ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready for more speculation...Danny White

Don't see everybody getting burnt at the stake by this latest witch hunt. Was there a problem? Of course but a witch hunt isn't justified either.

68c.gif

Reactions: Knightrodamus
I thought I read on one of the Nebraska boards one of the guys saying DW interviewed there before Moos got the gig. Could be total nonsense. Just sayin.

I thought I read on one of the Nebraska boards one of the guys saying DW interviewed there before Moos got the gig. Could be total nonsense. Just sayin.
That was only ever speculation, born of the idea to bring SF home and that DW would be the one to do it. Nobody knew who was being interviewed or who it was going to be til it was announced. There might have been as many as 23 candidates but not sure how many got feelers or even interviews and of course names were never released. I remember people bringing up DW specifically due to ties to SF and that was it.

He is still paid 50% less than many P5 AD's that don't have to do nearly as much selling/fundraising as DW.
I know this list isnt the most up to date but it shows that 650k (i think that is what someone said) is quite competitive even against P5's i mean its not against the top but it places it solidly in the top 40 would be top 30 if these numbers were correct.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/all/director

Most ADs don't make a million. Even DW's dad doesn't make a million (just under it) at Duke. Vanderbilt is the crazy exception. I'm sure based on performance he'll get incremental raises.

Back in 2012-2013 he made under it, that USA today list is outdated. 2016-2017 Kevin White makes nearly $1.5 Million.

http://sportsinfo.pro/AthleticDirector2017.html

Danny White isn't going to make the big bucks until he gets some more grey hairs. At 37 years old, most major university presidents aren't going to entrusted their athletic department to him, especially immediately after this National Championship stunt. It's a good ploy for him and UCF in the long term but it's going to be another 5-10 years before he can cash in on it with a big time P5 job. 15 years if that job is Notre Dame or Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT