ADVERTISEMENT

Geez, the hate for us is really showing

Willie Knightime

Bronze Knight
Aug 8, 2009
All of the people on Twitter letting it out are making me cringe. So many people have been waiting for us to lose. Wish we could've pulled it out guys cause this really sucks.

Reactions: Endeavor.
We are the villains of the CFB world. It is what it is. A loss was bound to happen. It was one point on a 4th down play. I just hope the team learns froM this feeling. I already feel bad for the whooping UConn is about to receive.

had to limit the mentions but yeah it's brutal. They despise UCF

but when you have a 'UCF Twitter Mafia' that whine everyday about respect and rankings + an Athletic Director that joins in this is going to be the reaction.

Maybe if your fans didn't act like faux college football royalty and your administration didn't claim mythical national championships, you wouldn't be so hated. This is what unjustified arrogance gets.

All of the people on Twitter letting it out are making me cringe. So many people have been waiting for us to lose. Wish we could've pulled it out guys cause this really sucks.

Let them have this moment come next week they won’t care. They waited 29 games. Just keep winning.

Maybe if your fans didn't act like faux college football royalty and your administration didn't claim mythical national championships, you wouldn't be so hated. This is what unjustified arrogance gets.

Damn man, when I'm 60+ years old, I hope I have something better to do than troll an opponent's message boards at 6am in the morning. Find a life in your golden years, they won't last long.

tenor.gif

What a time to be alive.

tenor.gif

What a time to be alive.

Is this what you are doing watching the sh!tshow that the Bools put on every Saturday? Is the FireCoachCharlieStrong.com website up yet? It's pretty bad when the Tampa media has nothing to talk about so they cover UCF. Yes, what a time to be alive. It's been a fantastic time to have UCF season tickets! How about you? Great time to have Bools season tickets?

#BullsPeedAhead.

[roll]

So no one in the P5 has unjustified arrogance? Takes one to know one.....

I casually rooted for UCF in the past. I hated USF when they'd play Pitt, so it felt natural. Cool uniforms, I enjoy an underdog story, you make a fair point about how most P5 teams won't play you, George O'Leary was cool, love Blake Bortles (love The Good Place.)

But you guys lost me with the claimed national title. That was a dumb stunt. Since the AP poll then BCS and CFP began, it's clear what almost everyone recognizes as the national champions. I think you'd likely go after a full season like 10-3 from the ACC or 9-4 in the SEC, which is very good! -- but no one outside of your campus really thinks your program is a national title level one.

Anyway hope those of you who came to Pittsburgh enjoyed the city, we like to think it's a nice town (it is.)

I casually rooted for UCF in the past. I hated USF when they'd play Pitt, so it felt natural. Cool uniforms, I enjoy an underdog story, you make a fair point about how most P5 teams won't play you, George O'Leary was cool, love Blake Bortles (love The Good Place.)

But you guys lost me with the claimed national title. That was a dumb stunt. Since the AP poll then BCS and CFP began, it's clear what almost everyone recognizes as the national champions. I think you'd likely go after a full season like 10-3 from the ACC or 9-4 in the SEC, which is very good! -- but no one outside of your campus really thinks your program is a national title level one.

Anyway hope those of you who came to Pittsburgh enjoyed the city, we like to think it's a nice town (it is.)

Why would you have an issue with our national championship claim when Alabama didn’t even win their own division, lost to Auburn who we beat and then got a free pass into the 4 team invitational? If anything, you should take issue with that. The 2017 UCF team also had 7 players go on NFL rosters. I think we’d have beaten Alabama.*

Why do you all care so much? "Almost everyone..." means that even still there have been split titles in the AP and BCS eras. I mean honestly, how many fooking programs claim titles? A whole host of them. Just because we are doing it and shedding light on a flawed system, the only in all of American sports that is not decided in a true playoff format, is everyone up in arms.

As controversial as it may be, and I don't minimize it especially as a black American man, but it does draw comparisons to black Americans trying to tackle the Jim Crow south. A system that doesn't make sense at all, but those in power back it because it is convenient for them. Well fook that, speak truth to power.

Yeah, wait until your team goes undefeated and beat the team that beats both teams in the College Football Invitational. I fully support the 2017 National Championship claim. I'm glad we pushed that narrative. Sorry you don't. Go back and look at past college football history. Many teams have claimed NC's in the past AND to this day have banners and in their history books. A quick google search shows Pitt claims 9 National Championships. One based on a Sports Illustrated article. How dare they. :p

Omg sorry we hurt your feeling so muchhhhhh by ruining something so sacred that year. Sorrrrryyyyyyyy omg so sorryyyyyy

For 2017 see NCAA record book page 115. Beating 4 teams that finished the season ranked (Memphis twice). 13-0. Legit. 7 guys that graduated or left that year made NFL rosters. Legit.

Don't blame us for the NCAA not sanctioning a real playoff......like every other college sport. Don't blame us for your programs not winning. Don't blame us for so many teams beating their chest and saying they are a P5 program, collecting a paycheck and then whine when you can never find ways to dethrone the real Power 7 programs that dominate your conferences: Bama, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

Name me another team in 150 years of college football where a team went 13-0, then 100% of the staff was poached, a new staff came in and the team managed to go 12-1, all while losing their Heisman-level QB late in the season, still winning another conference title championship game and losing a highly competitive game in a NY6 Bowl?

The answer: None.....ever.

In fact, the best effort since 1990 (which I call the modern era of college football) for a team being undefeated and losing the coach was a 7-5 Utah team. They promoted Wittingham so there was continuity in the staff.

What is arrogant about winning 25 games in a row? We played games and won them. Easy games, tough games, road games, home games, two conference title games and a NY6 bowl game. If it's so easy how come only 5 other teams in the modern era of football have a better win streak (Miami (twice), Bama, FSU, and Nebraska).

Clemson lost to an 8-5 Pitt team in 2016 and they won a Natty that year. Does that mean Clemson is arrogant and didn't deserve it? That it doesn't count? No way. They won other games that matter.

Since 1990, Pitt has one season with at least 10 wins. Apparently, winning games is tough.

Yeah, wait until your team goes undefeated and beat the team that beats both teams in the College Football Invitational. I fully support the 2017 National Championship claim. I'm glad we pushed that narrative. Sorry you don't. Go back and look at past college football history. Many teams have claimed NC's in the past AND to this day have banners and in their history books. A quick google search shows Pitt claims 9 National Championships. One based on a Sports Illustrated article. How dare they. :p

Pitt hasn't claimed any national titles since the AP poll era began except when they were picked #1 in that poll. And now we have a CFP system. Something like 7 or 8 minor selectors picked Pitt as #1 in 1980 (and I believe a few in 1979 and 81 as well) but the University doesn't claim those because it'd be pretty absurd.

If you guys like being villains, cool! Go for it, be like the Oakland Raiders. But people will continue to root against you for the more outlandish stuff so don't get a thin skin about it.

Reactions: Floriduhh
I don't really pull for other teams other than UCF. So you not pulling for us really doesn't matter to me.

"The nine national championships claimed by Pitt are presented in their annual football media guide."

I can guarantee you next time PItt loses I WILL NOT be on your forum and saying I hate you for claiming mythical NC's.

But more power to ya. Congrats on the win. It was a great game. I hope Pitt schedules UCF again.

In 2017 that team could beat anybody (and did). 7 guys made NFL rosters. We played 4 teams that finished in the top 25. Got no problem claiming a Natty. It's no stunt. Here's a stunt. The NCAA allowing college football to be hijacked by the CFI. Tell the NCAA that allowing the powers that be to create an inbred invitational system where 13 people sitting in a room, that never have to explain their decisions, get to decide who is deserving and who isn't is a farce. The BCS was a better system. All they had to do was expand that to 4 teams but that would have meant "outsiders" like Boise State, TCU, Cincy, etc... would have qualified and they wanted to tweak the system so that "issue" could no longer happen.

It's completely Unamerican and flies in the face of every other college and pro sport. We deserve better as fans. The kids playing the game most importantly deserve the chance. If you're not the best....then you lose but at least they settle it on the field.

Since 1990, Pitt has one season with at least 10 wins. Apparently, winning games is tough.

Yes, it's very tough. During that time we've had Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, Shady McCoy, Darelle Revis, Curtis Martin, Sean Gilbert and many others and havent been able to contend with the big programs for any sustained period. Maybe that's a lesson.

You had a team where seven players left in a year for the NFL. Ok That is exactly my point. Pitt had had that twice since 2011, and finished those years around 8-5. That's what it looks like when you play eight power five conference games then rotate through Notre Dame as a mandatory ninth and sometimes have Penn State as a tenth and UCF as a quasi 11th (last year) or 10th (this year.) Our other series were Oklahoma State going back two years and Tennessee, Wisconsin, and WVU going forward. That's just not comparable to playing Temple or a "good" Memphis team.

If you really think you'd go 12-0 with Pitt's schedule any of these last three years when you've been admittedly very good (that's what it'd take to get to the CFP most likely for anyone but Bama and Clemson), God bless you.

Reactions: USNHusker

Yes, it's very tough. During that time we've had Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, Shady McCoy, Darelle Revis, Curtis Martin, Sean Gilbert and many others and havent been able to contend with the big programs for any sustained period. Maybe that's a lesson.

You had a team where seven players left in a year for the NFL. Ok That is exactly my point. Pitt had had that twice since 2011, and finished those years around 8-5. That's what it looks like when you play eight power five conference games then rotate through Notre Dame as a mandatory ninth and sometimes have Penn State as a tenth and UCF as a quasi 11th (last year) or 10th (this year.) Our other series were Oklahoma State going back two years and Tennessee, Wisconsin, and WVU going forward. That's just not comparable to playing Temple or a "good" Memphis team.

If you really think you'd go 12-0 with Pitt's schedule any of these last three years when you've been admittedly very good (that's what it'd take to get to the CFP most likely for anyone but Bama and Clemson), God bless you.
Yawn. We'd get more money and even better recruits (on paper) if we're in the ACC. That means our talent and depth gets even better. Clemson, VaTech and FSU have figured out how to dominate that conference since it implemented a conference title game in 2005 (Wake and GaTech are the only other teams to win it). No reason another team like ours, in arguably the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, can not do the same.

It's not about being undefeated. It's about winning games that matter. It's about winning conference titles, which leads to other things. In our current position, we have to be undefeated. Not just for one season....not just for 2 seasons but apparently it must be at least 3 (and if we had done that there would be another excuse used to exclude us). That's the unrealistic bar that has been lumped on us from the outside. Btw, only one team since 1990 has managed to go undefeated in back-to-back seasons (Nebraska). Only 5 teams have ever made it to the bowl game of year 2 to even have the opportunity. That's over 3,000 seasons of football and only 10 seasons providing that opportunity, or less than .3% If we're in a different conference we'll get the benefit of being allowed to have losses and still be considered elite.

Last edited:

Good point, however, if we had the all of the corresponding advantages in Recruiting as an A5 member, money, facilities etc.. we would be competing for conference championships, etc... in short order. You can’t point out the difficulty of the schedule without allowing us to compete on a level playing field.
UCF is all in for football

Good point, however, if we had the all of the corresponding advantages in Recruiting as an A5 member, money, facilities etc.. we would be competing for conference championships, etc... in short order. You can’t point out the difficulty of the schedule without allowing us to compete on a level playing field.
UCF is all in for football

Totally agree, and I hope you get in a major conference

Reactions: Knight_Fyre
Just wanted to do a quick bop in and say hi. Hope all is well. Hold your head up high,Pitt is a very very good team they could very well get to bowl game this year.
After all they only lost to #21 Virgina by 16 and number #13 Penn St by 7. Plus they beat Miami (Ohio) by 10. That is a quality win right there. Pitt had to do some crazy voodoo magic to win that game. Those sneaky sneaks. You guys deserved that win and probably should just declare yourself the winners and continue on with your undefeated season. After all you did have to play 2 P5 teams in back 2 back weeks and that is really really hard to do.
Anyways good luck the rest of the year and if you get another loss or 2 just remember the rest of the college football world is cheering for you and you can always look back at your pretend NC to hold your spirits up. [thumb2]:pray:

For 2017 see NCAA record book page 115. Beating 4 teams that finished the season ranked (Memphis twice). 13-0. Legit. 7 guys that graduated or left that year made NFL rosters. Legit.

Don't blame us for the NCAA not sanctioning a real playoff......like every other college sport. Don't blame us for your programs not winning. Don't blame us for so many teams beating their chest and saying they are a P5 program, collecting a paycheck and then whine when you can never find ways to dethrone the real Power 7 programs that dominate your conferences: Bama, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

Name me another team in 150 years of college football where a team went 13-0, then 100% of the staff was poached, a new staff came in and the team managed to go 12-1, all while losing their Heisman-level QB late in the season, still winning another conference title championship game and losing a highly competitive game in a NY6 Bowl?

The answer: None.....ever.

In fact, the best effort since 1990 (which I call the modern era of college football) for a team being undefeated and losing the coach was a 7-5 Utah team. They promoted Wittingham so there was continuity in the staff.

What is arrogant about winning 25 games in a row? We played games and won them. Easy games, tough games, road games, home games, two conference title games and a NY6 bowl game. If it's so easy how come only 5 other teams in the modern era of football have a better win streak (Miami (twice), Bama, FSU, and Nebraska).

Clemson lost to an 8-5 Pitt team in 2016 and they won a Natty that year. Does that mean Clemson is arrogant and didn't deserve it? That it doesn't count? No way. They won other games that matter.

I don't think anyone is suggesting UCF isn't good and wasn't good in 2017. They proclaimed themselves National Champs with rings and everything. Honestly, don't you expect some blow back from nonsense like that?

Yes, winning is very tough. As far as whether UCF would have gone 12-0 with Pitt’s schedule, we will never know...and that’s the point.

-the second largest university in the country
-with a commitment to football
-was in a major conference until it folded
-has no shot due to the anti-competitive actions of the system and other schools

Thus the chip on its shoulder. But UCF is the “bad guy”. Stranger than fiction.

I think you nailed it. UCF is a fun team to watch. I have always pulled for them, but that National Title stunt was lame, just as lame as some of Alabama's claimed national titles. We have a system in place. It may not be the best and many may disagree with it, but all teams are governed by it.

When the final second clicked off yesterday, my immediate thought was, "they can just claim this as a win and remain undefeated." I bet I wasn't the only one to think that, and it's unfortunate.

I don't think anyone is suggesting UCF isn't good and wasn't good in 2017. They proclaimed themselves National Champs with rings and everything. Honestly, don't you expect some blow back from nonsense like that?

To be specific, UCF was the Colley Matrix’s national champ. Bama was the CFP national champ. The NCAA doesn’t award a football national champ, they recognize both. You may not like it but those are the facts. It’s okay if you don’t agree with it but it is factually correct.

Just wanted to do a quick bop in and say hi. Hope all is well. Hold your head up high,Pitt is a very very good team they could very well get to bowl game this year.
After all they only lost to #21 Virgina by 16 and number #13 Penn St by 7. Plus they beat Miami (Ohio) by 10. That is a quality win right there. Pitt had to do some crazy voodoo magic to win that game. Those sneaky sneaks. You guys deserved that win and probably should just declare yourself the winners and continue on with your undefeated season. After all you did have to play 2 P5 teams in back 2 back weeks and that is really really hard to do.
Anyways good luck the rest of the year and if you get another loss or 2 just remember the rest of the college football world is cheering for you and you can always look back at your pretend NC to hold your spirits up. [thumb2]:pray:
Didn’t we already declare you the biggest cocksucker on rivals boards?

Now you’re coming back for extras? Damn you have talent. How many can you hold in 1 mouth?

Probably about 20 of your own including your sister‘s

I'm not that concerned about the reactions. We had the choice to be BSU-style lapdogs or the CFB heels. I don't regret the choice. Poor Boise is still waiting to see if their friend-zone approach will pay off.

People are mocking us. For what? For a massive and historic win streak being over? I can't really be shamed for rooting for a successful program. Our streak is in the record books. Our "mythical" national championship is too. Our program looks better than it ever has.

Sticks and stones, y'all. I'm feeling pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT