ADVERTISEMENT

George Zimmerman arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a weapon

He's still more credible than a black kid who took some stupid pictures and may or may not have smoked pot.

Are we allowed to call Zimmerman a "thug" now, after multiple violent arrests? Or, is that term reserved for the black kid who died?

This post was edited on 1/10 11:03 AM by chemmie

Originally posted by chemmie:
Are we allowed to call Zimmerman a "thug" now, after multiple violent arrests? Or, is that term reserved for the black kid who died?

This post was edited on 1/10 11:03 AM by chemmie
Yes.

Originally posted by C-MontCityKnight2:
Hey you fat piece of goo, we've been calling him a thug since day one. Doesn't change that fact that he had the right to defend himself.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yea, yea, yea... the usual racists around here were calling the light-pigmented guy a "thug" the whole time!!! I forgot.

Following somebody around in the dark with a gun is self defense, but only if you're light-pigmented and the person you're stalking is black.

It's great seeing chemimie still lying in face of actual facts from a case that was already settled via a trial and jury decision.

Lulz

I'd love to have a piece of this case.

So let me get this straight ... his girlfriend gets pulled over for a speeding ticket and she tells the cop that a few days before that Zimmerman threw a bottle at her?

So they go and pop him for Agg Assault DV.

If the victim shows up at all, that's not exactly the best case in the world to want to send somebody to prison on. That doesnt get filed at all if he doesnt have a prior DV arrest.

The guy needs help. But he doesnt deserve prison in this case.

I don't understand how anyone can defend Zimmerman's actions in... the guy followed an unarmed kid with a gun, if anything Trevon was exercising self defense against this fcking creep. Now we're seeing him act like an aggressive POS over and over again. Will not surprise me if he kills again.

The case was an abortion of justice on the scale of OJ.

The cell phone data in the case, which is consistent with Zimmermans story the next day to police, is that Zimmerman turned around and was walking away when Martin followed him and confronted him. To do so, Martin made a conscious decision to turn right and confront Zimmerman and not turn left and go home. He had a cellphone. If he was afraid of a creep he would have called 911. If you confront someone in the dark, especially if you don't know that he has violent tendencies, you may get shot and killed. Regardless of your color. That doesn't automatically make it a crime. The moral ot this story is more about Martin not having the sense to leave people alone than it is Zimmerman shooting him.

Originally posted by UCFEE:
I don't understand how anyone can defend Zimmerman's actions in... the guy followed an unarmed kid with a gun, if anything Trevon was exercising self defense against this fcking creep. Now we're seeing him act like an aggressive POS over and over again. Will not surprise me if he kills again.

That's because you're smarter than most of the people around here.

Trayvon is the thug. He had pictures on Facebook making an obscene gesture, and he liked rap music.

Zimmerman is the hero. He had a history of violence before the case, lied to the judge, and has a history of violence after the case.

Just look at 85's comments. He's a hero. Nothing was done wrong other than Trayvon being a "thug."

Or, you could dig up an unbiased analysis of the trial and fix your ignorance. Just because you don't like the guy and don't agree with the trial outcome based upon your faith in flawed narratives and incomplete understanding of the facts, evidence, and law, doesn't mean that justice wasn't done in that one incident.

zimmerman appears to be an absolute idiot and appears to have some very real issues. How much we'll never know. One thing is certain, the crappy reporting of the local fishwrap isn't a good source to try to build understanding on.

I'm aware of the facts in the case.... but educate me as to why one person that fears for his life cannot use physical violence when in fear for his life but another person can put a bullet in someone's heart when he fears for his life.

Of course, we never got to hear from the kid about how he feared for his life because some asshole with a gun was following him around. Maybe if he would have screamed like a little pu$$y the same way Zimmerman did it would be a different story.

I wonder if black families have had to include "make sure you scream like a pig if you're confronted so white people know you were scared too" in to the lessons that they have to teach their kids in order to live a productive life. The lessons most of you never had to hear.

Apparently you're not aware of the facts since everything you've said points to this. Just like chemmie, who has spent his entire time on this board spewing bullshit with no idea of what he's talking about.

Whether or not Zimmerman "should have" been following Martin is up to you to decide. I really don't care. I care about what exactly happened that led to the gunshot wound which killed Martin.

And the facts in the case, as laid out during court testimony, as heard by the jury who judged him Not Guilty, said this: that Zimmerman had stopped his pursuit of Martin, did not know where he went, and was turned around when Martin essentially ambushed him and started beating the shit out of him. It was also reveled, in actual court testimony, that Martin did NOT know that Zimmerman had a firearm and therefore this played no role in Martin's decision to assault Zimmerman.

Therefore your line "feared for his life because some asshole with a gun was following him around' is absurd and based in ignorance and lies.

So again: Zimmerman, whether an asshole for following the kid or not, did NOT initiate the physical altercation and witness testimony confirmed that he was on the ground, getting beat to shit by Martin who was on top, and who initiated the entire fight.

I don't care what Zimmerman is doing now. I only am commenting on the case which you commented on, and which chemmie so ignorantly comments on, and I've chosen to remind you of the facts. Let's see if you listen.
This post was edited on 1/11 12:13 PM by UCFKnight85

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Apparently you're not aware of the facts since everything you've said points to this. Just like chemmie, who has spent his entire time on this board spewing bullshit with no idea of what he's talking about.

Whether or not Zimmerman "should have" been following Martin is up to you to decide. I really don't care. I care about what exactly happened that led to the gunshot wound which killed Martin.

And the facts in the case, as laid out during court testimony, as heard by the jury who judged him Not Guilty, said this: that Zimmerman had stopped his pursuit of Martin, did not know where he went, and was turned around when Martin essentially ambushed him and started beating the shit out of him. It was also reveled, in actual court testimony, that Martin did NOT know that Zimmerman had a firearm and therefore this played no role in Martin's decision to assault Zimmerman.

Therefore your line "feared for his life because some asshole with a gun was following him around' is absurd and based in ignorance and lies.

So again: Zimmerman, whether an asshole for following the kid or not, did NOT initiate the physical altercation and witness testimony confirmed that he was on the ground, getting beat to shit by Martin who was on top, and who initiated the entire fight.

I don't care what Zimmerman is doing now. I only am commenting on the case which you commented on, and which chemmie so ignorantly comments on, and I've chosen to remind you of the facts. Let's see if you listen.
Hold on, if Zimmerman had more capacity to kill at a distance (either with his gun or with his car) than Treyvon had even within close range, then why is initiating a physical confrontation not self defense?

And how the hell could anyone know if Martin knew he had a gun or not? And if everyone in the case couldn't even identify who was on top throwing the blows (the evidence they used to say Treyvon was the attacker was the fact that Zimmerman was screaming), how could they possibly have identified that Zimmerman turned around? Zimmerman's word? "Oh yeah, I was following him for several minutes, but I promise he attacked me only after I said 'oh nevermind'.

If I'm being followed for minutes by an unknown person, you be I'm going to assume he's armed. If some asshole is following you around aggressively, what are you going to think? If the asshole gets within striking distance of you, you're not going to defend yourself based on the fact YOU'VE been followed by someone who you do not know and do not know what his capabilities are to harm you? Even if you assume he doesn't have a gun, he's an adult with a truck, you're a kid.

The jury never heard the other side of the story because the kid's dead. The jury found this creep not guilty based on his word and his screams recorded on the phone. We see this guy continue to act like someone who should have been locked up....

But still, his killing of a kid is justified.

What a load of BS.

Originally posted by Bob the Knight:
Lol.

It's truly amazing how someone can choose to ignore facts as presented and invent their own facts, and continue with a false narrative.

Lol.

It's truly amazing how someone can choose to ignore facts as presented and invent their own facts, and continue with a false narrative.
Answer my questions or you lose.

I addressed the "facts of the case".... and if one of the "facts of the case" was that it was clear that Martin did not know that Zimmerman was armed, then facts were distorted in favor of the white guy in the case.

Like that's never occurred in our history.

lol

Question: if you have a clear opportunity to get away from someone that "you know" is armed, would you come back to jump them instead without a firearm yourself?

Your own logic is destroying your piss poor argument.

Next.

lol

Question: if you have a clear opportunity to get away from someone that "you know" is armed, would you come back to jump them instead without a firearm yourself?

Your own logic is destroying your piss poor argument.

Next.
Where's the proof that he had a clear opportunity to get away? Point me to the fact of the case that showed Zimmerman had given up pursuit and was ambushed. That evidence doesn't exist. That's the false narrative you're choosing to believe.

Hold on, if Zimmerman had more capacity to kill at a distance (either with his gun or with his car) than Treyvon had even within close range, then why is initiating a physical confrontation not self defense?

And how the hell could anyone know if Martin knew he had a gun or not? And if everyone in the case couldn't even identify who was on top throwing the blows (the evidence they used to say Treyvon was the attacker was the fact that Zimmerman was screaming), how could they possibly have identified that Zimmerman turned around? Zimmerman's word? "Oh yeah, I was following him for several minutes, but I promise he attacked me only after I said 'oh nevermind'.

If I'm being followed for minutes by an unknown person, you be I'm going to assume he's armed. If some asshole is following you around aggressively, what are you going to think? If the asshole gets within striking distance of you, you're not going to defend yourself based on the fact YOU'VE been followed by someone who you do not know and do not know what his capabilities are to harm you? Even if you assume he doesn't have a gun, he's an adult with a truck, you're a kid.

The jury never heard the other side of the story because the kid's dead. The jury found this creep not guilty based on his word and his screams recorded on the phone. We see this guy continue to act like someone who should have been locked up....

But still, his killing of a kid is justified.

What a load of BS.
You don't know what you are talking about.

Zimmerman followed him to a three way stop. Zimmerman went that intersection to give the 911 operator an address number for the police to respond to.

After that, he turned around and started walking back to his car on the same street.

Before that happened, Martin had proceeded through the same three way intersection and walked to the right. On the right of that intersection was a large apartment building. Martin then walked down that street and turned right again once he had reached the end of the apartment building. He walked out into a courtyard. He could have turned left and gone to his house. Instead, he turned right and completed his circle of the apartment building. Zimmerman was about 50 to 60 yards away when Zimmerman turned and walked towards Martin.

Before anyone knew that the cops what access cellphone data to verify his story, Zimmerman told the cops the day after the shooting that he only turned around because he heard someone yelling at him.

What happened was tragic and never should have occurred. But it wasn't based on race and anyone saying that it was is just trying to manipulate you. You should be smarter than that.

Read the goddamn case report with the evidence.

It refutes every ridiculous theory you're spewing.

...and we won't why why Trayvon took a left instead of a right because he's dead for throwing a few punches out of fear that this POS deserved to get.

You guys are pieces of work, I can't imagine the cognitive twists you have to go through to justify this killing. Zimmerman initiated the aggression, Zimmerman showed clear contempt for 'these fcking punks', Zimmerman pulled the trigger... but Zimmerman was justified because Martin didn't tuck his tail between his legs and go home... and how dare a black man react to being profiled given this nation's history.

I thought engineers were supposed to be smart... Seems all that pot is starting to take its toll.

...and we won't why why Trayvon took a left instead of a right because he's dead for throwing a few punches out of fear that this POS deserved to get.

You guys are pieces of work, I can't imagine the cognitive twists you have to go through to justify this killing. Zimmerman initiated the aggression, Zimmerman showed clear contempt for 'these fcking punks', Zimmerman pulled the trigger... but Zimmerman was justified because Martin didn't tuck his tail between his legs and go home... and how dare a black man react to being profiled given this nation's history.
Which is why there is reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did anything.

Look, you're saying that maybe Trayvon wasn't doubling back to confront Zimmerman. Maybe Trayvon got confused and it caused him to cross paths with Zimmerman. (this might be possible or it might be possible to establish line of sight and show that Martin knew that he'd cross up with Zimmerman by making the turn. I don't know that).

So we have two possibilities. It sucks that someone is dead. But there is definitely reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was defending himself. There is a very real possibility that Zimmerman could have been seriously injured or killed by Trayvon. Trayvon was definitely winning that fight. If Zimmerman's testimony is true, which is reasonable, then we have to allow him to defend himself. The same thing could have happened without a gun. Imagine Zimmerman is able to secure a choke hold on Trayvon and just wants to put him to sleep but kills him. Same situation.

.....says the guy arguing against actual facts, logic, and reasoning.

roll.r191677.gif

Martin was just a few yards from his father's back door and safety when he came back to attack Zimmerman. If he was truly that scared, why didn't he just take the shorter route home? There's also testimony in the case record that leads you to believe that Martin wasn't the scared little child that your erroneous narrative portrayed him as.

You're also showing a great deal of ignorance with your "throwing a few punches comment." Let me sucker punch you in the dark hard enough to break your nose and knock you down, then climb on top of you and start punching you in the face which also causes your head to bounce off the sidewalk where you see stars with every blow, have me ignore the neighbor who yells at me to stop, and then have no one respond to my cries for help. At that point, you're going to feel a hell of a lot more like you're about to suffer (or in fact are already suffering) grave bodily harm.

At this point, if you've got a gun, are you really telling me that you're going to let me keep punching you in the face and not pull the gun? And now, how about if I try to grab the gun when you pull it? What exactly are you going to do at that moment?

I thought engineers were supposed to be smart... Seems all that pot is starting to take its toll.
Not all engineers are butt hole stupid. Thanks for making us look bad EE...

EE also has absolutely no idea what does and doesn't constitue legal self defense.

Which is ironic since he's trying to debate inside a thread revolving around a self defense case.

I don't think you understand what the word "fact" means.

Originally posted by chemmie:

I don't think you understand what the word "fact" means.
"Fact" = people that disagree with you are racist and everything they do and say is racist.

Believe all they were doing was posting facts...and it was you that went all "emo" (jokingly calling shooting justified in another post...when that wasn't even the case for the jury to decide...they only had to decide if there was enough evidence WITHOUT A DOUBT to convict.

There's a reason the saying is always "not guilty" by the jury, vs "innocent."

PS. If you what witnessed Zimmerman's actions over the last 2 years...dude just hates everyone, REGARDLESS OF RACE.

So it turns out this guy is likely a pos. That doesnt change anything from the case a few years ago.

UCFEE, just read the linked analysis. After you're done, then come back and let us know what you think of that night and our justice system.

And this is just closing arguments. You can read all of Branca's posts on the subject before and during the trial. They are extremely informative.
This post was edited on 1/12 12:55 PM by sk8knight

Zimmerman trial analysis

And the charges are dropped after the woman recents her story. Surprising?

If somebody with a gun parks their car, leaves the car, and starts following you or looking for you, they are the aggressor.

End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT