ADVERTISEMENT

Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Check this out. I remember the hilarious disaster tweets and photos but the documentary really captures what a total scam artist debacle this was and how nuts this ended up being

It brought the lulz when the consultant was emailing organizers telling them to cancel people before they came and they replied by saying he was the Yoga Guru for the event :joy:

Or the guy ready to give head for water. What a disaster.

Check this out. I remember the hilarious disaster tweets and photos but the documentary really captures what a total scam artist debacle this was and how nuts this ended up being

It brought the lulz when the consultant was emailing organizers telling them to cancel people before they came and they replied by saying he was the Yoga Guru for the event :joy:

There's one on Hulu too - which actually has him being interviewed. Both are good - slightly different takes on the whole fiasco.

It's amazing and cringey at the same time.

There's one on Hulu too - which actually has him being interviewed. Both are good - slightly different takes on the whole fiasco.

The guy got paid for the Hulu documentary. Unreal

Strangely I would pay $10k going to that event even what we know today. Cult classic type of festival.

Have you seen both? Is there any reason to watch the Hulu one if I've just seen the Netflix one?

Have you seen both? Is there any reason to watch the Hulu one if I've just seen the Netflix one?

I have. He’s actually interviewed in the Hulu one...which is interesting. It’s just a slightly different take.

I enjoyed it, couldn’t believe he started that other scam while out on Bail
After reading this thread, I got curious and watched the Netflix doc last night. It was like watching Titanic...you found yourself mezmerized watching this clusterfu*k of a festival as it headed straight for the iceburg.

Anyone with ANY experience with event planning even on a small scale could have predicted this fiasco early on. The notion you could somehow plan for all the logistics for this many people in a couple of months was mindboggling on its own right.

It's also a case study in the power of a charismatic leader. Everybody involved with the festival could see it was headed to the dumpster but it sure sounded like the staff stayed loyal and stuck around to the bitter end.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT