ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

Remember the loser New York governor said that what is happening to New York was coming to us. Humm... Florida has a higher population and a really old population. Getting less than 100 deaths most days with a population of 22 million.

What a tool bag.

Take NYC out of the equation and this whole thing really does look like a hoax. I dont believe their numbers for a second anymore either.

What do y'all attribute Florida's success to? Is there anything you are doing better than most other states in the nation?

What do y'all attribute Florida's success to? Is there anything you are doing better than most other states in the nation?
Take away the disaster we used to refer to as the "New England states", and Florida is about average.

Take away the disaster we used to refer to as the "New England states", and Florida is about average.
So what are they doing better than New England states? How do we prevent what happened there from happening elsewhere?

So what are they doing better than New England states? How do we prevent what happened there from happening elsewhere?
Nothing. Thats kind of the point. It doesn't matter what approach you take to the virus, it isn't going to be stopped. Better to try to salvage whats left of the economy.

This isn't a true pandemic. If it was, every state would be dealing with huge numbers of deaths by now. <100 deaths per million is not worth even thinking about.

35 out of 50 states are at or below 1/2 of the national average in deaths per million, and we are 3 months in. Only 11 states outpace the national average. Side note: all 11 have democrat governors. Could just be a coincidence, but it brings into question the methodology of reporting.

35 out of 50 states are at or below 1/2 of the national average in deaths per million, and we are 3 months in. Only 11 states outpace the national average. Side note: all 11 have democrat governors. Could just be a coincidence, but it brings into question the methodology of reporting.

You literally just said it doesn't matter what you do.

They sealed off nursing homes, which no doubt has saved many lives.
I think opening up the beaches and parks is actually a positive. The safest place to be is outdoors. I also think the weather is a huge positive, more people outside, and most likely earlier start to the summer slow down of the virus than up north.

Unbelievable!!! Hey! We are #9!!! We are awesome!!! Go team go!!!

Gyms are reopening and restaurants are going to 50% capacity on Monday.

#9 is showing progress. Some of the rest of you can keep cheering death inside

So far, the state has reported more 43,000 cases, and more than 1,900 deaths related to the virus, around the middle of the pack in the country when weighted for population.

But the young and healthy should get back to as normal a life as possible, DeSantis said. He argued that when a young person contracts the virus, the disease is much less likely to hospitalize or kill them than an older person.

The governor has long maintained that Floridians need recreation to stave off fear and depression during the long months of coronavirus-induced economic shutdowns.

Nah...we only need to try one voice that is near 80 and someone past his prime. 1905 type thought process to get passed a virus.

Beta males keep hiding. I'm sure you will be safe. You can hide it out for 5 years.

I dont know how many doctors have to come out and publicly disagree with Fauci before people start listening. This is the 4th one from Stanford, so obviously we aren't talking about a bunch of quacks

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This is democratic leadership. In theory I want to avoid prosecution and lawsuits unless there was a complete disregard for safety though. Hard to blame with a spreading virus in general. Maybe the constant left scare tactics made medical care tough which killed some.

Remember when I got lambasted on here for saying "those people were likely to die this year anyway"? I wonder if Cuomo will receive the same level of criticism.

Might slip to 10th place soon with Maryland adding more covid cases. Florida 22 million population... Maryland 6 million.

Desantis is a true leader. Handled the nursing home situation like a boss. Covid Cuomo not so much. Fredo Cuomo has his back though.
Any chance we drop out of the top 10? I was kind of enjoying empty beaches

florida and georgia are both doing well despite all the negative press early on about opening up too soon. the media spin is at an all time high.

florida and georgia are both doing well despite all the negative press early on about opening up too soon. the media spin is at an all time high.
Thankfully, it's the public who decides what's appropriate or not appropriate, not their dumbass governors.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Thankfully, it's the public who decides what's appropriate or not appropriate, not their dumbass governors.

I see. So Trump is to blame for everything gone wrong in specific States despite lacking legal authority to really intervene in those StTes, but Governors of successful COVID response States deserve no kudos since it’s really just up to people in the end.

Incredible. It’s almost like you want it both ways depending on which partisan slant suits you best.

But nah, we all know you’re better than that*

So Trump is to blame for everything gone wrong in specific States despite lacking legal authority to really intervene in those StTes, but Governors of successful COVID response States deserve no kudos since it’s really just up to people in the end.
I was specifically talking about Nebraska where our dumbass Governor has encouraged the reopening of many businesses despite the fact the State's covid-19 numbers have been on the rise and reportedly three weeks from any signs of plateauing.

Fortunately, most residents in the state are smarter than their Governor so I doubt it will cause the numbers to skyrocket--but you never know.

I was specifically talking about Nebraska where our dumbass Governor has encouraged the reopening of many businesses despite the fact the State's covid-19 numbers have been on the rise and reportedly three weeks from any signs of plateauing.

Fortunately, most residents in the state are smarter than their Governor so I doubt it will cause the numbers to skyrocket--but you never know.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that we have a grand total of 147 deaths in 4 months with very limited mandated shutdowns. If it weren't for the national news, nobody in this state would think this was anything more than the flu.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Checking in on this. Did Florida slip to 10th place yet?
Might slip to 10th place soon with Maryland adding more covid cases. Florida 22 million population... Maryland 6 million.

Desantis is a true leader. Handled the nursing home situation like a boss. Covid Cuomo not so much. Fredo Cuomo has his back though.

Take NYC out of the equation and this whole thing really does look like a hoax. I dont believe their numbers for a second anymore either.
Total hoax. Those people didnt really die. NYC is only place infected and this will be gone soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT