ADVERTISEMENT

George Washington Colonials are "Extremely Offensive"

The Post on Thursday reported that the students believe that the “Colonials” moniker is too synonymous with colonialism and oppression.

i guess it couldnt possibly refer to the time frame in which gw lived... wtf is wrong with these sjw's

lol @ bob getting triggered yet again.

Also I'm all for going back to "Citronauts". Million times cooler than generic knights

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
It got 231 signatures, not even 50% of its goal. It's not really a story except for whatever red hat website Bob goes to is using it to shit on liberals several days later.

Great posting Bob you're really making the WC a better place.

Sounds like you guys have no choice but to change your allegiance to a team with a non-offensive name, like Cornhuskers.

Would you like to get cornhusked? It sounds like some type of masochism and I'm offended by it. Change your name.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Would you like to get cornhusked? It sounds like some type of masochism and I'm offended by it. Change your name.
Well we used to be the "Old Gold Knights", but that is unacceptable on many levels. I suppose going back to being the "Bugeaters" would be ok unless Batman raises a fuss about appropriating bat culture.

Student Rachel Yakobashvili created a Change.org petition urging GW to adopt a new nickname, with suggested alternatives including the “Hippos” or “Riverhorses.”

“We, as students, faculty, and staff of the George Washington University, believe it is of great exigence that the University changes the official nickname for its affiliates,” the petition states.

Fun Fact: Hippos kill more humans on a yearly basis than any other creature that's not an insect or snake (or other humans).

Student Rachel Yakobashvili created a Change.org petition urging GW to adopt a new nickname, with suggested alternatives including the “Hippos” or “Riverhorses.”

“We, as students, faculty, and staff of the George Washington University, believe it is of great exigence that the University changes the official nickname for its affiliates,” the petition states.

Fun Fact: Hippos kill more humans on a yearly basis than any other creature that's not an insect or snake (or other humans).

That’s fine tho. SJWs are fine with people being killed, so long as latte sippers in urban centers aren’t offended quite so often

That’s fine tho. SJWs are fine with people being killed, so long as latte sippers in urban centers aren’t offended quite so often

Goddamn you are ignorant. And represent everything that is wrong with american politics today.

Also I'm all for going back to "Citronauts". Million times cooler than generic knights

I also like changing to the Citronauts. I'll have to cruise by the local hipster coffee shop to see if the hipsters would get offended by the Citronauts name. It is 50/50 so I'll have to report back.

It started with this ...

But then even more so ...

Goddamn you are ignorant. And represent everything that is wrong with american politics today.

^^^ Perfect examples of why @NinjaKnight gets on a lot of nerves. He trolls every thread to just attack anyone over what they post. And then when someone like me catches them in a total falsehood, they fly-off-the-handle even worse.

I'd actual like @NinjaKnight, if it wasn't for this load of continual crapping in the WC.

lmao says the guy who can't post a single source to back up his multiple insane claims.

You are full of yourself, but even more full of shit.

lmao says the guy who can't post a single source to back up his multiple insane claims.
Actually, in the end, most people agreed I wasn't saying anything that wasn't true. Why? Because you kept regurgitating something I never said!

And that's your problem. You just want to 'argue,' not stop and actually understand what someone said. So if it doesn't fit what you want to 'argue' about, you just change the argument.

Then someone like me comes along, and tries to build 'understanding' between the 2 views, get people to talk with each other, instead of at each other, and then you rip me a new one too.

You are full of yourself, but even more full of shit.
Or someone who understands detail and helps people work together. I would have been a crap consultant if I couldn't do that.

In fact, the only time I've had 'problems' is when people repeatedly wanted to make 'political issues' out of things, instead of solving the problems.

You're constantly falling into that hole here. And I've repeatedly pointed out that's because most of your comments sound like they come from MSM headlines.

Actually, in the end, most people agreed I wasn't saying anything that wasn't true. Why? Because you kept regurgitating something I never said!

And that's your problem. You just want to 'argue,' not stop and actually understand what someone said. So if it doesn't fit what you want to 'argue' about, you just change the argument.

Then someone like me comes along, and tries to build 'understanding' between the 2 views, get people to talk with each other, instead of at each other, and then you rip me a new one too.

Or someone who understands detail and helps people work together. I would have been a crap consultant if I couldn't do that.

In fact, the only time I've had 'problems' is when people repeatedly wanted to make 'political issues' out of things, instead of solving the problems.

You're constantly falling into that hole here. And I've repeatedly pointed out that's because most of your comments sound like they come from MSM headlines.

Let me guess...you're owning ninja again.

i assume you are arguing with ninja on some stupid point that he thinks he GOT you on.

your life will be better if you put him on ignore.

Reactions: UCFBS
i assume you are arguing with ninja on some stupid point that he thinks he GOT you on.

your life will be better if you put him on ignore.
You checked and read ninjas posts just like you're reading this one right now little snowflake.

You checked and read ninjas posts just like you're reading this one right now little snowflake.

He's literally been replying to me. I just called him out on his bullshit about India being #2 in CO2 production and he replied to that.

I'll admit he's not nearly as bad as fab. He is still talking about me, and starting threads about me. I must have really embarrassed the hell out of him. He's probably still getting ready for that basketball game lmao

He's literally been replying to me. I just called him out on his bullshit about India being #2 in CO2 production and he replied to that.

I'll admit he's not nearly as bad as fab. He is still talking about me, and starting threads about me. I must have really embarrassed the hell out of him. He's probably still getting ready for that basketball game lmao
I have no doubt. Everyone knows they can't resist the urge to click show ignored content or whatever. The whole board knows how sad it is. And even though they will read this, they can't defend themselves which makes the cucking all the sweeter.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Gators ate that kid at Disney World .... UF should change their name.
POTW!

Replace 'Gators' with 'guns' and see what the MSM thinks. You cannot even be an Olympian if you're loosely associated with guns. No wonder the Europeans think we're idiots, especially the Scandinavians.

First time ever that a gator ended up on the winning end of a tangle with a Nebraskan.

Sorry, there goes my soul
Oh, that might be a better POTW!

I also like changing to the Citronauts. I'll have to cruise by the local hipster coffee shop to see if the hipsters would get offended by the Citronauts name. It is 50/50 so I'll have to report back.

My report back from the hipsters at the coffee shop. Yes they would be offended by Citronauts. Asking the question is even offensive. I agreed to not shower and play hacky sack for the day as a peace offering.

It started with this ...

But then even more so ...

^^^ Perfect examples of why @NinjaKnight gets on a lot of nerves. He trolls every thread to just attack anyone over what they post. And then when someone like me catches them in a total falsehood, they fly-off-the-handle even worse.

I'd actual like @NinjaKnight, if it wasn't for this load of continual crapping in the WC.
SJWs like NinjaKnight are the worst.

My report back from the hipsters at the coffee shop. Yes they would be offended by Citronauts. Asking the question is even offensive. I agreed to not shower and play hacky sack for the day as a peace offering.
You can't just appropriate orange culture and expect it to be okay. Everyone knows it is the most sexually ambiguous of all fruits and strictly identifies itself by its own color.

Also, astronauts are offensive. They have to wear a special white suit and a diaper to survive because they are so afraid of being surrounded by the "blackness" of space.

SJWs like NinjaKnight are the worst.
The thing is ... he's not even a SJW. Which is most disturbing. He literally takes MSM headlines and runs with assumptions, ones that are even against what he should already know.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Did they make a PCU sequel that I never heard about???

Yeah. It’s a reality show playing out at most of the colleges in the US.
lol lay off the fox news.
Okay, try The Atlantic, an over 160 year-old, critically thinking Liberal magazine. I'm a print subscriber, have been for years. You need to lay off the US Mainstream Media. That's the thing, they are going for advertising dollars, and expensing the right thing.

This is not a right-wing conspiracy theory. True Liberals are genuinely concerned where Progressives are taking the 1st Amendment ... more so than Conservatives. I've felt that way since '06, when the Clinton-Obama surge ended up causing me to hear all sorts of things I would have never dreamt hearing from a Democratic candidate, and the US media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT