ADVERTISEMENT

Get to Know 'The Dungeon': dgyn14

EweSeaEff

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2007
Clearwater
Welcome to the first "Get to Know 'The Dungeon'" of the new football season! We can always use more volunteers, so if you're interested in contributing then please feel free to drop me a line at: https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/conversations/add?to=EweSeaEff.

Previous participants include:

Princesam3
UCFiesta05
USFSucks
MaineKnight
CubanM11
Vinnie V
tony92
Big12Knights
kelly100
knights4lyfe
UCFan416
camsonofpat
knighted.1
jashton2007
JSeloc
JonesUCF34
OldClay83

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Taking the honors this week is @dgyn14. Thank you, Dan! If memory serves, Dan is the third participant in this feature that attended UCF after graduating from a high school out of state (@MaineKnight and @Big12Knights being the others).

Bio

Username: Dgyn14

Name: Dan

Dungeon member since: September 2009, to follow recruiting

How did you come up with your username: Devils, Giants (Also my initials), Yankees, Nets. Day of birthday.

Where do you live: Montvale, NJ

Family: My wife Haylie, our cat Lil Bit, and our doodle puppy Hudson who is almost no longer a puppy.

What do you do for a living now: Executive Vice President for our family ran grocery chain Glass Gardens who is partners under the name of ShopRite-a big chain up here in NJ/NY.

LinkedIn Page: @dgyn14 I think (barely use it)

Twitter Page: @dgyn14

Instagram Page: Same

Facebook Page: N/A

Education

Where did you go to high school: Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Are you a UCF Alumnus: Yes

Year Graduated: 2011

Degree: General Business (Bachelors)

Why did you choose to go to UCF: I was mainly looking at schools in CT/NY, but decided to apply to Miami and UCF because why not. Miami was originally my top choice, but it was a reach (GPA was OK but SAT scores were just average). I didn't get in. Best two schools I got into then were UCF and Ithaca in NY. I visited both schools, Ithaca was a pretty campus, but middle of nowhere. UCF was pretty wowing - the on campus stadium/arena and the brand new tower dorms sealed the deal.

Where did you live when you were a student at UCF: Nike/Hercules, then Towers, one last semester at Northgate

Did you play sports at UCF: Just intramural-basketball and softball

UCF Football

Football season ticket holder: No since I'm out of state, but at only $99 I should. Especially with Stanford on the schedule this year.

Favorite UCF Football memory: Being at the Peach Bowl and going berzerk when we returned the pick-6 to mostly seal the game. Honorable mention to the atmosphere at the Texas game and when we took the lead against them for the first time.

Favorite home game memory (football): Being at the Texas game. Also including watching the Mike Hughes kickoff return for a TD on TV \.

Favorite UCF football player (all-time): Shaquem with honorable mentions to KZ, Kevin Smith, and Mike Hughes.

Favorite road game or potential road game destination: Game that I went to: Ohio State was a lot of fun, Michigan was the better game experience (even with the blowout). Where I'd like to go: Eugene or Northwestern (early in the season).

Will we ever get into a P5 conference: Eventually at some point, too hard to ignore the enrollment number.

Bowl games attended: 2017 Peach and 2018 Fiesta

Useless info

Usual tailgate spot (if you do make it down for a game from time to time): Usually our fraternity and their alum group tailgates in Memory Mall in the northeast corner.

Go-to tailgate drink
: Beer-but something decent. Stella or Blue Moon for starters.

Favorite drink: A good Moscow Mule, Mojito, Pina Colada, or Whiskey Sour depending on what mood I'm in.

Favorite restaurant (local to you): Bellisimo's in my hometown, Andrea's in nearby Waldwick.

Favorite movie (all-time): Hmm...Memento, Godfather part 2, TDK, a bunch of others that would be honorable mentions

Favorite band/musician (all-time): Red Hot Chili Peppers

Favorite television show (all-time): Either Breaking Bad or The Wire. A few other shows I really enjoy(ed): South Park, Futurama, The Leftovers, Peaky Blinders, Justified, The Sopranos

Hobbies/Interests outside of rooting for UCF: Other sports - Big NY Yankees, NJ Devils, NY Yankees, Brooklyn Nets fan. Mostly watch on TV and attend a handful of games each year for said teams. Otherwise playing with our pup and two cats at home, going hiking, and traveling with my wife. Going to Australia in a little less than a month.

Favorite vacation spot (a place you’ve already visited): Either Italy or New Zealand. Absolutely loved the Lake Como Region and the Swiss/Alps Lucerne area. NZ so much beautiful scenery packed into a small country. Coolest thing was taking a helicopter into an active volcano called White Island.

Favorite spot on campus: The football stadium and basketball arena. As a student spent a lot of time in the BA buildings and Student Union too.

Favorite meal/dish: I have a few. Of course a perfectly cooked medium rare steak. I love a well prepared Mediterranean styled Branzino. Love a few snack foods as well - a quality cheese with some figs and prosciutto or quality tortilla chips with home-made salsa or guac.

GTKTD

Reactions: jdsurf17 and dgyn14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News