ADVERTISEMENT

Forget USF Memphis is better

USF fans have already prepared themselves for a curbstomping but are cautiously optimistic that they can keep it competitive.

Yes, Memphis is much better than USF, but saying that, in turn, makes USF a "trap game". Stay focused, Knights! Charge on!

Reactions: 2DogKnight
Memphis is tougher than they were when we played them. That CC game will be insane in Orlando.

I'll continue to say that this team is a BEAST and will continue to dominate until their bowl, and I expect that to continue.

Called it that this team was gonna overachieve.

We will continue to curb-stomp. This game against USF won't even phase us.

At this point, with all we've witnessed....why cant't you get onboard??

just the nature of the finish line to feel nervous about every game but they have given no reason to doubt them

It may play out like the Memphis game where UCF has a slow 1st quarter then explodes. The Defense will feed off the Crowd

Navy game was close because they are ball control team that limits your possessions so they aren't going to get blown out often. SMU was close because of a 3 turnovers including a pick 6 and missed 4th and 1 opportunities. No other game has been less than a 4 score margin.

U worry about the team that is next. Never overlook anyone.
As a fan I can worry about whatever and whoever I want. But am still I’m trying to get ready for next week by quitting my job and studying the playbook, scouting USF, and getting myself in the best physical and mental shape I can get in for when I eat a beef quesadilla at the game. I’m even preparing for when i will fetch the quesadilla. Perhaps halftime, 3 minutes before halftime, or 3 minutes after to avoid long lines. I’m even bringing a poncho in case it rains next week. Don’t act like me considering the Memphis challenge, and what my eating and tailgate strategy will be, will in anyway affect my fan performance next week.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If our Defense shows up, stops them 3 or so times, we win. Memphis has no defense as seen with SMU putting 45 on them. We've already proven we can stop Memphis.

As a fan I can worry about whatever and whoever I want. But am still I’m trying to get ready for next week by quitting my job and studying the playbook, scouting USF, and getting myself in the best physical and mental shape I can get in for when I eat a beef quesadilla at the game. I’m even preparing for when i will fetch the quesadilla. Perhaps halftime, 3 minutes before halftime, or 3 minutes after to avoid long lines. I’m even bringing a poncho in case it rains next week. Don’t act like me considering the Memphis challenge, and what my eating and tailgate strategy will be, will in anyway affect my fan performance next week.
Your fan attitude will definitely have a direct outcome on the game. Better step it up and eat 2 quesadillas

I always find it odd when a fan tells another fan to not overlook someone. It’s just weird because it’s stupid and makes no sense. I must be pretty important to the vibes of the universe that my own mental thoughts over here on the beach can have such a direct impact on the performance of college kids playing football in Orlando. If UCF loses next week I’m pretty sure Trequan Smith and Coach Frost aren’t going to come to my house and make me run sprints because I personally was evaluating Memphis during the USF week.

Memphis has TWO players....I say we line up a safety over the top of Miller and jam him on every play and double cover him.

I always find it odd when a fan tells another fan to not overlook someone. It’s just weird because it’s stupid and makes no sense. I must be pretty important to the vibes of the universe that my own mental thoughts over here on the beach can have such a direct impact on the performance of college kids playing football in Orlando. If UCF loses next week I’m pretty sure Trequan Smith and Coach Frost aren’t going to come to my house and make me run sprints because I personally was evaluating Memphis during the USF week.
I'm headed to Cocoa with a treadmill
If we lose.

Reactions: MrMemoryMall
Just remember that in a rivalry game, pretty much anything can happen. If we play Temple game D and the Heffa's bring a Tulsa effort we win by 3 touchdowns......WTF is with stealing the Texas hook em horns?? Is this because of Strong? Don't have anything unique for a Heffa? Pretty f**king lame if you ask me!

Never take a UCF victory over USF for granted. NEVER.

Good approach, seeing as you've only won 2 out of 8. Maybe this will be your day.

I'll continue to say that this team is a BEAST and will continue to dominate until their bowl, and I expect that to continue.

Called it that this team was gonna overachieve.

We will continue to curb-stomp. This game against USF won't even phase us.

At this point, with all we've witnessed....why cant't you get onboard??

Because you haven't faced a defense ranked in the top 50, your offense has faced a bunch of cupcake defenses. SMU's bad defense forced three turnovers, do you expect USF's defense to just lie down and let you do what you want?
Besides, USF doesn't commit turnovers like the rest of the conference does.

Good approach, seeing as you've only won 2 out of 8. Maybe this will be your day.

Because you haven't faced a defense ranked in the top 50, your offense has faced a bunch of cupcake defenses. SMU's bad defense forced three turnovers, do you expect USF's defense to just lie down and let you do what you want?
Besides, USF doesn't commit turnovers like the rest of the conference does.
USF has stuggled with San Jose State, Stoney Brook, ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, etc. and hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in over a year. Would be a massive upset if USF wins. The line is only UCF-11.5 because of the rivalry aspect.

USF has stuggled with San Jose State, Stoney Brook, ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, etc. and hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in over a year. Would be a massive upset if USF wins. The line is only UCF-11.5 because of the rivalry aspect.

Struggling is a relative term. I will remind you here that UCF couldn't put UConn away until the fourth quarter and allowed 33 points to the offensive powerhouse know as Austin Peay. What a team!
UCF's entire game plan is based off trying to run teams off the field in the first and second quarters and forcing them to throw for the rest of the game. What are you going to do when those points aren't coming so easily? You haven't faced a team with USF's team speed. Besides, USF is #1 in the country for TFLs and #2 for INTs.
I will confess that you are right-the fact that USF struggled with some teams is a cause for concern. But USF's game is entirely different. You simply overwhelm teams with offensive fireworks-we just overcome them like the slow death of poison. Teams simply don't score until the backups get on the field. Those backups are not going to be on the field in the fourth quarter against UCF-and nor will yours.

Teams simply don't score until the backups get on the field. Those backups are not going to be on the field in the fourth quarter against UCF-and nor will yours.

Don't think they had backups in the game when Tulsa hung 20 on them without a QB

Struggling is a relative term. I will remind you here that UCF couldn't put UConn away until the fourth quarter and allowed 33 points to the offensive powerhouse know as Austin Peay. What a team!
UCF's entire game plan is based off trying to run teams off the field in the first and second quarters and forcing them to throw for the rest of the game. What are you going to do when those points aren't coming so easily? You haven't faced a team with USF's team speed. Besides, USF is #1 in the country for TFLs and #2 for INTs.
I will confess that you are right-the fact that USF struggled with some teams is a cause for concern. But USF's game is entirely different. You simply overwhelm teams with offensive fireworks-we just overcome them like the slow death of poison. Teams simply don't score until the backups get on the field. Those backups are not going to be on the field in the fourth quarter against UCF-and nor will yours.
UCF starters have only seen action late in the 3rd or 4th quarter in 4 of 10 games this year. Nobody cares that USF is #1 in TFL. You have lost to literally the only bowl eligible opponent you have faced. USF is a double digit dog. Do they have a chance? Sure. It is a rivalry game. Last time UCF was a big favorite in 2013 they came out and fumbled it away a few times and USF made a game out of it.

As for the AP game against an 8-1 FCS team, they scored on 2 miracle tipped balls, a fumble recovery in the end zone, and a kickoff return for TD. Hardly reliable scoring plays. That game could have easily been 73-7 if things bounce the other way.

UCF starters have only seen action late in the 3rd or 4th quarter in 4 of 10 games this year. Nobody cares that USF is #1 in TFL. You have lost to literally the only bowl eligible opponent you have faced. USF is a double digit dog. Do they have a chance? Sure. It is a rivalry game. Last time UCF was a big favorite in 2013 they came out and fumbled it away a few times and USF made a game out of it.

As for the AP game against an 8-1 FCS team, they scored on 2 miracle tipped balls, a fumble recovery in the end zone, and a kickoff return for TD. Hardly reliable scoring plays. That game could have easily been 73-7 if things bounce the other way.

If you're going to argue miracles, then Houston's 4th and 24 catch was also a miracle. If you're going to argue FCS teams, ours is ranked 12th in FCS-and yours isn't ranked at all.

If you're going to argue miracles, then Houston's 4th and 24 catch was also a miracle. If you're going to argue FCS teams, ours is ranked 12th in FCS-and yours isn't ranked at all.
You brought up Austin Peay chief. A game that was won by 40 and never in doubt. USF trailed Stoney Brook at the half of I recall. Not quite the same situation. 4th and 24 was a good catch, not a miracle. A ball that ricocheted up in the air and was caught or a ball that was temporarily intercepted and then knocked out by another defender right into the hands of the receiver could better be classified as “miracles”. Anyway. Good luck Friday.

Based on what has been accomplished on the field in 2017, there is no argument. USF is the double digit underdog for a reason.

It's a rivalry game though, so anything is possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT