ADVERTISEMENT

Frost May Not Live up to the Hype

NObraska fans on this board after this season:

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-pi

Reactions: Mikesi
Interesting read from the land of Nobs

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sport...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

While I agree that UCF made Frost look better than he is, there is no denying that his recruiting and motivation was spot on. His play calling year two was very good. But I also think he recruited a real diamond in the rough with Milton. I think UCF and Frost were a very good fit. Not so sure the same is true in Nobsville.

The real Question is will Heup live up to the hype....
Finally! An article that 'gets it.' The 2 major takeways ...

1) UCF has been a winning program, long-term, while Nebraska has not for a long time

2) Frost didn't want to leave UCF, because of the talent, and only his Alma Mater could sway him

I just fear if he doesn't win by season 2, they'll kick him out before he's had a chance to build a program.

Finally! An article that 'gets it.' The 2 major takeways ...

1) UCF has been a winning program, long-term, while Nebraska has not for a long time

2) Frost didn't want to leave UCF, because of the talent, and only his Alma Mater could sway him

I just fear if he doesn't win by season 2, they'll kick him out before he's had a chance to build a program.
Not a chance. He will be there 4 years at the VERY LEAST. Doubt even that soon. He’s the savior and last chance. No way are they giving up on him that quickly

Not a chance. He will be there 4 years at the VERY LEAST. Doubt even that soon. He’s the savior and last chance. No way are they giving up on him that quickly
I'll re-phrase and re-clarify ...

85% of their fans, the Cornholios, will want to kick him out by season 2

I do think the AD and program will give him until season 4, as you said.

You know we have more wins then you the last decade right right? This is a fact. Your obsession with us is sweet though. Our program is decades ahead of UCF. You wouldn’t sustain a conference like the Big Ten.

Reactions: husker0028
You know we have more wins then you the last decade right right? This is a fact. Your obsession with us is sweet though. Our program is decades ahead of UCF. You wouldn’t sustain a conference like the Big Ten.
You are here day and night and I’m the one obsessed? Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again. A Nobraska fan history lesson in ancient history. Fact is, you haven’t won a conference championship since 1999, so you’re not doing exactly great in your own conference to be preaching about Big-10 success. Actually you’re the laughing stock and whipping boys of the conference

We were 13-0 in 2017 and are the shiny new successful team nationally. It’s hard for you to accept that with all your insecurities. That’s why you are here. You were 4-8. Read that again 4-8
Can’t even beat a team in the MAC conference or wherever Northern Illinois plays in and your talking Big -10. What a joke!

Nobraska isn’t decades ahead of anyone. They are irrelevant in the eyes of all college football fans and experts outside of Nobraska.
A backwards program that constantly talks about PAST SUCCESS.

Stay triggered. It’s adorable.

5-7? That would mean Frost did better at Nebraska his first year then UCF. Didn’t Frost go 6-7 at UCF two years ago with one of the weakest schedules in the nation?

I doubt UCF could have done better then 5-7 in the Big Ten last year.
I think that is the point. In the AAC we can be the Ohio state of the AAC, in the Big 10 you can be the Wake Forest of the B10.

You know UCF hadn't been in any FBS conference more than a decade when that started (and jumped through 2)? Seriously, this is the sheer arrogance we get tired of on our board!

Many of us logical, realistic Knights are trying to prepare Nebraska fans for the possibility that a turn-around is going to take 4+ years at Nebraska. That's not 'arrogance,' but reality.

The '15 UCF team that went 0-12 had a number of Knights that were on the '13 UCF team. We had 2 great recruiting classes in '14 and '15 too.

It may happen in 2 years at Nebraska, but it could easily take 4. I fear, for Frost, the 85% of Nebraska fans that are "Cornholios" like yourself, that won't accept a turnaround that takes longer than UCF's.

Ignore us at your own peril.

You are here day and night and I’m the one obsessed? Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again. A Nobraska fan history lesson in ancient history. Fact is, you haven’t won a conference championship since 1999, so you’re not doing exactly great in your own conference to be preaching about Big-10 success. Actually you’re the laughing stock and whipping boys of the conference

We were 13-0 in 2017 and are the shiny new successful team nationally. It’s hard for you to accept that with all your insecurities. That’s why you are here. You were 4-8. Read that again 4-8
Can’t even beat a team in the MAC conference or wherever Northern Illinois plays in and your talking Big -10. What a joke!

Nobraska isn’t decades ahead of anyone. They are irrelevant in the eyes of all college football fans and experts outside of Nobraska.
A backwards program that constantly talks about PAST SUCCESS.

Stay triggered. It’s adorable.

I’m only dropping truth. The fact you can’t handle the truth is your problem. Not mine. You won’t find one thread on Nebraska board discussing UCF. Mainly because we don’t care.

I’m only dropping truth. The fact you can’t handle the truth is your problem. Not mine. You won’t find one thread on Nebraska board discussing UCF. Mainly because we don’t care.
Still obsessed. Awesome. You’re getting slammed in 5 differently directions, but you only responded to me. I’m in your head and you can’t get me out.

You can’t help discussing UCF 24/7 over here.
You’re envious, jealous and insecure. Keep coming over and worshipping the UCF you strive to become.

You seem really pathetic compared to your peers then.

Don't say "We don't care."

You are here day and night and then you have the audacity to comment how secure the Nebraska board is.

Last edited:
Still obsessed. Awesome. You’re getting slammed in 5 differently directions, but you only responded to me. I’m in your head and you can’t get me out.

You can’t help discussing UCF 24/7 over here.
You’re envious, jealous and insecure. Keep coming over and worshipping the UCF you strive to become.
Wipe those tears. Come up with your own arguments lol.

Wipe those tears. Come up with your own arguments lol.
Lol???? Laughing at your own pathetic comments now? You really are schizophrenic

Time for you to throw in the towel. Wave the white flag son. You’ve been defeated. You’re obsessed with our success and incredibly insecure. You’re making a complete fool of
yourself. You’re slammed by multiple posters after everything you write. You’re a pathetic lonely sole. Nobody agrees with you or supports you. Your own Nobraska fan peers on here have abandoned you.

You’re team was 4-8 and your have absolutely no leverage on here. This board is about present day successful programs, winners and winning. Come back when Nobraska is any of the above.

Last edited:
Let's just get it all out there ...
  • Nebraska smartly got out of the Texas-controlled Big XII, and ended up walking into stiffer competition
  • Nebraska's fanbase expects Osbourne success, no exceptions, and has gone through coaches
Maybe Frost will have success within 2 seasons. But as this article finally points out, Frost may require more.

Meanwhile ...
  • UCF's potential was ignored for years, and it's fanbase is only now growing with success (like Miami in the late '70s), because it finally took football seriously after '03
  • UCF has moved up and in every conference move, it's had more success as a result of each move, showcasing its continued potential should it ever get a P5 invite
  • Take 2015 out of the equation, and the '10 decade is very impressive
Given UCF is a G5, it's level of success is unmatched by anyone but Boise State, and even 2 of Boise State's 3 major bowls wins haven't been more impressive against UCF's 2 (I'll concede 2010).

Last edited:
Reactions: G8RLegist
Lol???? Laughing at your own pathetic comments now? You really are schizophrenic

Time for you to throw in the towel. Wave the white flag son. You’ve been defeated. You’re obsessed with our success and incredibly insecure. You’re making a complete fool of
yourself. You’re slammed by multiple posters after everything you write. You’re a pathetic lonely sole. Nobody agrees with you or supports you. Your own Nobraska fan peers on here have abandoned you.

You’re team was 4-8 and your have absolutely no leverage on here. This board is about present day successful programs, winners and winning. Come back when Nobraska is any of the above.
You’re so unorganized that you have nothing original to say. You just recycle others lol. Mainly mine. No shock when you have an IQ in the mid 60’s. You poor child.

Last edited:
You’re so unorganized that you have nothing to say. You just recycle others lol. Mainly mine. No shock when you have an IQ in the mid 60’s. You poor child.
“Lol lol lol”. Oh no.. my IQ has been insulted and I’m unorganized. I think I can live with that. However, the I’m a poor child thing. I think I’m scarred for life now.

“Lol lol lol”. Oh no.. my IQ has been insulted and I’m unorganized. I think I can live with that. However, the I’m a poor child thing. I think I’m scarred for life now.
Titled. I know. You’re still triggered Frost left you

I remember when everything was going down. You were so smug and sure he was staying. Then when he dumped you, you got banned on the Husker board because you lost your mind. Said a bunch of explicit words. Made post after post about how he better not coach in the bowl game. Then when it was announced you had no coaches left you made post after post about he he better coach the bowl game.

The meltdown with you just never ends. It’s glorious. I thank you for the entertainment.

Titled. I know. You’re still triggered Frost left you

I remember when everything was going down. You were so smug and sure he was staying. Then when he dumped you, you got banned on the Husker board because you lost your mind. Said a bunch of explicit words. Made post after post about how he better not coach in the bowl game. Then when it was announced you had no coaches left you made post after post about he he better coach the bowl game.

The meltdown with you just never ends. It’s glorious. I thank you for the entertainment.
Very sad and pathetic. You keep digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself and now you’re so triggered that you can’t even talk about football. I got you!!!

FYI. You’re hooked. It’s so obvious. You’re trying to act like we are all butthurt and having a meltdown when you’re actually the only one making a fool of yourself. You keep pushing and grasping at ANYTHING and it’s just not working.
You’re all by yourself on an island or should I say basement in Nobraska.

I actually said that maybe he shouldn’t coach the Bowl game, so factually you are incorrect. However, I’m now glad that he did.

I’m actually not banned from the Husker Board, but don’t feel a need to constantly Troll another teams board day and night. Nor did I post much of anything and actually nothing since mid last season. Maybe a half dozen short posts. So., again you are incorrect. You have a few hundred posts here I’m sure. None of them worth anything

Facts

1) UCF 13-0 National Champions and most likely will win 10 plus games in 2018.
Most likely will win the eastern conference of the AAC. One of the hottest and exciting teams in America.

2) Nobraska. 4-8 in 2017. Lost to Northern Illinois at home. One of the worst seasons in history. Been through 5-6 coaches in the last several years. Hasn’t won a conference championship since 1999. Predicted 2018 record. 2-10 to 7-5

Ouch!!!! The truth and reality hurts

I’m so in your head day and night. It’s a great time to be a UCF fan and it’s killing you. The future of Nobraska is cloudy and full of uncertainty

Last edited:
You have no advantage in the AAC. You went 12-0 and didn’t even sniff a playoff spot.

Again, Nebraska recruits better then UCF. Nebraska has better resources then UCF. Nebraska has better infrastructure then UCF. No one would argue this outcome of Disneyland.

We will do better then Frost did his first season. (Which isn’t that hard to do). Will we go undefeated next year? Probably not because we actually play teams with a pulse. It’s not like we get to face cupcakes until the last game of the season.

I'm a little perplexed, if all we played were cupcake teams, why did you want our coach so bad? He is going to be so much better at NUL (Nebraska University at Lincoln) than he was at UCF because he will now play a team with a pulse. Nebraska has more talent than UCF but they primarily pulled in our recruiting class and they had players hospitalized during a practice because it was too intense yet our team could do it in the summer in 90+ degree heat. No advantage in our conference, yet we have won 3 of 5 conference championships in the last 5 years. You could be right because I don't see the CFP ever inviting a G5 team and we proved that this year. You've called us the worst football team because we went winless one year when we had 29 players graduate/ go pro the prior year and our OC retired because of his health unexpectedly and our HC said he was done but he was pressured into staying on because he wanted to be our AD and he was both HC and AD. The stars aligned and the nightmare scenario actually happened when we had 3 JRs as the most experienced players on the team and the rest of the JRs and RSSO were injured. I could name many more teams in a worse spot like Kansas or Kentucky or KState or Duke or Vanderbuilt or Indiana or the B1G West (less Wisconsin because they win some games). Let's see how well the team performs this fall and see if NUL is a team with a pulse.

Very sad and pathetic. You keep digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself and now you’re so triggered that you can’t even talk about football. I got you!!!

FYI. You’re hooked. It’s so obvious. You’re trying to act like we are all butthurt and having a meltdown when you’re actually the only one making a fool of yourself. You keep pushing and grasping at ANYTHING and it’s just not working.
You’re all by yourself on an island or should I say basement in Nobraska.

I actually said that maybe he shouldn’t coach the Bowl game, so factually you are incorrect. However, I’m now glad that he did.

I’m actually not banned from the Husker Board, but don’t feel a need to constantly Troll another teams board day and night. Nor did I post much of anything and actually nothing since mid last season. Maybe a half dozen short posts. So., again you are incorrect. You have a few hundred posts here I’m sure. None of them worth anything

Facts

1) UCF 13-0 National Champions and most likely will win 10 plus games in 2018.
Most likely will win the eastern conference of the AAC. One of the hottest and exciting teams in America.

2) Nobraska. 4-8 in 2017. Lost to Northern Illinois at home. One of the worst seasons in history. Been through 5-6 coaches in the last several years. Hasn’t won a conference championship since 1999. Predicted 2018 record. 2-10 to 7-5

Ouch!!!! The truth and reality hurts

I’m so in your head day and night. It’s a great time to be a UCF fan and it’s killing you. The future of Nobraska is cloudy and full of uncertainty
Last year. Yes, was the worst season in our very prestigious. In over 120 years of football it we had our worst season in history. You are 2 years removed from being the worst program in the country. We have never took that title. Then again, we are Nebraska. One of the winninist programs in history.

More wins then UCF the last decade. In a stronger conference, against much better competition. Again, you couldn’t handle P5 football. You had 2...... 2 wins against P5 teams.

One of those teams you beat finished behind us in the Big 10 lol. Yet you out here talking about an imaginary National Championship. Delusional much?

I’m sorry Frost dumped a program no one heard of before last year. I know for whatever reason your proud of the Disney UCF Knights.

Here are the facts. Even if you did somehow join a big boy league. It would take you a decade to be competitive. You wouldn’t win 5 games with our schedule. You’re recruiting took a huge hit after the biggest season in your history. Frost recruited light years ahead of any coach in your schools history. Your two deep was stacked with his players. Now, you’re stuck with a guy that appears to know not what recruiting is. That was a terrible class.

Your second string QB also dumped you. If McKinzie knew he could play right away, he would abandon you as well.

We got the best coach available. You hired a coach that was fired from OU, and had lack luster offense once then.

Last year. Yes, was the worst season in our very prestigious. In over 120 years of football it we had our worst season in history. You are 2 years removed from being the worst program in the country. We have never took that title. Then again, we are Nebraska. One of the winninist programs in history.

More wins then UCF the last decade. In a stronger conference, against much better competition. Again, you couldn’t handle P5 football. You had 2...... 2 wins against P5 teams.

One of those teams you beat finished behind us in the Big 10 lol. Yet you out here talking about an imaginary National Championship. Delusional much?

I’m sorry Frost dumped a program no one heard of before last year. I know for whatever reason your proud of the Disney UCF Knights.

Here are the facts. Even if you did somehow join a big boy league. It would take you a decade to be competitive. You wouldn’t win 5 games with our schedule. You’re recruiting took a huge hit after the biggest season in your history. Frost recruited light years ahead of any coach in your schools history. Your two deep was stacked with his players. Now, you’re stuck with a guy that appears to know not what recruiting is. That was a terrible class.

Your second string QB also dumped you. If McKinzie knew he could play right away, he would abandon you as well.

We got the best coach available. You hired a coach that was fired from OU, and had lack luster offense once then.

It is going to be so much fun watching you fail week after week this fall. :sunglasses:

Reactions: jucf97 and Mikesi

This is so awesome. You’re so triggered. Do you need to change your underwear now?

Your recruiting classes have done such wonders for you. You lose to Northern Illinois with classes in the 20’s year after year and go 4-8, while we have had a linebacker who runs a 4.38, 40. Faster than any of your WRs. Now we have 10.3 and 10.5 100 meter guys. UCF would destroy Nobraska last year and this.

Trust me Milton didn’t want to go from being a Hawaii boy to living in hell. That’s another nonfactual statement.

Have fun with another season of irrelevancy and hope Noah Vedral can play this season. You’re going to need our sloppy seconds to go 5-7. Glad you’ve been recruiting such great QBs. So great that you need our garbage time QB. Guess you’re not up on the Nobraska football news.

No QB and no defense helps spell NObraska

Last edited:
This is so awesome. You’re so triggered. Do you need to change your underwear now?

Your recruiting classes have done such wonders for you. You lose to Northern Illinois with classes in the 20’s year after year and go 4-8, while we have had a linebacker who runs a 4.38, 40. Faster than any of your WRs. Now we have 10.3 and 10.5 100 meter guys. UCF would destroy Nobraska last year and this.

Trust me Milton didn’t want to go from being a Hawaii boy to living in hell. That’s another nonfactual statement.

Have fun with another season of irrelevancy and hope Noah Vedral can play this season. You’re going to need our sloppy seconds to go 5-7. Glad you’ve been recruiting such great QBs. So great that you need our garbage time QB. Guess you’re not up on the Nobraska football news.

Seriously.............. can't figure it out....

At what point does coming to the UCF board get old. This post was about Frost and his potential road bumps/issues with his new job. The article wasn't negative towards nebraska. Was more of a whoa..... pump the breaks big red.

It is potentially not going to be all sunshine and touchdowns.

It was about how great of a fit his offense was with the location of UCF and what UCF had to offer.

This is a UCF board. With UCF fans discussing their team and how it relates to them.

Just don't get it.

Griffin was a DB before Frost took over. If Frost never took over the Disney UCF Knights Griffin is a nobody and UCF doesn’t sniff a a good season. I want you to pump that stuff up. It shows just how outstanding Frost did in his coaching at UCF.

Literally everything you discussed is praising the job of the coach that left you. So thank you for the generous comments of our coach. Really let’s us know just how good we have it now.

Yes, Frost night go 5-7. With our schedule I’d be ok with that. It would definitely mean Frost and his staff have come a long way from his 6-7 debut at UCF. I mean, even Saban didn’t do much better at Alabama in his first years.

I really appreciate your obsession and concern with our football team.

JzCHolDN_400x400.jpg
5a8f37e87d1c9.image.jpg

It’s gonna be tough to get used to this. But these are the facts.

As for your concern with our team speed. Don’t worry. We recruited faster skill position players then Heupel did. By quite a large margin.

Look, Nebraska plays in the Big Ten. The most prestigious conference in football. When Frost has us winning 10-12 games a year we will be in the playoff picture. You didn’t even sniff a spot. Because you come from a conference no one watches.

Don’t be so tilted. Nebraska is going to be more then fine in a few years. UCF will fade away like the beautiful Oasis song suggests.

Look, Nebraska plays in the Big Ten. The most prestigious conference in football. When Frost has us winning 10-12 games a year we will be in the playoff picture. You didn’t even sniff a spot. Nebraska is going to be more then fine in a few years
Keep dreaming. You’re a bottom dweller in a conference that wasn’t even represented in the CFP last year and certainly isn’t the most prestigious conference in college football. Totally delusional. However, we destroyed Maryland at their place and you say it doesn’t mean anything. You do realize that they play in your “prestigious” Big-10. You make no sense.

Got to love how you’re translating and transferring all of Frost’s success at UCF to Nobraska. Your team has no heart. No Griffin. Just a bunch of fatass pussies. Can’t even finish offseason workouts without ending up in the ER. Your team doesn’t have our speed at all and won’t.

Keep recruiting your “skilled players” on offense and have fun giving up 50 points a game again all year. Also, the obsession is all on you. Come on over all night long. You’re so hooked.

Last edited:
Keep dreaming. You’re a bottom dweller in a conference that wasn’t even represented in the CFP last year and certainly isn’t the most prestigious conference in college football. Totally delusional. However, we destroyed Maryland at their place and you say it doesn’t mean anything. You do realize that they play in your “prestigious” Big-10. You make no sense.

Keep recruiting your “skilled players” on offense and have fun giving up 50 points a game again all year. Also, the obsession is all on you. Come on over all night long. You’re so hooked.
I know I get you unhinged and triggered when my post cause to to make multiple replies. It’s become a competition with myself to see just how many post I can get out of you during your incoherent tirade. Even Pepe would be proud.

We took one of the best coaches in the nation from you. We took one of the best strength and conditioning coaches from you.

UCF was purged and left with nothing. You were left with a staff no one else wanted.

Griffin was a DB before Frost took over. If Frost never took over the Disney UCF Knights Griffin is a nobody and UCF doesn’t sniff a a good season. I want you to pump that stuff up. It shows just how outstanding Frost did in his coaching at UCF.

Literally everything you discussed is praising the job of the coach that left you. So thank you for the generous comments of our coach. Really let’s us know just how good we have it now.

Yes, Frost night go 5-7. With our schedule I’d be ok with that. It would definitely mean Frost and his staff have come a long way from his 6-7 debut at UCF. I mean, even Saban didn’t do much better at Alabama in his first years.

I really appreciate your obsession and concern with our football team.

JzCHolDN_400x400.jpg
5a8f37e87d1c9.image.jpg

It’s gonna be tough to get used to this. But these are the facts.

As for your concern with our team speed. Don’t worry. We recruited faster skill position players then Heupel did. By quite a large margin.

Look, Nebraska plays in the Big Ten. The most prestigious conference in football. When Frost has us winning 10-12 games a year we will be in the playoff picture. You didn’t even sniff a spot. Because you come from a conference no one watches.

Don’t be so tilted. Nebraska is going to be more then fine in a few years. UCF will fade away like the beautiful Oasis song suggests.

Wrong.

I know I get you unhinged and triggered when my post cause to to make multiple replies. It’s become a competition with myself to see just how many post I can get out of you during your incoherent tirade. Even Pepe would be proud.

We took one of the best coaches in the nation from you. We took one of the best strength and conditioning coaches from you.

UCF was purged and left with nothing. You were left with a staff no one else wanted.
UCF will destroy Nobraska in 2018 and beyond. Additionally, we had to change much of the things that failed in the strength and conditioning program from last year this offseason, so good luck with that. Have fun with 5-7. Can’t wait for your meltdown which has started already. You’ve even started to see the light and accept it. Sad and pathetic. Another year of hell. Must be terrible for your football team to be so irrelevant year after year after year.

UCF will destroy Nobraska in 2018 and beyond. Additionally, we had to change much of the things that failed in the strength and conditioning program from last year this offseason, so good luck with that. Have fun with 5-7. Can’t wait for your meltdown which has started already. You’ve even started to see the light and accept it. Sad and pathetic. Another year of hell. Must be terrible for your football team to be so irrelevant year after year after year.
LOL you are so delusional it’s pathetic.

LOL you are so delusional it’s pathetic.
LOL. Is that all you got? Must be terrible to have your so prestigious football team go through this. It’s now to the point where you’re even admitting that 5-7 is a successful season. Geez.., another year of this?? When will it end? What if Frost fails? Then what? Wow.., the mighty have fallen. Will Troy bitch slap your pathetic team this year?? I almost feel bad for you. Not!!!

LOL. Is that all you got? Must be terrible to have your so prestigious football team go through this. It’s now to the point where you’re even admitting that 5-7 is a successful season. Geez.., another year of this?? When will it end? What if Frost fails? Then what? i almost feel bad for you. Not!!!
You didn’t say anything remotely coherent. What do you expect anyone to say to someone doesn’t live in reality?

You lost everything. Your program was gutted.

You didn’t say anything remotely coherent. What do you expect anyone to say to someone doesn’t live in reality?

You lost everything. Your program was gutted.
You’re such a moron. Gutted? We have most of our team retuning and you don’t even have a viable QB option. We are most likely going to double your win total. Maybe Frost the savior can suit up

XLthGc.png

Most of CJH recruits are lineman, we have a clown car full of skill position players as deep as you can only dream about!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT