ADVERTISEMENT

Geez, the hate for us is really showing

I'm not that concerned about the reactions. We had the choice to be BSU-style lapdogs or the CFB heels. I don't regret the choice. Poor Boise is still waiting to see if their friend-zone approach will pay off.

People are mocking us. For what? For a massive and historic win streak being over? I can't really be shamed for rooting for a successful program. Our streak is in the record books. Our "mythical" national championship is too. Our program looks better than it ever has.

Sticks and stones, y'all. I'm feeling pretty good.

As good as one can after a loss. I’m with you.

I don't think anyone is suggesting UCF isn't good and wasn't good in 2017. They proclaimed themselves National Champs with rings and everything. Honestly, don't you expect some blow back from nonsense like that?
Haters are going to hate. I don't really care what others think and am not going to go on social media (and never have) and try to win a perception battle that is already settled in the minds of most. I relish the arguments because eventually people have to start digging into the reality of facts and numbers and polls and how biased and slanted the FBS system is. What's sad is most of all the P5 programs are simply happy to sit back and collect paychecks riding on the coattails of 10-15 teams. They have no real aspirations to win. Because they get their conference welfare checks for being average at best, I guess they are happy. That's an awfully low bar that many programs have seem to become resigned to. We have set our bar high.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
What an amazing run to get to this point in the national spotlight. The reason everyone hates us is because the national media is showing us so much love, while their crappy programs better years are behind them.

We are the up and comers, the fresh brand. For the programs like Pitt where the brand has become stale and is seeing attrition, it's a tough sell. We might get to that point of 'maturity' some day too.

But I love being the up and comer and the little engine that could. I mean, this is our identity. For the players, the coaches, the fans, and the school itself.

And that's UCF's story , and the national media will not abandon us because of one loss. Because at the end of the day, the entire NCAAF brand has started getting stale. They need our story as much as we need them.

I think you nailed it. UCF is a fun team to watch. I have always pulled for them, but that National Title stunt was lame, just as lame as some of Alabama's claimed national titles. We have a system in place. It may not be the best and many may disagree with it, but all teams are governed by it.

When the final second clicked off yesterday, my immediate thought was, "they can just claim this as a win and remain undefeated." I bet I wasn't the only one to think that, and it's unfortunate.
Think of the title claim as more to do with the inequity of being undefeated and not getting a chance to play for a national title. If they won't let you compete for the title and you beat the team that beat the college football playoff champion, then what else are they supposed to do? Go undefeated and settle for the NY6 as our ceiling?

In a world where everything is so PC and equality is in - College Football really seems like it's stuck in the Jim Crow era. The Natty claim is good for football, period. It was a major catalyst that helped shed light on the fact that realistically only 6-8 teams that have a real chance to play. That applies to both "P5" teams and "G5" teams.

If you like watching Alabama, Clemson and insert two others (GA, tOSU, etc...) every year, that's cool. I think most people want to see more of a March Madness setup where upsets bring intrigue to the sport instead of the same old rematches each year.

Last edited:
Think of the title claim as more to do with the inequity of being undefeated and not getting a chance to play for a national title. If they won't let you compete for the title and you beat the team that beat the college football playoff champion, then what else are they supposed to do? Go undefeated and settle for the NY6 as our ceiling?

In a world where everything is so PC and equality is in - College Football really seems like it's stuck in the Jim Crow era. The Natty claim is good for football, period. It was a major catalyst that helped shed light on the fact that realistically only 6-8 teams that have a real chance to play. That applies to both "P5" teams and "G5" teams.

If you like watching Alabama, Clemson and insert two others (GA, tOSU, etc...) every year, that's cool. I think most people want to see more of a March Madness setup where upsets bring intrigue.

I am not a fan of the current system and I would love to have seen UCF make the 4 team playoff that year. I think the majority of football fans really liked UCF and a lot of people would like to have seen what they could have done in the playoff. There was no need to claim a national title to make the point that the system can be improved. I think the goodwill that UCF earned that season was squandered with the claim of being national champs. I don't know any non-UCF fans that don't think the claim is cheesy and that probably accounts for what many are calling "hate."

Reactions: Vindibudd
To be specific, UCF was the Colley Matrix’s national champ. Bama was the CFP national champ. The NCAA doesn’t award a football national champ, they recognize both. You may not like it but those are the facts. It’s okay if you don’t agree with it but it is factually correct.[/QUO

So you guys hang a banner and award rings?

I think you nailed it. UCF is a fun team to watch. I have always pulled for them, but that National Title stunt was lame, just as lame as some of Alabama's claimed national titles. We have a system in place. It may not be the best and many may disagree with it, but all teams are governed by it.

When the final second clicked off yesterday, my immediate thought was, "they can just claim this as a win and remain undefeated." I bet I wasn't the only one to think that, and it's unfortunate.
Last time I checked, we have never tried to claim a loss as a win, or a win as a loss, or anything else when it comes to wins and losses. That kind of mindset shows how warped the media has you thinking.

The NCAA also says:
"+Beginning in 2014, the College Football Playoff was used to determine national champions in FBS. All “major selectors” not otherwise listed also selected the CFP champion as its higest ranked team in those seasons.
In years where a “major selector” had a team other than the CFP champion as highest ranked team in its final poll that team is listed below the CFP Champion."

Thus multiple Champs can occur. They did. Tell the NCAA to sanction an actual playoff like every other sport.

The mockery is the CFI.....not us. Just because the majority of sheep out there are happy to lay on their couch and collect a check knowing how biased and slanted it is, doesn't mean we need to sit back and do the same.

If you haven't seen the movie Moneyball I highly suggest it. There is a scene near the end where Brad Pitt's character is talking with the Boston Red Sox owner about change and competition. The sentiment pretty much sums up our position.

Look at all the people coming here because UCF lives in their heads 24-7!

UCF must mean something then!

It's football. Teams win. Teams lose.

It's been a great 5 years to have UCF football season tickets!

How about you Pitt and Bools fans? Have you enjoyed your season tickets for the past 5 years?

I am not a fan of the current system and I would love to have seen UCF make the 4 team playoff that year. I think the majority of football fans really liked UCF and a lot of people would like to have seen what they could have done in the playoff. There was no need to claim a national title to make the point that the system can be improved. I think the goodwill that UCF earned that season was squandered with the claim of being national champs. I don't know any non-UCF fans that don't think the claim is cheesy and that probably accounts for what many are calling "hate."
Tell that to Boise. They've played nice guy and have overachieved for decades. Where has that gotten them? You can dismiss the National Title claim, but you're absolutely wrong if you don't think the media has talked about it in direct correlation with expanding the playoff. There was an estimate that the title claim generated over $230+ million in free advertising.

If your perception is that it hurt the brand, or caused you to no longer support UCF - then, you do you. More attention needs to be on making the playoff more equitable for everyone and UCF is never going to stop pounding that drum until they get in or change occurs.

Reactions: atsKnight
Last time I checked, we have never tried to claim a loss as a win, or a win as a loss, or anything else when it comes to wins and losses. That kind of mindset shows how warped the media has you thinking.

The NCAA also says:
"+Beginning in 2014, the College Football Playoff was used to determine national champions in FBS. All “major selectors” not otherwise listed also selected the CFP champion as its higest ranked team in those seasons.
In years where a “major selector” had a team other than the CFP champion as highest ranked team in its final poll that team is listed below the CFP Champion."

Thus multiple Champs can occur. They did. Tell the NCAA to sanction an actual playoff like every other sport.

The mockery is the CFI.....not us. Just because the majority of sheep out there are happy to lay on their couch and collect a check knowing how biased and slanted it is, doesn't mean we need to sit back and do the same.

If you haven't seen the movie Moneyball I highly suggest it. There is a scene near the end where Brad Pitt's character is talking with the Boston Red Sox owner about change and competition. The sentiment pretty much sums up our position.

They are just coming here to hate. There is no reasoning with them. They don't care about facts. Whether they are aware of the facts or not. They just want to hate. What pitiful lives they must lead if the first thing they think of is to come here and hate.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I love when fans of teams in the P5 come and lecture us. If your team goes undefeated, you’re in the playoff, no questions asked. We go undefeated, we’re patted on the head and told “good job little buddy, why don’t you go play with your toys.”

Regardless of the fact that the 2017 had 7 NFL players and beat 3-4 ranked teams. That team could have beaten anyone, but didn’t get the chance because of bs system based on name recognition, ancient history, and a scheme designed to funnel money to a select group of schools.

So we made a statement, went all out, and got it recognized by the NCAA and now the power brokers don’t like it because it sheds light on the darkness of CFB. Tough.

Look at all the people coming here because UCF lives in their heads 24-7!

UCF must mean something then!

It's football. Teams win. Teams lose.

It's been a great 5 years to have UCF football season tickets!

How about you Pitt and Bools fans? Have you enjoyed your season tickets for the past 5 years?
I think this post nails it. I saw a picture of a sign around our football facilities that said something to the effect of, 'what you do in here changes college football'.

We are literally changing the landscape and conversation of college football as a program and as fans. If the price of that is a few more trolls, so be it. We're fighting for a better system and the trolls are mistaken if they think giving us more attention is discouraging.

It's been a great few years and I wouldn't trade it for any other program's fate.

Edit: Maybe I would trade places with Clemson. But that's it.

Last edited:
I love when fans of teams in the P5 come and lecture us. If your team goes undefeated, you’re in the playoff, no questions asked. We go undefeated, we’re patted on the head and told “good job little buddy, why don’t you go play with your toys.”

Regardless of the fact that the 2017 had 7 NFL players and beat 3-4 ranked teams. That team could have beaten anyone, but didn’t get the chance because of bs system based on name recognition, ancient history, and a scheme designed to funnel money to a select group of schools.

So we made a statement, went all out, and got it recognized by the NCAA and now the power brokers don’t like it because it sheds light on the darkness of CFB. Tough.

That team didn't beat LSU. Yeah, your QB was hurt but about half of LSU's players opted out of the bowl game.

That team didn't beat LSU. Yeah, your QB was hurt but about half of LSU's players opted out of the bowl game.

2017 buddy. The team that beat Auburn. The same Auburn that beat both Georgia and Alabama who played for the bs invitational. That is the team we defend.

All of the people on Twitter letting it out are making me cringe. So many people have been waiting for us to lose. Wish we could've pulled it out guys cause this really sucks.

It's directly proportional to the amount of talking UCF fans do on Twitter and also that ridiculous national champions sign on the stadium, which is something that I and my UCF grad wife are embarrassed about.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Why would you have an issue with our national championship claim when Alabama didn’t even win their own division, lost to Auburn who we beat and then got a free pass into the 4 team invitational? If anything, you should take issue with that. The 2017 UCF team also had 7 players go on NFL rosters. I think we’d have beaten Alabama.*

This kind of thing is why people celebrate UCF losing to teams with a 1-2 record. It's not about winning divisions, the transitive property in football is not a thing. It's not an invitational. And you would not have beaten Alabama.

Think of the title claim as more to do with the inequity of being undefeated and not getting a chance to play for a national title. If they won't let you compete for the title and you beat the team that beat the college football playoff champion, then what else are they supposed to do?

Act like adults.

Yeah and the players that played are now starters on the #4 team in the country. LSU was legit good. UCF was not as good as them. UCF also was down 4 starters who were drafted into the NFL and a QB who was a Heisman finalist. It happens. That had nothing to do with the 2017 undefeated season where UCF had 4 ranked wins and 9 wins over teams with winning records, finished as the only undefeated team in the country, beat the team that had beaten both teams in the CFP championship game, and finished in the top 3 of all 6 computer rankings previously used by the BCS including #1 in one. Further legitimizing the NC claim.

Reactions: mattropolis
It's directly proportional to the amount of talking UCF fans do on Twitter and also that ridiculous national champions sign on the stadium, which is something that I and my UCF grad wife are embarrassed about.

You and your UCF grad wife’s investment into the program (one post after a loss) have me real concerned about your level of embarrassment.

And yea, it is an invitational put on by a private/separate company. Not the NCAA.

1. I couldn't care less what a bunch of ignorant people on social media think or say.

2. Success ALWAYS brings out haters. Dealing with hate comes with the territory.

3. Pitt was celebrating post game as if they had just won a national championship. UCF haters are celebrating the same way. That tells you how successful UCF has been and how good a win over us is considered.

All of the people on Twitter letting it out are making me cringe. So many people have been waiting for us to lose. Wish we could've pulled it out guys cause this really sucks.

People on twitter matter? NOPE. End of year, good/fair chance just 1 loss in regular season in 3 years. Anyone else say that? If so, how many. As for little girls "hating" GOOD we're doing our job.

This kind of thing is why people celebrate UCF losing to teams with a 1-2 record. It's not about winning divisions, the transitive property in football is not a thing. It's not an invitational. And you would not have beaten Alabama.

Nice OPINION...but that's all it is...a biased OPINION. Since the game was never played, there is ZERO accuracy in any claim as to who would have won.

Every other sports league in the ENTIRE WORLD has figured out a way to allow championships to be decided on the field/court. NCAA FBS football is the ONLY sport in the entire world that doesn't.

We could always be Boise, who no one really talks about that much and will always be in the Mountain West, while we're fighting to get noticed. Those that p****y around and be Boise, will never be considered for playoffs, you have to yell.

AS for usf fans? HAHAHAHAHAHAH come back when you've won a game on this level. We've left you so far behind you need Hubble to see you. Who on earth is talking usf? Not even in Tampa does anyone care about usf.

The system in place excludes half of FBS college football. The only college football players without access to win a NC. Claiming a national championship was a stunt but it was backed up by a major poll and highlighted our point. Why should UCF respect a system that doesn't respect UCF?

I see that some of those Twitter posters have found their way over here. Gonna have to deal with still seeing us around since we didn't drop out of the top 25. One slip up by Boise and we're right back in the driver's seat for the NY6.

Just out of the playoff discussion and that sucks. Probably wouldn't have had a chance anyway cause Stanford lost again yesterday. Our program has come so far that the NY6 is our backup plan. If you would've told me 10, 20 years ago that this would occur I'd have had the biggest smile on my face. I knew it would occur and here we are. Charge On

Sorry this is just bullshit. Pitt was celebrating the same way it has celebrated any last minute victory. Pitt players always celebrate with the student section and the band.
I saw when Pitt beat Clemson and Miami a few years ago. Similar energy, similar celebration. Yall were super ecstatic. Does your student section always spell out P-I-T-T during zombie nation like we do with UCF?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Sorry this is just bullshit. Pitt was celebrating the same way it has celebrated any last minute victory. Pitt players always celebrate with the student section and the band.
Go watch that game again. Pitt played like they were playing for a national title. They were playing like their hair was on fire. This game has been circled as a must win to serve as redemption for the previous embarrassment. The celebration absolutely was not just "another close win". They showed more heart than our team and we simply got out played. Props to a close and well fought game.

You and your UCF grad wife’s investment into the program (one post after a loss) have me real concerned about your level of embarrassment.

And yea, it is an invitational put on by a private/separate company. Not the NCAA.

I didn't realize being invested in the program was equivalent to posting on message boards.

Also, say you're invited to this tournament, you're telling me that you wouldn't claim a national championship for winning it? lol

I didn't realize being invested in the program was equivalent to posting on message boards.

Also, say you're invited to this tournament, you're telling me that you wouldn't claim a national championship for winning it? lol
We won 25 games in a row and it was never even a thought for 13 people sitting in a room deciding who is worthy and who is not. It will not happen under the CFI format. If we had gone undefeated again this year there still would have been an excuse to exclude us.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Rent Free.

giphy.gif

Never would have been invited. UCF has a ceiling. All NCAA athletes should have a shot at an NC if they win all of their games.

For reference, the Colley Matrix awarded a national title to Notre Dame in 2012. A team who lost on the field in the national championship game to the actual winners, Alabama.

If you acted like you had some sense, nobody would be hating on UCF. Claiming mythical championships and saying you'd beat anyone and especially claiming you'd beat Alabama in 2017 is ridiculous and just feeds the haters. Also, if you did act like you had some sense or quietly won and tried to get into a better conference, you may have people actually rooting for you as an underdog. I love a good underdog but when an underdog acts like a top dog without a history of proof on the field (I don't give a damn about a winning streak against Sister Mary of the Poor), you get exactly what you deserve, no respect. Now you lost to a perennial P5 laughing stock and also lost to LSU when they barely even fielded a defense last year.

You wouldn't have beaten "anyone" in 2017, you most definitely wouldn't have beaten anyone in the playoff that year either. STFU, act like you've been there and either take the next P5 offer or schedule the big boys before you think you're going to get any respect from people that play real big boy football.

Don't worry about taking too much time to respond to me, I won't be back.

For reference, the Colley Matrix awarded a national title to Notre Dame in 2012. A team who lost on the field in the national championship game to the actual winners, Alabama.

If you acted like you had some sense, nobody would be hating on UCF. Claiming mythical championships and saying you'd beat anyone and especially claiming you'd beat Alabama in 2017 is ridiculous and just feeds the haters. Also, if you did act like you had some sense or quietly won and tried to get into a better conference, you may have people actually rooting for you as an underdog. I love a good underdog but when an underdog acts like a top dog without a history of proof on the field (I don't give a damn about a winning streak against Sister Mary of the Poor), you get exactly what you deserve, no respect. Now you lost to a perennial P5 laughing stock and also lost to LSU when they barely even fielded a defense last year.

You wouldn't have beaten "anyone" in 2017, you most definitely wouldn't have beaten anyone in the playoff that year either. STFU, act like you've been there and either take the next P5 offer or schedule the big boys before you think you're going to get any respect from people that play real big boy football.

I’ll summarize.

Hey guys, remember that undefeated 2017 season where you finished top 3 in all 6 BCS computer rankings? That doesn’t matter because of losses in future years with different QBs and supporting casts.

That's the difference...ND and Alabama had a chance to settle the issue ON THE FIELD. UCF was given no such opportunity. The ONLY sports league in the ENTIRE WORLD who excludes undefeated teams from their championship process.
Hard to argue this. I wish we had a six to eight team playoff that consisted of the P5 champions and the highest ranked G5 that went undefeated, or maybe only had one loss, along with maybe the two best at-large teams.

They’ve shown that when they get the chance (Utah, Boise, TCU, UCF, Houston) they can compete with the best. Even NIU and WMU put up pretty good fights. It’d make for good games and give everyone a chance. You win your games, you’re in.

Reactions: Square Knight

Dude...get some common sense.

1. That's the difference...ND and Alabama had a chance to settle the issue ON THE FIELD. UCF was given no such opportunity. The ONLY sports league in the ENTIRE WORLD who excludes undefeated teams from their championship process.

2. No one said UCF WOULD beat Alabama...but that 2017 team COULD have beaten Alabama. Since the game was never played, there is ZERO proof that UCF could not have won that matchup.

3. UCF made three different suggestions to UF to play them...including a n option that would pay UF more than a road game and as much as a home game...and UF is the one that said no to all three options.

4. Ahhh...take the cowardly approach...post and run!

ADVERTISEMENT