ADVERTISEMENT

FPI has us at 55 in 2018

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018

I believe we were 66 in 2017. I like FPI as an objective measure. Iirc it accounts for us losing our coach. Don't think it accounts for our new coach keeping parts of the playbook. Stats people correct me if I'm wrong.

Probably the least accurate and most P5 biased of the polls. Not only did they have us at 66th last year, they also had FSU at 4 and UF at 15. Then, they kept FSU in their top 25 all season including Week 10 when their record was 3-5.

Is the formula public? It's just ESPN stacking the deck with a metric for their handpicked committee to use to invite 4 power house programs to their invitational. They could make sure Alabama has plenty of quality wins. Like over 3-5 FSU who is ranked #10.

They have Florida at 21. That is really all you can say about this sham of a ranking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
Is the formula public? It's just ESPN stacking the deck with a metric for their handpicked committee to use to invite 4 power house programs to their invitational. They could make sure Alabama has plenty of quality wins. Like over 3-5 FSU who is ranked #10.

They have Florida at 21. That is really all you can say about this sham of a ranking.
Geez. When was the last time UF WASN’T ranked in a preseason top 20-25? Year after year they are put up there and how often were they ranked WAY below that or outside of the Top-25?

Duke 30
Wake Forest 38
Baylor 40
Iowa State 41

'nuff said.

Kansas (at 83) who is 3-33 over the last 3 years is ranked higher than Tulsa, SMU, Cincinnati. If that is not evidence of clear bias due to conference affiliation then I am not sure what would ever be considered bias.

Duke 30
Wake Forest 38
Baylor 40
Iowa State 41

'nuff said.

Kansas (at 83) who is 3-33 over the last 3 years is ranked higher than Tulsa, SMU, Cincinnati. If that is not evidence of clear bias due to conference affiliation then I am not sure what would ever be considered bias.
Kansas is 1-32 against FBS in the past 3 years. 2-1 against FCS. They are essentially FCS. SMU would beat them by 4 touchdowns. But they do rack up a lot of quality losses.

What some people think is P5 bias could also be the result of better recruiting and teams keeping their coaches.

The CFP media doesn't believe Heup is as good as a Coach as Frost...he has to prove them wrong. 9-3 is not that outrageous of a prediction with a completely new coaching staff and concerns in chemistry & transfers(maybe Otis).

What's up with this? He name hasn't been mentioned lately. Is he gone?
don't know but his social media went from being all UCF and positive(like Jordan Johnson) to posting all these deep depressing quotes, so my guess he wants out.

Yeah on FB Live he talked about him. I’ll post link. I missed it but right before that I think someone asked about a topic and Heup said he wasn’t commenting on that.
Thanks for the video. I wasn’t sure if he said that he wasn’t commenting on what was talked about with Otis or Asante Samuel. It wasn’t clear. Maybe I’m reading into it too much, but from what I gathered is:

1). Obviously he’s practicing and is still with the team

2). He started with learning more about the WR position ans practicing with that group. However, he is now is taking at least some RB reps. He’s IS practicing at RB.

3). Whether there was a meeting and/or a compromise between Otis ans Heupel, there is now an understanding that Otis has value at RB and as a dual threat. He’s not strictly a WR. Not sure if any of this is reflected in is Instagram account, but he did say we “are all bugging out” recently.

Transferring means sitting out a year. Things have to be pretty bad for a player to consider that who had so much value and played such a major role as a true freshman on a team that went 13-0

Recent quotes....

They loved me when i was stuck and hated when i departed‼️

Remain silent & never show your hand‼️

@noah11v ‼️‼️‼️

I hear they’re waiting on my next move...

Following Florida International University
Geez!! Thanks. That’s about as negative/bad as it gets. I guess I need to follow these things a little more frequently. Not sure exactly what that first quote means. Kid sounds a little confused.

Geez!! Thanks. That’s about as negative/bad as it gets. I guess I need to follow these things a little more frequently. Not sure exactly what that first quote means. Kid sounds a little confused.

Yes these quotes make you wonder WTF? Certainly sounds like he is disgruntled. We don't need that on this team.....regardless of how talented he is, we have too much depth to deal with negativity

yeah this Otis deal sucks for both sides...He seems to be acting like a selfish diva. The thing that he doesn't realize is that he is assuming everything would have just been exactly the same even if Frost stayed. I think Frost would have eventually transitioned to more power downhill running as well once he had the back to do it. So if he thinks transferring to Nebraska is just going to cure all his woes he may be mistaken.

Look at Urban Meyer at Florida years ago, he had smaller back similar to what Frost used at UCF but eventually transitioned to bigger inside running with backs like E.Elliot at Ohio State.

It's not like we are just making up something to freak out about. We are not talking about Killins for example bc he has shown no signs of being disgruntled & considering a transfer

Last year Milton was transferring too remember. Otis is practicing with the 1st team at RB. I don't know where you are getting info that he is transferring.

Sure there is a chance it could happen. Who knows how he gets along with the new coaches? He changed his social media accounts end of March and his mother posted that he was getting WR reps which was apparently the frustration. Recent practices he has been getting reps with 1st team at RB. I doubt he transfers, but anything is possible. There was a long discussion in the dungeon on this very topic.

Seriously he visited?? He was allowed?? WTF???

alice-in-wonderland-off-with-his-head.gif

Seriously he visited?? He was allowed?? WTF???
He was On Campus during the 1st week of Spring Practice buying season tickets and stopped by the practice field but was later asked to leave. Don't think it was a big deal at the time but if we get another player wanting to transfer there the optics of that look terrible. When you have players trying to turn the page to a new coaching staff him showing up just brings back the connection to the old staff which is not good for emotional 19 year olds.

He was On Campus during the 1st week of Spring Practice buying season tickets and stopped by the practice field but was later asked to leave. Don't think it was a big deal at the time but if we get another player wanting to transfer there the optics of that look terrible. When you have players trying to turn the page to a new coaching staff him showing up just brings back the connection to the old staff which is not good for emotional 19 year olds.

Precisely. Given the prior questionable actions of the departing coaches, there is no good reason for him or anyone tied to that program sniffing around UCF players period!

And a Nebraska coach was buying UCF f-cking season tickets???

Man you guys are jumping at shadows.... Coach Beckton was with UCF for 20 years or so and was a player here. He took a job that doubled his salary and he is spending some of that money on UCF season tickets.

I think UCF needs to get a restraining order for Bectondict Arnold. He’s a practice stalker looking for 19 year old talented RBs. Dilly Dilly!! Off with his head!!!

Man you guys are jumping at shadows.... Coach Beckton was with UCF for 20 years or so and was a player here. He took a job that doubled his salary and he is spending some of that money on UCF season tickets.

Nope. You are taking a BTW comment completely out of context. This was merely a just out of curiosity type question.....why in the heck would he purchase UCF season football tix while coaching football at Nebraska? The real issue is WTF is he doing snooping around UCF practice and players after it is a given that the Nebraska coaches were recruiting for Nebraska while on the UCF payroll. The optics of him sniffing around just plain suck for him, period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT