ADVERTISEMENT

Gabriel is BAD

At least twice he could have taken off and easily gotten the first. KZ definitely wouldn’t have hesitated!

In all Gabriel’s losses once the D figures out his four throws he’s done. And everyone knows it in the second quarter.

Reactions: ucffan642
That team had less surrounding talent
That's debatable. 2016 was more talented but less experienced than the 2019 roster, along with trying to implement entirely different offensive and defensive schemes. 7 of those guys made NFL rosters after 2017. I only see 1-2 guys from this years squad making NFL rosters.

I don’t see how anyone can say DG is bad. Inconsistent at times, sure - but, when given time, he’s outstanding. And he’s stood in the pocket many, many times and taken big hits to deliver the ball. The kid is fearless.

Being able to develop the ability to improvise will ultimately determine the trajectory of his career.

This season is rough and we all get that. DG made NFL type throws today. N F L throws. That’s impressive and bolds well for the future. He made mistakes and so did the O line for a lot of the night. This wasn’t just a DG problem. It’s for sure hard to take after these last two years but for me, once a NY6 was out of the question the goal is 10 wins. Still possible and would be three years in a row with 10+ wins.

I'm in my 50's and I've watched a lot of NFL Hall of Fame QB's make bad decisions and throw INT's when under constant duress. QB is not this teams problem, unless you are blaming him for not personally kicking the asses of every one of our players that get flagged for lack of discipline penalties or not knowing their gap assignments on the lines.

That experience fact that Wimbush talked about. its real.

The coaching staff committed to the passing game more than the running game this season. Especially the long ball which is fun to watch but not as consistent as short to medium range passes. I would have used Wimbush and Mack more this season and given DG more plays off to access the game from the sidelines so he could gain his composure and learn by watching. We have great running backs and tight ends that are not used enough.

Reactions: lawknight
Too many UCF fans are entitled brats. A lot of them are well over 30. I don’t get it. He’s better than any other Freshman QB in our history. Culpepper was 6’3” 230 and playing La Lafayette and didn’t put up numbers like DG. Again people are complaining about a QB that throws for 290 yards and a TD. Granted the Ints hurt but the no call on targeting and Killins fumble hurt us just as much. Not to mention AK fair catch on 10 yard line with no one within 10 yards of him was a dumb decision. They were daring him to return it and he pussed out. We had 3 running TDS also. That should win us games. Especially against Tulsa, even more so with their backup QB.

All three losses could have been won if Gabriel could put together ONE drive late in the fourth. Many with multiple chances at it like last night. And he did nothing. He may be great eventually. But he’s not now.

Reactions: PewPew-n-CrossFit
Dillion Gabriel has a huge future. However, it’s not his fault the coach can’t put Mack in for a series and pull Gabriel aside and calm him down. Heup needs to give Mack an opportunity when Gabriel is struggling. I don’t think any of the loses are on Gabriel. I think we were out coached and I don’t understand why he leaves Gabriel on the field. He has a championship winning quarterback on the bench, why not use him?? I’m baffled at the stubbornness.

I agree with the wolves comment. It seems to be we win and lose by Gabriel. I find it to be a strange coaching strategy with all the surrounding talent.
Not much of a strategy. 2 plays. That's it no more. It's like wtf is this guy doing? This isnt one game, its every game (with the exception he did show a few moves against Temple and Houston), but by a very large majority he's not budging on anything and goes right back to the same old.

I'm honestly shocked that some of you haven't already died from asphyxiation because you forgot how to breathe. Dillon is the best true freshman QB in FBS this year, and it isn't even close.
I am quite impressed with DG's play at UCF, and I am thrilled to have him. His deep throws are amazing. He has things to develop, and I am confident he has the potential and ability to do so. (Now, does he have the right coaching?)

However, I think Kedon Slovis is every bit as good as DG.

Reactions: ahabmw
I am quite impressed with DG's play at UCF, and I am thrilled to have him. His deep throws are amazing. He has things to develop, and I am confident he has the potential and ability to do so. (Now, does he have the right coaching?)

However, I think Kedon Slovis is every bit as good as DG.
They were ranked nearly identically out of high school by rivals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT