Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
first he appoints the first hispanic woman to the fl supreme court

then he asks entire south fl water management board to resign

now he is pardoning 4 black kids from back in the day

and it looks like hes going to ask the broward sheriff to resign

this guy needs to go!?!!!11111

Even my leftie friends are having a hard time disliking his first week in office.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...nvironmental-plan-to-fix-floridas-water-woes/

Included in an executive order: increase water monitoring around the state and establish a task force to address blue-green algae, a growing threat worsened by pollution and a warming planet that now regularly fouls rivers flowing from a massive lake half the size of Rhode Island; clean up septic tanks; ban fracking, and focus on more green infrastructure.

DeSantis also ordered construction sped up on a 17,000-acre Everglades reservoir in farm fields south of the lake and said he would work with federal officials to end polluted discharges.

"I'd like to see no discharges," he said. "We're working with the White House and as difficult as it is, working with the Army Corps [of Engineers] to mitigate that."

The new governor also promised to appoint a chief science officer so "we're doing sound science making sure we're getting ahead of the curve on these issues."

Reactions: UCFWayne
I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida republicans go more moderate now that they will never win another statewide election again.

lol the left wing ignorance pouring out of Indiana these days is astounding

You know those 1.8 Million new voters? Well if 1/3 of them vote and democrats win them by even only 10% it will flip the entire state blue. Senate, house, governor, everything will go dem. In presidential years it will swing Florida from purple to blue. That's why the new governor is trying to act like he needs to see if this law is legitimate even though it was written by the ACLU to need no interaction from politicians.

The only shot republicans have is being more moderate.

How much do republicans win state wide elections by? Like 30k votes?

This is a purple state that Obama won twice and yet we will have had an R Governor for 12 years and a Legislature absolutely dominated by Republicans.

You're as clueless on this subject as most everything you talk about.

This is a purple state that Obama won twice and yet we will have had an R Governor for 12 years and a Legislature absolutely dominated by Republicans.

You're as clueless on this subject as most everything you talk about.
How are republicans going to overcome the 1.8M new voters when they win elections by like 10k votes?

I agree with Scott Maxwell that DeSantis needs to get John Miklos off of the SJWMD board. Just another corrupt crony appointed by a corrupt crony.

Reactions: UCFWayne
How are republicans going to overcome the 1.8M new voters when they win elections by like 10k votes?

Passing amendment 4 was the right thing to do, but are you implying that Democrats are more likely to be felons?

Since 2010 these are the only Democrats to win a statewide election in FL:

2012: Obama, Nelson (lost in 18)
2018: Fried

2010, 2014, 2016 - shutout.

Since 2010 I believe Republicans are 14-3 statewide, with two of those wins being uniquely exciting candidates in Obama and Fried. But yea dude, they are done.

Passing amendment 4 was the right thing to do, but are you implying that Democrats are more likely to be felons?

Since 2010 these are the only Democrats to win a statewide election in FL:

2012: Obama, Nelson (lost in 18)
2018: Fried

2010, 2014, 2016 - shutout.

Since 2010 I believe Republicans are 14-3 statewide, with two of those wins being uniquely exciting candidates in Obama and Fried. But yea dude, they are done.
Not sure what you’re replying to, but have been a number of studies that felons tend to be democrats. But being a democrat is not causative of being convicted of a felony. Nor does it mean they voted democrat before being convicted. There are a number of factors that cause the aforementioned tendency.

You know those 1.8 Million new voters? Well if 1/3 of them vote and democrats win them by even only 10% it will flip the entire state blue. Senate, house, governor, everything will go dem. In presidential years it will swing Florida from purple to blue. That's why the new governor is trying to act like he needs to see if this law is legitimate even though it was written by the ACLU to need no interaction from politicians.

The only shot republicans have is being more moderate.
I did not vote for Desantis but I think you are underestimating how inept and poorly run Florida Democrats are.

This should have been an easy election cycle to win and they still blew it

I did not vote for Desantis but I think you are underestimating how inept and poorly run Florida Democrats are.

This should have been an easy election cycle to win and they still blew it

Are you not happy with Gov DeSantis so far? He has reached out to the other side about as much as a politician can

Are you not happy with Gov DeSantis so far? He has reached out to the other side about as much as a politician can
pretty good start, especially not stalling the MM anymore like Scott did when the people voted for it.

Not a fan of him going after AirBnB though

The poor White victim is still alive. Shamed and spat on because in anti White 2019 the black rapists now are being put on a pedestal and she is being demonized and called a liar in court by vindictive blm'ers for daring to tell the truth.

Read some of the comments...The White (and all Whites) woman is being demonized and drug through the mud.
While black rapists are given medals.
Sickening.

New Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has posthumously pardoned four black men accused in a racially charged 1949 rape case, even after the wheelchair-bound accuser rebuked him in court.

Republican DeSantis, who was sworn in on Tuesday, presided over the*Board of Executive Clemency hearing on Friday in Tallahassee that voted to free the so-called 'Groveland Four.'

The case has been documented in a book and is considered a blight on Florida's history. One of the four men was killed before he could be charged and the other three were convicted on thin evidence.*

Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd

Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group

© Associated Newspapers Ltd

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis posthumously pardons four black men in 1949 rape case | Daily Mail Online

Florida pardons four black men of 1949 rape of white girl | News | DW | 11.01.2019

I duno what this account is or who is behind this but this entire IP needs a permaban

Why do you presume that all convicted felons are democrats? Only non violent felons could potentially get their voting rights back, do you know the potential breakdown of those crimes and they demographics of them? Quite racist if you to believe that all felons are one type.

how tf is redice not banned yet

Redice is not banned because the mods @Brandon and @BG_Knightmare do not care about racist and homophobic posts on ucfsports. They have proven this time and time again.

If he were to make a post about KL sitting alone at a basketball game, however, that shit would be gone yesterday, poster banned, and called out for going over the line.

Why do you presume that all convicted felons are democrats? Only non violent felons could potentially get their voting rights back, do you know the potential breakdown of those crimes and they demographics of them? Quite racist if you to believe that all felons are one type.
What is racist about it?

Redice is not banned because the mods @Brandon and @BG_Knightmare do not care about racist and homophobic posts on ucfsports. They have proven this time and time again.

If he were to make a post about KL sitting alone at a basketball game, however, that shit would be gone yesterday, poster banned, and called out for going over the line.
Why just homophobic or racists, chemmie is quite anti-Semitic, he’s not banned.

@Sir Galahad showing his true colors by assuming I'm talking about black people because I'm talking about felons. Amazing.

Convicted felons are typically poor. Poor people support democrats at a higher rate.

Great post though.
Really, NON VIOLENT crimes only, that is a lot of white collar as well. In my industry, I’ve seen plenty of wealthy people get convicted of federal crimes. I doubt they are democrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT