ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is gone. Announcement made

Gee, THANKS Ucfmikes.

I popped over here tonight to escape the Husker message boards. And BTW, the Husker Rivals board sucks.
The only reason I posted it is because I read the Frost comments (they are actually funny) and low and behold I noticed that your best buddy started the thread in August. The recent backlash was pretty funny

Frost, Chins, Beckton, and the rest of them will be gone by Thanksgiving. Real tragedy here for Beckton as a UCF guy. He needed to go get some experience outside of UCF to rise in the coaching ranks and all he did was step in an enormous pile of dog shit.

Scotty got suckered into taking a job he really didn't want. Daddy and Tom Osborne guilted him into it. He was happy here in central Florida and recently married with a child. The latter two are now gone. She never wanted to leave Florida and couldn't stand Lincoln or his parents.

I don't know that Nebraska ever will return to their glory days of the 1990s. It's highly doubtful. It is not a destination school for kids out of Florida like Osborne used to get. Those kids are now going to UCF or other P5 schools. Nebraska, ND, Colorado, Washington, Illinois, UCLA, Syracuse, Miami--all programs that have not been relevant since Saved by the Bell, Nintendo 64, and dial-up internet.

Nebraska is the SEARS of college football. They are a blue blood that functioned well then 30 years ago. Division 1 football doubled in size and programs in the south east in particular gobbled up talent . When they jumped to the Big Ten that was a huge mistake leaving their core recruiting grounds .

Now that SEC firmly planted it's flag in Texas and Oklahoma, it will only make competition for recruits that much harder . Throw in an expanded playoff system ,NIL and transfer portal it doesn't matter as much your school's heritage . Location begins to play a factor more and more. I have been to Nebraska great place to grow corn and wheat but if you're not from there, well , it's kind of boring especially for an 18 year old kid .

Sears always thought people would love shopping with them ,then the internet said hello. Next year in Florida alone there will be 4 Power 5 schools , plus FAU ,FIU and I think that's it ? Am I forgetting somebody ? Anyway, plucking speed players from here to play there is going to get tougher moving forward .

The only way out of this is for Nebraska to sell their soul and hire Urban Meyer at 10 million a year. Guarantee you that POS could win there. Ain't no one else doing it though. UCF is closer to being a blue blood right now than Nebraska is.

Reactions: Nautiknight
The only way out of this is for Nebraska to sell their soul and hire Urban Meyer at 10 million a year. Guarantee you that POS could win there. Ain't no one else doing it though. UCF is closer to being a blue blood right now than Nebraska is.
True that but it also illustrates a point, does it not? In order to win there you have to have a $10 million a year top dog coach to do it. Otherwise, they have become an average team on the fruited plains of the west. With the expanded playoff format UCF could actually have a better path than Nebraska and do it for less money at that . 😉

Frost, Chins, Beckton, and the rest of them will be gone by Thanksgiving. Real tragedy here for Beckton as a UCF guy. He needed to go get some experience outside of UCF to rise in the coaching ranks and all he did was step in an enormous pile of dog shit.

Scotty got suckered into taking a job he really didn't want. Daddy and Tom Osborne guilted him into it. He was happy here in central Florida and recently married with a child. The latter two are now gone. She never wanted to leave Florida and couldn't stand Lincoln or his parents.

I don't know that Nebraska ever will return to their glory days of the 1990s. It's highly doubtful. It is not a destination school for kids out of Florida like Osborne used to get. Those kids are now going to UCF or other P5 schools. Nebraska, ND, Colorado, Washington, Illinois, UCLA, Syracuse, Miami--all programs that have not been relevant since Saved by the Bell, Nintendo 64, and dial-up internet.
I am in the minority w the UCF fanbase that I think he would have consistently stayed successful here if he stayed. They were about to start bringing in monster recruiting classes after 17.

now? My guess mentally he is cooked . more likely he becomes an nfl assistant coach

Who in the hell would be dumb enough as an 18 year old to move to Bumbfck Lincoln, Nebraska over Orlando, Miami, LA, or any other halfway decent town?

I agree with you, I just don't see NE getting back to the glory days when there are so much better options.

Annnnnnnd Frost is fired.

Since going to Nebraska from UCF, he’s:

-lost his wife (divorce)
-lost his kid (through divorce)
-lost his dad (through death)
-lost his job (through sucking)

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Who in the hell would be dumb enough as an 18 year old to move to Bumbfck Lincoln, Nebraska over Orlando, Miami, LA, or any other halfway decent town?

I agree with you, I just don't see NE getting back to the glory days when there are so much better options.
or Athens which is an amazing college town and like an hour from Atlanta for wife/family trips

Annnnnnnd Frost is fired.

Since going to Nebraska from UCF, he’s:

-lost his wife (divorce)
-lost his kid (through divorce)
-lost his dad (through death)
-lost his job (through sucking)
Pile it on, guys. I'm a big boy. ;)

But one clarification: Scott and Ashley are still married and there has been no word of a separation. And -- trust me -- if there was any hint of a riff, the Husker fishbowl rumor mill would have been all over it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Pile it on, guys. I'm a big boy. ;)

But one clarification: Scott and Ashley are still married and there has been no word of a separation. And -- trust me -- if there was any hint of a riff, the Husker fishbowl rumor mill would have been all over it.
There were rumors last year of their problems. Lord knows they started here in Orlando, so it’s not exactly surprising were it to happen. I know for a fact she hates Lincoln and his parents, although one is dead now.

ADVERTISEMENT