ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Graham and the High Cost of the Lost Evangelical Witness

Before commenting on the article, I just want to remind everyone that previously I linked to a David French article from NR and Shook Chicken lost his shit and accused me of only ever linking to extremists.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Before commenting on the article, I just want to remind everyone that previously I linked to a David French article from NR and Shook Chicken lost his shit and accused me of only ever linking to extremists.

I mean - there's quite a few articles that echo the same sentiment as this article. I chose this one to show that even a right leaning site is putting stuff out like this.

I mean - there's quite a few articles that echo the same sentiment as this article. I chose this one to show that even a right leaning site is putting stuff out like this.

I get why you did that, I'm just pointing out what a whiny little snowflake @fried-chicken is.

Seriously, 85? bq was trying to get some thoughts on an article. Was this post really necessary?

Reactions: Crazyhole
Seriously, 85? bq was trying to get some thoughts on an article. Was this post really necessary?

Sure was . So, what are your thoughts?

I didn't offer any since I'm apparently a child rapist supporting Catholic and Evangelicals aren't really my thing, and I've barely read anything from the guy in question.

Sure was . So, what are your thoughts?

I didn't offer any since I'm apparently a child rapist supporting Catholic and Evangelicals aren't really my thing, and I've barely read anything from the guy in question.
Haven't read it yet. It's Friday, I had a jagerbomb with the wife (Friday post work tradition), drinking a beer, and now I'm going to purchase some tickets to the UCF Pitt game. In other words, I'll read it later. :)

Haven't read it yet. It's Friday, I had a jagerbomb with the wife (Friday post work tradition), drinking a beer, and now I'm going to purchase some tickets to the UCF Pitt game. In other words, I'll read it later. :)

Jager bomb?? I did not see that one coming.

0Kuxwqx.jpg

I lived in Pittsburgh for a while. It’s a cool city. Definitely a pro-sports town. I’ll be at that game as well.

When church leaders decide to push their congregations in a political direction, it ceases being about faith and becomes all about power.

I can't think of a bigger turn-off for people searching for a church community.

When church leaders decide to push their congregations in a political direction, it ceases being about faith and becomes all about power.

I can't think of a bigger turn-off for people searching for a church community.
I’m personally not into this whole mega church / televangelist phenomenon . My perfect church would be one that met on the beach on an early Sunday morning . Followed my grilling lunch and hanging with your family and friends . That’s fellowship in my book

I’m personally not into this whole mega church / televangelist phenomenon . My perfect church would be one that met on the beach on an early Sunday morning . Followed my grilling lunch and hanging with your family and friends . That’s fellowship in my book
And sharing testimony.

I can't say that I disagree with the writer. Hypocrisy is the worst, especially as a leader.

That being said, I'm not an evangelical. I do remember going to see Billy Graham as a kid though. He filled the Citrus Bowl.

I do remember going to see Billy Graham as a kid though. He filled the Citrus Bowl.
As I recall, Billy made it a point to be apolitical and offer spiritual support to all of our past Presidents during his lifetime.

His son's partisan politics only serve to diminish him and turn his followers into a special interest group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT