ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Cincy at duh*bulls 7:30pm espn

Cincinatti destroyed us, right? It's going to be worse than 2007. At home!!!!

Rivalry game my ass!!!!

to all the anti-Cristobal people on this board. This USF team is the result of hiring a young recruiter. Taggart brought in 2 good recruiting classes of mostly Tampa Bay area players, switched to the spread with a new OC, and boom it's all coming together for him after the growing pains. They'll be the unanimous 1st place favorites in the AAC next season

Reactions: Boston.Knight
to all the anti-Cristobal people on this board. This USF team is the result of hiring a young recruiter. Taggart brought in 2 good recruiting classes of mostly Tampa Bay area players, switched to the spread with a new OC, and boom it's all coming together for him after the growing pains. They'll be the unanimous 1st place favorites in the AAC next season
The AAC is going to be the top G5 division by far next year and wouldn't be surprised if the top 4/5 teams are better than 1-2 P5 top 4/5 teams

I'll be there on Thursday but you never know what will happen during rivalry games. I won't count out the Knights.

Taggart out-recruited O'leary while winning 2 to 3 games a year while O'leary was winning conference titles and a BCS game with a top 10 ranking. It really goes to show you that these kids can be sold anything in recruiting.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Taggart out-recruited O'leary while winning 2 to 3 games a year while O'leary was winning conference titles and a BCS game with a top 10 ranking. It really goes to show you that these kids can be sold anything in recruiting.

Cristobal.

Reactions: HammerB08
Hey Guys – USF alum/fan here, but by nature am not a trash-talker, nor I am not here to hate. I’ve been following this board to keep up on news/rumors of your coaching search.

With the season the Knights have had, I understand the overall angst that I’m reading on here…of course I get it, as the last 5 years of Bulls football have been, ummmm, not pretty. I get what you are feeling right now.

Yet I don’t think you need to worry for even a second that you are not going to get an outstanding coach. When that guy is announced, you may immediately recognize the name and be familiar with the body of work, or you might say “who?”. No matter your initial reaction, at the very least you are getting a ‘good’ coach who will most likely turn into a ‘great’ coach pretty quickly.

I am certain there are a lot of quality coaches that are slobbering all over themselves with the idea of coaching at UCF, and with good reason. There are a helluva lot worse places to make your living and raise your family than the middle of Florida. And a helluva lot worse places to recruit.

Our two programs are sleeping giants…GIANTS. The ingredients are all there for either or both to put it all together on a consistent basis. There is going to come a time, and I think it’s soon, where the state will be comprised of the Big 5…not the Big 3. There is just too much talent here for that not to happen.

Give your new guy a chance and be patient. I am not sure most of us over here initially appreciated how far into a ditch Skip Holtz had run this program, and I don’t know enough to know how big your current ditch is, but the bottom-line is that you can climb out of it, and relatively quickly.

Finally, with regard to the above, please know that I am not trying to come off as an expert. I am sure that most of you know more about the X’s and O’s than I do, and I realize that USF winning 6 out of 7 doesn’t mean that I have the right to say a damned thing…it’s only 6 games after all. The point is once this season is over, move on quickly, get behind your coach and get your swagger back!

Go Bulls!…and with the exception of next Thursday, Go Knights!

Reactions: crambone
I may have to drop the "duh*bulls" and starting going "Duh*bearcats" and "duh*knights".

Is USF fo'real? Wow. what a blow out.

ADVERTISEMENT