ADVERTISEMENT

For those raggin on Milton, compare to Mariotta.

Hahahahhahaha yep he's just like Mariota. Dude has NFL 1st rounder written all over him.

Even after getting humbled (again), the delusion continues!!

Please take a breath, he is just a freshman pushed into playing to soon. After this year we have no bench at QB. I am not even sure who is going to be the backup QB next year, probably another freshman. :sunglasses:

no point in arguing over him at this point till we see how/if he progresses through an offseason program compared to the other QBs coming in. I don't think DJ Mack is enrolling in the Spring(wish he was) but M. Washington is

I think it's better for the Program if he gets it together and plays well vs throwing another true freshman out there next Fall

Please take a breath, he is just a freshman pushed into playing to soon. After this year we have no bench at QB. I am not even sure who is going to be the backup QB next year, probably another freshman. :sunglasses:
Yes next year will be 3 Freshmen and Milton.

Milton is too short to also be that inaccurate and too little of a running threat. Every short white guy is now compared to Johnny Manziel. Milton isn't Johnny Manziel. Very few are.

He really is inaccurate. It's scary every time he throws it.

I remember Quinton Flowers' Freshman year looking like a deer in headlights and shitting his pants against a 0-8 SMU until Mike White stepped in to save the day. That guy turned out to be decent.

True Story. Flowers looked like complete trash his Freshman year.

I think having a better O-line would be needed before I would say how good or bad he is. BJ Daniels used to throw a lot of picks and make bad decisions but he was trying to do everything himself with no protection. Once he went down with an injury and we saw the backups in the game we quickly realized how bad our line was and how much of a playmaker Daniels was to keep games at least close.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
no point in arguing over him at this point till we see how/if he progresses through an offseason program compared to the other QBs coming in. I don't think DJ Mack is enrolling in the Spring(wish he was) but M. Washington is

I think it's better for the Program if he gets it together and plays well vs throwing another true freshman out there next Fall
So true P.K. Yet, it seems that at this point it's a 50/50 chance of MM or another freshman as our 2017 starter.

I still think there is an outside chance we see a JUCO arrive from somewhere as a QB. Just seems that Frost may pull that one out of his hat, which would probably be a good thing for experience sake.

Let me attempt to put this subject into perspective. Remember when we played Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl? We all looked at Briles' teams (Houston and Baylor) and concluded, "He's taking advantage of the rules right to the edge of what's allowed." He had players lined up almost out of bounds, for example. And here he was facing GOL, the most old fashioned, grandfather time coach in America. "The ol' ball coach," the media dubbed him. And he beat Baylor with fundamentals, like our receivers blocking downfield for 40 yards continuously til Storm could reach the endzone.

So Frost is sort of a hybrid. He believes in the old fashioned conditioning ethic, but with the latest training methods and nutrition. He's a stoic man of few words who pushes the players to ride and support each other, just like his great throwback mentor at Nebraska did. Yet he continues to innovate the Oregon offense that everyone's copying to try to maintain an edge over the pack.

Reactions: GILL T
Milton's decision making doesn't bother me as much as his accuracy. He completely misses people who are wide open or just little screen passes. Everything is 10 feet over people's heads.

Milton's decision making doesn't bother me as much as his accuracy. He completely misses people who are wide open or just little screen passes. Everything is 10 feet over people's heads.
idk if it had an effect but I heard that he was playing with a bruised thigh the last few games and that the ankle was still nagging at times.

He needs to get healthy and I'm wondering what kind of Program the Strength coach will have him on, it would help his durability if he could gain at least 15-20 pounds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT