ADVERTISEMENT

Frost just puttin it to em w the PG interview

Saying all great things. "Lots of talent", "UCF hasn't reached the ceiling", "That's why I took this job".

Coach's staying. Sorry.
Unfortunately those quotes could just as easily be interpreted as "I am leaving this place better than I found it... Another great coach will see the present/future here... This program can succeed without me..."

But, damn, I hope you are right.

Go forth and post this on Husker online... (I haven't used Twitter in awhile and don't know immediately how to post a tweet.)
Don't need a twitter acct. From a pc, just click on the tweet till a window opens then copy the url.

Unfortunately those quotes could just as easily be interpreted as "I am leaving this place better than I found it... Another great coach will see the present/future here... This program can succeed without me..."

But, damn, I hope you are right.
Nah. I can read people. Frost is a lot more oblivious to the rumors than we think. His plate is full

He's saying all the right things, but you can't blame the man for taking 5 mil a year if that rumor proves to be true. I hope he stays, but I'm not holding my breath.

He's saying all the right things, but you can't blame the man for taking 5 mil a year if that rumor proves to be true. I hope he stays, but I'm not holding my breath.
5 million?? I seriously doubt that. UFs coach made like 4.2 and Nebraska's coach made 2.7

Don't let Basement trolls brainwash you

Reactions: Lurky
Every year he stays he throws away over $3 million. Let’s keep our optimism in check. I put little stock in coaches saying they aren’t leaving. Unfortunately words mean little in a world of actions driven by money.

Reactions: Lurky
He could easily silence all these rumors if he just said “I’m going to be coaching at UCF next year.” Simply stating that “the rumors of a finalized deal arent true,” wouldn’t make me feel any better as a UCF fan.

That was my thought. "I can promise you no deal has been made" would not make me feel any better as a UCF fan.

He could easily silence all these rumors if he just said “I’m going to be coaching at UCF next year.” Simply stating that “the rumors of a finalized deal arent true,” wouldn’t make me feel any better as a UCF fan.
He's probably going to talk to Nebraska. He's not talking publicly because he's occupied and negotiating

Smart business move by his agent

Every year he stays he throws away over $3 million. Let’s keep our optimism in check. I put little stock in coaches saying they aren’t leaving. Unfortunately words mean little in a world of actions driven by money.
1 more year only, but who knows

That was my thought. "I can promise you no deal has been made" would not make me feel any better as a UCF fan.

Your pathetic desperation is getting more apparent by the second. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sadhr2.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic
Until Frost says I will be at UCF next year, I am not considering other offers Husker fans will hope he's coming.
Until he says I am coaching for Nebraska next year UCF fans will hope he's staying.
We will all know for sure in 2 weeks.

Post from “CornNation” when they were looking for a coach less than 3 years ago. Frost was on the list then...along with...Nick Saban :joy:

https://www.cornnation.com/2014/11/...ball-coaching-candidates-bo-pelini/in/7073846

I know reading the very next line after "Nick Saban" is super hard put I'll paste it anyway:

"Mike: He’s not leaving Alabama, even if Nebraska were to offer $10 million a year"

and of course Frost was mentioned. The fans have wanted him here for awhile. But our AD didn't ask him.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Find a man, just 1 man in the entire damn state of Nebraska who's not afraid to fire the coach first, since no one in Nebraska can do it. 35-10 Do they still play football in Nebraska?

I don't think Frost coaches women's football.

Find a man, just 1 man in the entire damn state of Nebraska who's not afraid to fire the coach first, since no one in Nebraska can do it. 35-10 Do they still play football in Nebraska?

I don't think Frost coaches women's football.

It’s likely Riley has already been told he won’t be retained, with a public comment coming next Saturday. Lots of smoke on our end that this occurred Tuesday or Wednesday after the Minnesota game.

All the Frost talk will be settled in the next two weeks either way.

As unpopular as this will be on this board, we need to understand Frost may go. He is openly admitting he hasn't made a decision, which means, he is absolutely considering multiple options, thus, the need for a decision.

Now, that doesn't mean he is leaning one way or another. It does not mean he has made a decision and keeping it quiet. It means all of us are going to have to wait another 2 weeks before he even starts to think about making a decision, which is what he has been saying all along. ANYONE on either side claiming otherwise is calling Scott Frost a liar.

As unpopular as this will be on this board, we need to understand Frost may go. He is openly admitting he hasn't made a decision, which means, he is absolutely considering multiple options, thus, the need for a decision.

Now, that doesn't mean he is leaning one way or another. It does not mean he has made a decision and keeping it quiet. It means all of us are going to have to wait another 2 weeks before he even starts to think about making a decision, which is what he has been saying all along. ANYONE on either side claiming otherwise is calling Scott Frost a liar.
Frost most likely knows exactly what he's going to do already and it has never sounded like Nebraska. Not once.

And UCF fans better hope he hasn't already made a decision because if he did, that's not good for us. There is no reason not to announce he is staying if that was what he supposedly already decided. And, no, the Football Excellence Fund is not a reason. They've already raised a ton. Announcing he was staying would only lead to another rush of donations and REALLY motivate his team, lifting any concerns they have.

Just playing devils advocate here.

And Nebraska fans, just because he hasn't made a decision publicly, that doesn't mean you're getting him either. He may not be putting much thought into YET because he really doesn't have THAT much interest anyway or his wife is REALLY not onboard.

We don't know what he's going to do and neither does he.

Reactions: WonderbreadFunk
And UCF fans better hope he hasn't already made a decision because if he did, that's not good for us. There is no reason not to announce he is staying if that was what he supposedly already decided. And, no, the Football Excellence Fund is not a reason. They've already raised a ton. Announcing he was staying would only lead to another rush of donations and REALLY motivate his team, lifting any concerns they have.

And Nebraska fans, just because he hasn't made a decision publicly, that doesn't mean you're getting him either. He may not be putting much thought into YET because he really doesn't have THAT much interest anyway or his wife is REALLY not onboard.

A great season at UCF doesn’t translate to having instant success at Nebraska. That school isn’t set up for sustained winning any longer.

I think he would have some moderate success but National Championships aren’t in the cards for Nebraska in the Future. Only way they get big time talent again is they cheat and pay players and their families. If they do that they are in big trouble.

I like Frost and I want him to stay but UCF has found the formula to sustain winning and play an exciting brand of football. I believe we will find another innovative winnng coach as well if and when Frost leaves.

Yep. And don't believe everything you read on the internet. Contrary to popular belief, not everything on the internet is true.

I don't remember him saying he hasn't made a decision yet, correct if wrong, he's said he's paying attention to the remaining games and putting everything else out. Now, why do that? It's an excellent learning moment for the team and how they should act the remainder of this season and next. Put out of mind the ranking cartel, playoffs, everyone saying you don't play anyone. Here's hoping that's the reason he's ignored this.

I don't remember him saying he hasn't made a decision yet, correct if wrong, he's said he's paying attention to the remaining games and putting everything else out. Now, why do that? It's an excellent learning moment for the team and how they should act the remainder of this season and next. Put out of mind the ranking cartel, playoffs, everyone saying you don't play anyone. Here's hoping that's the reason he's ignored this.

Here's the quote, which is slightly different from him saying "I haven't made a decision."

“That’s just totally false,” Frost said following UCF’s 45-19 win over Temple. “I haven’t paid any attention to all of these whirlwind rumors and everything and I’m not going to. I got an unbelievable team I’m coaching and I can promise you that no decision has been made.”

ADVERTISEMENT