ADVERTISEMENT

FSU fan here

There’s been minimal film I could find on how well KZ looks but this from Norvell recently is super encouraging:

“When it comes to timing rhythm and the things we ask them to do in the passing game as well, I’m excited about what I’ve seen — He’s been able to extend plays, he’s moving around in the pocket, out of the pocket. [I’m] excited about the flashes I’ve seen, extremely accurate with the ball when things do break down.”

Sounds like quintessential KZ to me. Exciting to hear, can’t wait to watch him again on Saturdays. FSU was my team growing up, still watch all their games. If he needed to go somewhere I’m glad it was FSU. Hope he balls, he deserves it...

I don’t think you can really evaluate QB play when it’s no contact. He got the QB hurt last year before season started because of letting QB get hit. Won’t happen this year.

Hello Knight fans

Great hire. Proven coach with experience that matters. It’s a crazy world when UCF has a better coach than FSU! Not trying to diss UCF ....kind of jealous actually

good luck
[/QUOTE... " It’s a crazy world when UCF has a better coach than FSU! " .....those days are over , welcome to the new normal....

I went to grad school at FSU. However, I bleed black and gold with a tinge of garnet . I so badly wanted KZ to be at UCF ,but I am happy he chose FSU. I hope to go see him play in Tallahassee this fall. if he is KZ FSU should be going bowling .

nothing to see here, just KZ being the best QB on the field
Kid really just has it

4:24, 4:50, 28:50

Watched the whole thing and none of the other QBs had throws anywhere close to KZ, all his drives seemed effortless. That other guy Jordan Travis is athletic though and seems to be the biggest competitor for Milton

Last edited:
Kid really just has it

Watched the whole thing and none of the other QBs had throws anywhere close to KZ, all his drives seemed effortless. That other guy Jordan Travis is athletic though and seems to be the biggest competitor for Milton
kid is going to turn into a movie if he balls for a 2nd FL Program

all this tells me is we need to keep the Hawaii pipeline going.

KZ showing how he’s one step ahead with knowing where to put the ball.

It’s hard to see him in another uniform but I’ll always cheer for him as a person to do well. Hopefully we find a way to get him back on our campus when his playing days (college and pro) are done.

Reactions: FoxKnight and Yaes
Kid really just has it

I watched the whole event also, KZ looked great. Couple “spring game sacks” just b/c he got one handed that looked like he was tucking it for big gains. I don’t get the competition after watching Jordan Travis QB. Rodemaker looks like he should have stayed committed to USF, he looks to be on level with their talent, he looked awful and scared.

When Jordan Travis was in it was super boring, seems to check the ball down every time. It was night and day watching the two, KZ just has the it factor.

I watched the whole event also, KZ looked great. Couple “spring game sacks” just b/c he got one handed that looked like he was tucking it for big gains. I don’t get the competition after watching Jordan Travis QB. Rodemaker looks like he should have stayed committed to USF, he looks to be on level with their talent, he looked awful and scared.

When Jordan Travis was in it was super boring, seems to check the ball down every time. It was night and day watching the two, KZ just has the it factor.
spot on. I say Jordan Travis because it was reported throughout spring practice that KZ has struggled more than Travis and Rodemaker with the new playbook only for him to come out and make them both look pedestrian. Even on twitter people are wondering if the reports were all lies. Some people are just ballers and show up when the lights are on, he's one of them.

KZ kind of hints at this in the post game interview saying it was good to be out there without a bunch of coaches behind him like in practice, just gets to go play

spot on. I say Jordan Travis because it was reported throughout spring practice that KZ has struggled more than Travis and Rodemaker with the new playbook only for him to come out and make them both look pedestrian. Even on twitter people are wondering if the reports were all lies. Some people are just ballers and show up when the lights are on, he's one of them.

KZ kind of hints at this in the post game interview saying it was good to be out there without a bunch of coaches behind him like in practice, just gets to go play
I am wondering if some of the practice reports was a little ‘old big 3’ snobbery bc KZ came from UCF.

It strengthens the argument of UCF’s run of QBs

Reactions: Knight Strength
For anyone who has big expectations for KZ, I’d lower them. Even if he starts week 1, if he struggles at all they will yank him. People point to Bridgewater and Alex Smith as success stories but Smith missed 10 games last year and just retired and Bridgewater has had issues staying on field as well and was traded to Broncos today. His days are numbered.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Just being on the field will be a success in my eyes. Really hoping he’s able to play at a high level. What I saw in the spring game, he seemed as good or better than the other QBs. I’ll just be praying every time he gets hit they don’t hurt him.

Just being on the field will be a success in my eyes. Really hoping he’s able to play at a high level. What I saw in the spring game, he seemed as good or better than the other QBs. I’ll just be praying every time he gets hit they don’t hurt him.
Smith and Bridgewater had moments too. It’s longevity they lack.

Both were injured as professionals, so it’s not an equal comparison. His collegiate career is just one more season.

Both were injured as professionals, so it’s not an equal comparison. His collegiate career is just one more season.
That’s where they were hurt and never were able to recover fully. Show me data on guys getting hurt like that in college and returning.

This is an freak injury and you want stats lol. All of these guys should have retired from sports after this injury imo.

Reactions: shacket
This is an freak injury and you want stats lol. All of these guys should have retired from sports after this injury imo.
Yes , which is why I’m telling people to lower expectations. A lot of people are expecting great things from him. A lot.

ADVERTISEMENT