ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Chizik

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
All the talk of great defensive coach or head coach in general just took a major hit tonight. Literally one of the worst defensive showings in bowl history and maybe one of the worst in NCAA history tonight against Baylor.

That might have been Briles best coaching job. Down to a 3rd-4th string QB and he puts together a masterful offensive game plan to embarrass UNC's Defense & get a 10th win for Baylor

It was embarrassing. Their top RB was out too. A 1000 yard runner. Also Corey Coleman who had 20 receiving touchdowns. Amazing coaching job and display of backup talent.

All the talk of great defensive coach or head coach in general just took a major hit tonight. Literally one of the worst defensive showings in bowl history and maybe one of the worst in NCAA history tonight against Baylor.
Yeah, amazing amount of offense from Baylor!

Baylor had 5 different guys take snaps.. pretty nuts. Also, I don't think they punted once. They killed it. As for Chizik.. I just don't think they prepared for what Baylor was going to do - even though some plays seemed like basic read option plays which Baylor definitely does.

Baylor had 5 different guys take snaps.. pretty nuts. Also, I don't think they punted once. They killed it. As for Chizik.. I just don't think they prepared for what Baylor was going to do - even though some plays seemed like basic read option plays which Baylor definitely does.

It's just an example of a great offensive mind given time to prepare and being super deadly when doing so. I was so proud of UCF to have beaten them. I'm sure that he lost sleep on that one and it will always rank amongst the biggest bowl upsets in history.

Briles has said in his book and in an interview with Bianchi that UCF was good, played scared and simply wanted it more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT