ADVERTISEMENT

FYI: He Gone

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...caa-youtube-channel/y7jls3svctg91w01kp0bttys0

We're coming off of sanctions and the team isn't going to risk losing games because he wouldn't stop posting on Youtube.

He's gifted and can go and make family money if that's what he needs to do. Playing football at UCF wont be part of it. Hopefully, he has the accuracy to play pro ball with one of the leagues outside of the NFL. It's highly unlikely his next stop will be the NFL.

In this life, we don't get to make the rules and if we want change it doesn't come by breaking the rules and then calling yourself a victim. He's a good kid and if he presses his luck he wont like what happens.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...caa-youtube-channel/y7jls3svctg91w01kp0bttys0

We're coming off of sanctions and the team isn't going to risk losing games because he wouldn't stop posting on Youtube.

He's gifted and can go and make family money if that's what he needs to do. Playing football at UCF wont be part of it. Hopefully, he has the accuracy to play pro ball with one of the leagues outside of the NFL. It's highly unlikely his next stop will be the NFL.

In this life, we don't get to make the rules and if we want change it doesn't come by breaking the rules and then calling yourself a victim. He's a good kid and if he presses his luck he wont like what happens.
I love the last paragraph. Extremely well put. Too many people think breaking the rules doesnt apply if they dont like the rules. Not how life works.

Thank god that distraction is over. He wasn't worth the fight. Until they change the game to trick shots he has very little chance of getting accurate with a defense pressuring him.

Reactions: Miltonian
Thank god that distraction is over. He wasn't worth the fight. Until they change the game to trick shots he has very little chance of getting accurate with a defense pressuring him.

Uh yah right, until squads are returning the ball an average of 35 yds on us again due to weak leg. This sucks. No mistake.

I love the last paragraph. Extremely well put. Too many people think breaking the rules doesnt apply if they dont like the rules. Not how life works.
It's not that he is breaking the rules. It's that UCF cannot afford the risk that the NCAA might possibly interpret his actions as deserving of sanction. Even if that risk is only one-in-five, sadly it's not worth it for the program. It's the same for non-athletes or employees: the prof or college or boss gets to make and interpret the rules and subordinates can't risk being on the wrong end of capricious decisions.

Reactions: HammerB08
This "he gone" shit needs to stop. I know it's all the rage, but can we not speak proper English?
understand.jpg

The founding fathers of this nation broke rules to establish this country. Have you guys ever heard of the Boston Tea Party? It was against the law gentlemen, as were many other ensuing events in our history committed by those that we now call Patriots.

De La Haye stood up for what he believed in. He gave UCF great service and and energy, in games and online, that contributed to putting more fun and passion back into the program. I don't necessarily agree, or disagree, with his approach. But I surely will not disagree his right to take a peaceful stand. I wish him all the best.

Fortunately, like most UCF students, he's in-state (and we have among the lowest tuition in the nation -- less than one-quarter of what many Big Ten schools charge). The bad news is he lives way too far away to commute to UCF. Even if he tried to transfer (and lose credits and interrupt progress toward his degree), his home is over an hour's commute to FAU on I-95 (when the traffic isn't jammed up).

Fortunately, like most UCF students, he's in-state (and we have among the lowest tuition in the nation -- less than one-quarter of what many Big Ten schools charge). The bad news is he lives way too far away to commute to UCF. Even if he tried to transfer (and lose credits and interrupt progress toward his degree), his home is over an hour's commute to FAU on I-95 (when the traffic isn't jammed up).
Port St Lucie Right? About an hour and a half to UCF. Almost as close to FAU if that's where he's transferring to. I saw his latest video. He had 16 pairs of shoes and like 10 hats hanging in wall as well as wearing a nice watch. He seems to have a lot of disposable income that most college kids don't have. He either is well off or he's making more money off of YouTube than previously reported.

Port St Lucie Right? About an hour and a half to UCF. Almost as close to FAU if that's where he's transferring to. I saw his latest video. He had 16 pairs of shoes and like 10 hats hanging in wall as well as wearing a nice watch. He seems to have a lot of disposable income that most college kids don't have. He either is well off or he's making more money off of YouTube than previously reported.
But that's got him in trouble, perhaps, with UCF. And you're not allowed to sell these or violate other NCAA rules!

But that's got him in trouble, perhaps, with UCF. And you're not allowed to sell these or violate other NCAA rules!
Sell what? Just pointing out he's not a struggling college student. He doesn't need to sell anything.

Someone featured an athlete who was given all that type of stuff and couldn't sell any of it. That made me think of this case. I could be wrong.

Someone featured an athlete who was given all that type of stuff and couldn't sell any of it. That made me think of this case. I could be wrong.
Ohio State guys got into trouble for doing it. I'm willing to bet it happens all the time though.

Judge for yourself. Looks like some UCF stuff and stuff you would buy at a store.

Not to mention the 20 pairs of shoes, always new clothes, hats, etc. Theres a difference between struggling and how this kid looks to be doing. If he was actually struggling, he wouldnt have 20 pairs of 50-100 dollar shoes. Couldve fed his entire family for months with that.

Not to mention the 20 pairs of shoes, always new clothes, hats, etc. Theres a difference between struggling and how this kid looks to be doing. If he was actually struggling, he wouldnt have 20 pairs of 50-100 dollar shoes. Couldve fed his entire family for months with that.
Or he collected the shoes... over years.... like most college kids do... the 4x4 room definitely shows he's living a lavish life. That was just a pretty dense statement you made lol

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Or he collected the shoes... over years.... like most college kids do... the 4x4 room definitely shows he's living a lavish life. That was just a pretty dense statement you made lol
Not really, only about 2-3 pairs of those shoes look old at all, most are relatively recent nikes from what i can see. Not a dense statement, its actually a calculated statement based on the available information. Nike doesnt sell any of those shoes for less that 50 bucks.
And if youre "struggling" you dont buy excess (aka shoes, hats, clothes). All im saying is hes probably exaggerating his circumstance a little bit there. If he really had it "that bad", he wouldnt be wasting money on crap like that, rather using it for necessities.
Sorry if simple economics is too "dense" for you.

Not really, only about 2-3 pairs of those shoes look old at all, most are relatively recent nikes from what i can see. Not a dense statement, its actually a calculated statement based on the available information. Nike doesnt sell any of those shoes for less that 50 bucks.
And if youre "struggling" you dont buy excess (aka shoes, hats, clothes). All im saying is hes probably exaggerating his circumstance a little bit there. If he really had it "that bad", he wouldnt be wasting money on crap like that, rather using it for necessities.
Sorry if simple economics is too "dense" for you.
A video is enough information to make a logical economic statement? Yup, still too dense. In no way is that enough information to create an enormous assumption like that, not a coherent one at least.

A video is enough information to make a logical economic statement? Yup, still too dense. In no way is that enough information to create an enormous assumption like that, not a coherent one at least.
Gotta love the fact people cant take evidence right in front of their face.....

ADVERTISEMENT