ADVERTISEMENT

Get Out of Here With Bogus 2-for-1 Scheduling Offers to AAC Teams

Football has always been a cash cow for them from admin perspective. This is why Genshaft loves these arrangements

Not really...since they have a small fan base...plus, they have a lot of rental expenses at Raymond James Stadium, plus they don't get a full share of parking/concession or even signage revenue on game days.

Thats why the cows were forced to take a 2-for-1 offer from UF and UL (who, UCF signed to a home-home deal just weeks later...just proved how "weak" the cows are), as they DON'T have a cash "cow" for home games.

Remember, prior to the UCF Black Friday Game, cows averaged only 24,000 "actual" fans on game day in that 65,000 seat stadium.

That's called "bleeding" money and they desperately need "pay" road games to help bring revenue to their program.

Genshafted

In all honesty, USF has ZERO leverage. I don't see USF being in a position to be taken seriously in any negotiations right now with any of the "P6" schools. They pretty much have to take what gets offered.

At least for right now, we have a little bit of leverage, but I doubt we get many 1-1 offers from the mid - top tier of the SEC. Heck after running Pitt off the field this year and Maryland last year we may not get offers from many of the "P6" for the next several years.

Reactions: Knight Strength
H
In all honesty, USF has ZERO leverage. I don't see USF being in a position to be taken seriously in any negotiations right now with any of the "P6" schools. They pretty much have to take what gets offered.

At least for right now, we have a little bit of leverage, but I doubt we get many 1-1 offers from the mid - top tier of the SEC. Heck after running Pitt off the field this year and Maryland last year we may not get offers from many of the "P6" for the next several years.
hopefully our golden ticket comes sooner than later

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT