ADVERTISEMENT

Gaturds never change!

Shark59

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 21, 2016
Venice, Fl
Per Brandon Helwig:

UF AD Scott Stricklin, who last December took some scheduling-related shots directed at UCF and Danny White, recently bragged about a football series in the works. It's Colorado, one of the worst teams for more than a decade. They've made one bowl game since 2008

Future awaits...

1f40a.svg

- Sept. 9, 2028 in Gainesville

1f403.svg

- Sept. 8, 2029 in Boulder Details: (link: http://bit.ly/2vO6E2B) bit.ly/2vO6E2B

PhVyJLsf_normal.jpg

Reactions: Knight Strength
For me, this story died a long time ago.

The original beef boiled down to the fact that no deal would be optimal for both universities.

Now, of course Colorado is terrible and it's a joke to brag about scheduling them as if they're a tough opponent, but CO is on the other side of the country which makes this a great deal for UF to project it's brand and recruiting interests.

I have to acknowledge though it's still funny to crap on UF football and I'm glad Brandon got a jab in.

Reactions: Shark59
NBCSports:

“Well it appears that Florida is actually going to leave the Sunshine State to play football in a non-conference game.

The Gators announced on Wednesday that they have put pen to paper on a home-and-home series with Colorado far off into the future. The Buffaloes will head to Gainesville on Sept. 9, 2028 while the return date in Boulder falls on Sept. 8, 2029.

It’s that latter trip that is garnering the most attention for UF fans and others. The school has rather famously been averse to leaving the cozy confines of the state and the visit to Colorado will actually mark the first time Florida has left for a true non-conference road game (i.e. non-bowl game or neutral site) since losing at Syracuse in 1991.

UCF played more non-conference road games (2) in 2016 and 2017 than UF has in the last 28 years!!! At least one/season is scheduled every year.

Last edited:
UCF played more non-conference road games (2) in 2016 and 2017 than UF has in the last 28 years!!! At least one/season is scheduled every year.
They play non-conference road games at FSU every other year.

“The school has rather famously been averse to leaving the cozy confines of the state and the visit to Colorado will actually mark the first time Florida has left for a true non-conference road game (i.e. non-bowl game or neutral site) since losing at Syracuse in 1991.”

Haven’t played an out of conference game outside of Florida since 1991. What are they afraid of? They are the mighty Gaturds of the undefeatable SEC! Now they’re finally going to leave Fl for Colorado? At least UGA’s got the cajones to do a 1-1 with OK and Bama with USC in Texas and another with OK.

Last edited:
Lots of transfers out of UF right now too. UF Twitter is blowing up with “not good” “what’s happening?!?”

Should be an interesting few days.

Lots of transfers out of UF right now too. UF Twitter is blowing up with “not good” “what’s happening?!?”

Should be an interesting few days.

One was their early enrollee freshman QB who was accused of rape. The others are probably Mullen trying to get his players playing earlier. After last year he has a little bit of space to bring his own guys in even if it means going 6-6.

One of their transfers was their top recruit last year. Look for inallkindsodweather on twitter as the info is interesting.

2019 5* DB projected to start asked to not room with that qb anymore because of the assault stuff and UF wouldn’t move him till the summer. He said peace which I can’t blame him if that dude was messing up that much.

Another recruit from this class just “reopened his commitment”

One of their transfers was their top recruit last year. Look for inallkindsodweather on twitter as the info is interesting.

2019 5* DB projected to start asked to not room with that qb anymore because of the assault stuff and UF wouldn’t move him till the summer. He said peace which I can’t blame him if that dude was messing up that much.

Another recruit from this class just “reopened his commitment”

Any want to stay in FL looking for a quality program full of (mostly) good guys?

ADVERTISEMENT