ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Bars Ban Alcohol Sales as Cases Rise

DAiello18

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
May 2, 2010
Tampa
https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-bars-alcohol-consumption-suspended/32981423#

Apparently Florida had 9k positive cases yesterday. I wish they would clarify which % of that was hospitalized and symptomatic vs Asymptotic. I know people are sharing numbers of the Antibody test vs the Actual Covid 19 test. This is getting to be confusing with a lot of misinformation. I know they added new symptoms as well.

That being said, can’t wait to see the anger for no alcohol, since apparently just drinking at home is too good for some people.

EDIT: I think 9k is a national record.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-bars-alcohol-consumption-suspended/32981423#

Apparently Florida had 9k positive cases yesterday. I wish they would clarify which % of that was hospitalized and symptomatic vs Asymptotic. I know people are sharing numbers of the Antibody test vs the Actual Covid 19 test. This is getting to be confusing with a lot of misinformation. I know they added new symptoms as well.

That being said, can’t wait to see the anger for no alcohol, since apparently just drinking at home is too good for some people.

EDIT: I think 9k is a national record.
New York at the height of their outbreak reported more than 9k cases 7 times. The last was over 2 months ago though.

Reactions: DAiello18
New York at the height of their outbreak reported more than 9k cases 7 times. The last was over 2 months ago though.
And that would’ve been with less active testing too so they were certainly higher at that time.

Thanks protestors. Who tf has time to protest anyways? Unemployed leftists

people closed down a portion of Tampa yesterday to dance in the streets. Reports said about half were not wearing masks and none were social distancing,

that being said the average age is going down and the IFR is less than 1%. So that means probably closer to immunity.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Whole country is open. Most states are trending down.

my problem with Florida #s are Its like two seperate states. Miami Dade, Palm Beach and Orange County are like 65-70% of the cases. I live in West Central FL and my county had 55 or so cases and 4 deaths. Its 3-4 counties just ravaging the state

people closed down a portion of Tampa yesterday to dance in the streets. Reports said about half were not wearing masks and none were social distancing,

that being said the average age is going down and the IFR is less than 1%. So that means probably closer to immunity.
Yea, i did the math for georgia and if we are 10 times the actual nunber of cases approximately 710k have been infected out of a state of 10 mil.

2,745 deaths out of an estimated 710 infected? Yea dont shutdown

Its where people live, hope that helps.

Sarcasm not needed, I was explaining that the population denser areas are the ones Popping more often. Funny enough not the beaches or bars you see on the news. These parts of the state were a phase behind other places. It means they didn’t stay at home or aren’t complying with mask and social distancing practices and sinking an overall cleaner state.

Sarcasm not needed, I was explaining that the population denser areas are the ones Popping more often. Funny enough not the beaches or bars you see on the news. These parts of the state were a phase behind other places. It means they didn’t stay at home or aren’t complying with mask and social distancing practices and sinking an overall cleaner state.
Maybe if wearing a mask didnt get you labeled as a beta by morons and we had a president that was more encouraging of the nation to take these measures we wouldnt be in a spot to see cases go up 10 fold. Any action taken today will not help the infections for 4 or 5 days because of the incubation period. The truth is, that it wont be long until Florida sees cases at 9000 as a positive vs a negitive.

Maybe if wearing a mask didnt get you labeled as a beta by morons and we had a president that was more encouraging of the nation to take these measures we wouldnt be in a spot to see cases go up 10 fold. Any action taken today will not help the infections for 4 or 5 days because of the incubation period. The truth is, that it wont be long until Florida sees cases at 9000 as a positive vs a negitive.
absolutely

With more testing comes an increase in numbers. That’s just a fact. As for the masks, the WHO says It doesn’t help then, It does help And people are being assclowns. The masks are helpful but staying the hell away from people helps more. People aren’t staying home. I go to Publix and these old people aren’t wearing masks and touching produce and shit. Its Disgusting.

my problem with Florida #s are Its like two seperate states. Miami Dade, Palm Beach and Orange County are like 65-70% of the cases. I live in West Central FL and my county had 55 or so cases and 4 deaths. Its 3-4 counties just ravaging the state
You still stay indoors.

In fla the new cases are mostly 20 to 30 year olds. Many are getting tested, without symptoms. 6 weeks ago none of this group was getting tested. So far the death count daily isn't going back up. I would argue that more people getting it and beating it is in the long run a positive thing. I really don't understand keeping bars open that can't sell booze.

In fla the new cases are mostly 20 to 30 year olds. Many are getting tested, without symptoms. 6 weeks ago none of this group was getting tested. So far the death count daily isn't going back up. I would argue that more people getting it and beating it is in the long run a positive thing. I really don't understand keeping bars open that can't sell booze.

It takes time for sick people to die and young people also eventually give it to old people. You surely dont assume that this TRANSMISSIBLE disease will stay in the current age group long term right?

Its going to be transmitted to others who won't always be young.

A friend of mine had a trip planned for St Pete in 2 weeks and the hotel called and canceled on her, said things are probably going to be locked down.

A friend of mine had a trip planned for St Pete in 2 weeks and the hotel called and canceled on her, said things are probably going to be locked down.
Weird to see how the "It's my first amendment right to not wear a mask" business is working out for you guys.

I've worn a mask once to attend a dentist appointment.
Yeah, you've gone on and on about Covid-19 being no big deal and said nobody is going to tell you to wear a frickin' mask by golly.

But when it becomes apparent you and your crowd's stupidity has caused another spike, it's those mask-wearing BLM protesters who've done it. :rolleyes:

As usual, your crowd went against the science -- and, as usual -- once you've been proven wrong (again), it's somebody else's fault.

Last edited:
I wear a mask at work cause Its company Policy. I wear one in the store because It makes the people in there feel better. I personally don’t see the benefit but Its not Really an inconvenience to me to pull It around my face for 10 minutes to run into a store. I don’t think It works due to the conflicting data, but if It makes people have more peace of mind who cares. That being said Its a fishing scarf thing and not a mask but close enough?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I wear a mask all day long and at the stores, but there’s just no way it can be enforced. People are going to do whatever they want

Similar to air filters that you use in your home, unless you're buying high end filters it isn't designed for viruses. Unless you get a true filtering mask, it doesn't prevent getting a microscopic virus.

I agree that there’s a 90% chance It doesn’t work. But if my work says do It, I’m not arguing with the people who sign my paycheck. And If I have It around my neck when I’m heading to the store, no reason not to pull It up. If It makes people feel better and Its not an inconvenience, who cares. Now if I didn’t have my fishing scarfs? I wouldn’t be buying them and i wouldn’t wear one.

Being afraid of death is the dumbest thing ever. Either you believe in an afterlife, which means this life is a temporary condition or you believe existence ends at death, which means none of it matters. Regardless, living in fear isn't worth the effort.

Similar to air filters that you use in your home, unless you're buying high end filters it isn't designed for viruses. Unless you get a true filtering mask, it doesn't prevent getting a microscopic virus.

Wrong dude. Studies have shown that even a cloth mask can cut down on what YOU are putting out and provide a layer of protection to the other person. This all goes back to the large number of asymptomatic people. Some studies have suggested that 100% mask usage could have cut cases by 60-80%

I hear you. Work is work and the business was to give a good impression. The only thing it does limit if you have a giant nasty sneeze that the virus won't travel as far. As far as your fishing scarf...not working but it makes people happy.

Yup. I don’t think Masks work at all but meh, optics are everything so I’ll play ball. I don’t need to be a giant douche

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Being afraid of death is the dumbest thing ever. Either you believe in an afterlife, which means this life is a temporary condition or you believe existence ends at death, which means none of it matters. Regardless, living in fear isn't worth the effort.

You have had some off the wall takes lately. Even if someone isnt afraid of death, that doesnt mean they want to die. And this idea that being cautious for a bit is "living in fear" is also absurd. You dont take any precautions in life? Do you not wear a seat beat? Do you drive after drinking way too much? Can't we deduce from your logic that any sort of safety measures is "living in fear", and therefore not worth the effort?

Reactions: DaShuckster
You have had some off the wall takes lately. Even if someone isnt afraid of death, that doesnt mean they want to die. And this idea that being cautious for a bit is "living in fear" is also absurd. You dont take any precautions in life? Do you not wear a seat beat? Do you drive after drinking way too much? Can't we deduce from your logic that any sort of safety measures is "living in fear", and therefore not worth the effort?
For the 500th time. People who are at low risk for severe complications and who are being extra cautious aren’t doing it out of fear for personal illness. They are doing it out of fear of passing the illness on to a friend, loved one, or even a stranger in public who may have severe complications. If you can think beyond your own personal bubble for a bit you can gain a bit of perspective into why people behave they way they do.

Reactions: DaShuckster
ADVERTISEMENT