ADVERTISEMENT

Game by Game Result Predictions for 2024 Central Florida football season

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022

What The Fuck GIF

UCF 6-6???

Author: Rodney Knuppel​

Rodney Knuppel is a life long basketball fan at all levels of the game. He has been involved with the game from a young age, from playing, to coaching, to scouting, to researching and writing. He is a diehard Kansas Basketball fan that thinks he is going to win the NCAA Tournament bracket contests every year, and never has.

Oh I Get It Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I’ve never in my life said Central Florida. I could see if there were multiple UCF schools and you need to differentiate. But we are the only major school with those initials.

Basically, UCF is being overlooked this preseason. AP/Coach poll, ESPN, even our local media darlings are overlooking UCF.

All the national media have to go on is that out of the new schools last year UCF was the only one that made a bowl game.

And, in actuality, we don't know how well or not the other Big12 schools have improved.

Whatever. It's all going to be worked out on the playing field soon enough. All this is speculation at this point.

Go Knights!

Basically, UCF is being overlooked this preseason. AP/Coach poll, ESPN, even our local media darlings are overlooking UCF.

All the national media have to go on is that out of the new schools last year UCF was the only one that made a bowl game.

And, in actuality, we don't know how well or not the other Big12 schools have improved.

Whatever. It's all going to be worked out on the playing field soon enough. All this is speculation at this point.

Go Knights!
Has the team shown any reason not to be overlooked? End of last season the team had no business being in polls, and its a lot of unknowns to start this season.

Gwoz,

The only thing I agree with you in that statement is 'end of last season polls'.

What unknowns? We know Qb1, RB1, WR1, offense line #1 gonna be. We know Defense will be improved. Have you seen the linebackers we got now? DBs? Oline will be better. Experienced Coaching staff. Reasons not to be overlooked? We got coaches that have won national championships in the past and UCF is going to be pretty good this year. The reason being overlooked is not on this end. It's on the sport's writers and overall media that tends to 'overlook' teams that may not generate the preseason click bait articles.

FSU gets all this coverage and they are basically a new team this year and vastly different than 2023. Why they getting top polling votes? 'Cause it's FSU. But, the end of the season and how they got spanked in the bowl game there should be no reason they are ranked. Lots of unknowns with FSU this year as well!

Little Ole UCF, I guess, is still a pre-season sleeping giant and are vastly being overlooked.

In my opinion of course. I always got the Black-n-Gold goggles on super tight this time of year. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Robert0122
Gwoz,

The only thing I agree with you in that statement is 'end of last season polls'.

What unknowns? We know Qb1, RB1, WR1, offense line #1 gonna be. We know Defense will be improved. Have you seen the linebackers we got now? DBs? Oline will be better. Experienced Coaching staff. Reasons not to be overlooked? We got coaches that have won national championships in the past and UCF is going to be pretty good this year. The reason being overlooked is not on this end. It's on the sport's writers and overall media that tends to 'overlook' teams that may not generate the preseason click bait articles.

FSU gets all this coverage and they are basically a new team this year and vastly different than 2023. Why they getting top polling votes? 'Cause it's FSU. But, the end of the season and how they got spanked in the bowl game there should be no reason they are ranked. Lots of unknowns with FSU this year as well!

Little Ole UCF, I guess, is still a pre-season sleeping giant and are vastly being overlooked.

In my opinion of course. I always got the Black-n-Gold goggles on super tight this time of year. :p
Look up KJ Jefferson’s stats from last year and you can either say it’s an unknown or he isn’t good and that’s known. 2000 yards passing isnt great.

I don't know or care too much about arkansas football but a quick google search found they fired their OC midseason. I read in other articles that Ark OL was riddled with injuries. Curious enough Bobby Petrino is being let back into Arkansas this year. I guess we just forget about him sleeping with a student in the past. Remember all that crap?

2023 Arkansas "Dan Enos was fired as offensive coordinator after the 8th game of the season."

I haven't researched it but didn't KJ break all of Arkansas Qb records as a 3 year starter? A 5th year senior with SEC experience with comparisons to Cam Newton (Gus-Speak). You would think that would spark some interest in the polsters.

It's silly season right now though. I'm drinking the Gus Kool-aid until the first KJ Jefferson interception or fumble. Then it's to boo'in and calling for the backup Qb. :p :p :p

Go Knights!

Reactions: Robert0122
Gwoz,

No, we don’t know the defense will be improved until we actually see it. I mean, I agree with you in the sense that the defense can’t be any worse than it was last year.

And we don’t know the offensive line will be better. The two anchors of the offensive line over the last couple of seasons (L. Pauole and T. Grable) have moved on. A lot of guys on the roster who could be good sure, but not a strength of the roster right now (in my opinion).

For me, it’s just - less talk, more results. I could care less about “being the future of college football”, or who in the media is ignoring/overlooking us. Win more games, get back to being more dominant at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT