ADVERTISEMENT

Future QB situation.

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
I was doing some thinking and realized that if Mack can throw for 3000-4000 yard next season (he has the offense and weapons), he can go pro. McKenzie can come back for the 2020 season, may not be as mobile but he should be able to throw for 3000 yards and have a chance to go pro. Whoever we recruit (or transfer in) will then be able to start the 2021 season. The next year could be life changing for DJ if he puts the work in!

I think it's an attractive landing spot for a highly touted high school QB considering the uncertainty. A high profile transfer with only one year of eligibility left probably wants more guaranteed starting role. I'd like to see 1 lesser known transfer with immediate eligibility and some experience at the collegiate level and 1 very promising high school QB. Let those two battle it out with Quadry for the backup spot assuming Mack continues to grow into this starting role.

No reason speculating if and when MM ever recovers and comes back. Right now we have one scholarship qb and a high school senior should jump at our opportunity

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Allegedly new coach is pulling out the stops to keep Jordan Travis from transferring.....Also since the Ole Miss OC announced he is leaving their 4 star QB commit is concerned and started following CJH on twitter who had recruited the kid while at Missouri. He is a stud from the same TX HS as Tyler Murray and will have a boat load of interest in the event he decommits......

Allegedly new coach is pulling out the stops to keep Jordan Travis from transferring.....Also since the Ole Miss OC announced he is leaving their 4 star QB commit is concerned and started following CJH on twitter who had recruited the kid while at Missouri. He is a stud from the same TX HS as Tyler Murray and will have a boat load of interest in the event he decommits......
Ole Miss QB would probably try to go to UNC first but if Heup likes him I'd welcome him here.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
I was doing some thinking and realized that if Mack can throw for 3000-4000 yard next season (he has the offense and weapons), he can go pro. McKenzie can come back for the 2020 season, may not be as mobile but he should be able to throw for 3000 yards and have a chance to go pro. Whoever we recruit (or transfer in) will then be able to start the 2021 season. The next year could be life changing for DJ if he puts the work in!
brought this up in the recruiting thread talking about QB recruiting concerns bc I think some fans forget that he is a Redshirt Freshman. Even if Mack turns into Cam Newton he could be 1 and done as a full season starter. The draft eligible QB class doesn't look very deep right now for next year & he doesn't have the size limitation.

No reason speculating if and when MM ever recovers and comes back. Right now we have one scholarship qb and a high school senior should jump at our opportunity
yeah reading up more on that injury and hearing Teddy Bridgewater's thoughts are sobering....UCF has to recruit under the assumption he never plays again. This is just my opinion but even if MM makes the comeback we all hope and wants to play Football again why play for free in college at that point? I think taking the CFL route for a year or 2 then go from there would be the smarter route when putting your body on the line.

Ya’ll should take a look at Tucker Gleason from Plant. He’s a 2020 class guy. He’s the one that beat out Charlie Dean. He is unrated right now and listed as pro style, but that is all based on his sophomore year at his original school. He threw for 2000 yards and ran for another 1000 yards this year. Crazy smart too. 4.0, super high SAT, taking Calculus B/C as a junior.

Reactions: Knight Strength
brought this up in the recruiting thread talking about QB recruiting concerns bc I think some fans forget that he is a Redshirt Freshman. Even if Mack turns into Cam Newton he could be 1 and done as a full season starter. The draft eligible QB class doesn't look very deep right now for next year & he doesn't have the size limitation.

He doesn't even have to be Cam Newton, just a solid year, maybe 2500+ yards and a 2/3-1 TD/INT ratio which is very doable in this offense.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT