ADVERTISEMENT

France Bans Sales of Monsanto’s Roundup, 3 Months After U.N. Calls It ‘Probable Carcinogen’

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
After an arm of the U.N.’s World Health Organization (WHO) identified the main ingredient in Monsanto’s popular weed killer Roundup as “probably carcinogenic to humans,” France has taken a step to limit sales of the herbicide.

On Sunday, French Ecology Minister Ségolène Royal announced that the government would ban the sale of Roundup at garden centers in the country. "France must be on the offensive with regards to the banning of pesticides," Royal said on French television, according to Agence France-Presse. "I have asked garden centers to stop putting Monsanto's Roundup on sale" in self-service aisles, she said.

http://www.newsweek.com/france-bans...den-centers-after-un-names-it-probable-343311

I personally go through about 60 gallons of Roundup a year or more. I'm not pulling weeds.

So Fab, again, speak English. The environmentally conscious shit doesn't compute.

My chemical tank, which I tow behind my lawn tractor, is about 70 gallons. With the hundreds of yards of fencing on my property, I used to easily use a couple hundred gallons per year on a rainy year. But now my son is old enough to weed eat, I have since become environmentally conscious. I almost never use that stuff except for around my pool on the paver cracks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT