately but somehow they forgot the Cure Bowl result...wish I could do the same.

Milton has neither a big arm or accuracy and our poor receivers feel that the most. However, a combo of his indecisiveness and a porous line had him running like an injured gazelle from a pack of lionesses.

We all know our weakest unit is the OLine not the secondary (it happens to be the least experienced) AND Hudanik and not Evans is our best big ugly.

As for Mr. Gibson, he hasn't lived up to the hype and I'm not sure he's our best bet back there but @Mikesi nailed it with the assessment of Kyle. I really do hope we see him step up and play to his potential.

As much as I LOVE AK and know anytime that kid touches the ball it could be 6, I think it's Akins and the usage of the TEs that need to be watched. They really could be Milton's best friend and spread this offense.

Reactions: Mikesi
We're all dying to see play making again after the spiral down last season. I believe we will see that. It's a known fact that freshmen typically suck wind their first college season towards the end. Hopefully, fresh legs at QB wont be our greatest QB starting requirement this season :) A healthy offense will help Milton. He's not Heisman trophy material but he certainly showed signs of being able to maintain drives (make plays) for us last season at times. As a UCF fan I'm just so OVER 3 and outs on offense. Please let this NOT be the identity of this 2017 team.

We're all dying to see play making again after the spiral down last season. I believe we will see that. It's a known fact that freshmen typically suck wind their first college season towards the end. Hopefully, fresh legs at QB wont be our greatest QB starting requirement this season :) A healthy offense will help Milton. He's not Heisman trophy material but he certainly showed signs of being able to maintain drives (make plays) for us last season at times. As a UCF fan I'm just so OVER 3 and outs on offense. Please let this NOT be the identity of this 2017 team.
I hope we don't spiral down like last year. Milton is very athletic. It's the offensive line I am MOST worried about. Playing devil's advocate....I hope this doesn't happen.......but I can see everyone SUPER fired up at the first game.....and all of a sudden MM has no time to throw and there are no holes for the RBs.

ADVERTISEMENT