ADVERTISEMENT

Get to Know 'The Dungeon': knighted.1

EweSeaEff

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2007
Clearwater
Welcome to the latest episode of "Get to Know 'The Dungeon'". As always, please feel free to drop me a line if you're interested in participating: https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/conversations/add?to=EweSeaEff.

As a reminder, I'm now including a list of all previous versions of the "Get to Know 'The Dungeon'" series. I've also added "GTKTD" at the bottom of each of my posts (including all of the ones already posted), so now you can perform a search using "GTKTD" and each of the "Get to Know" posts should show up.

Princesam3
UCFiesta05
USFSucks
MaineKnight
CubanM11
Vinnie V
tony92
Big12Knights
kelly100
knights4lyfe
UCFan416
camsonofpat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's volunteer is @knighted.1. Thank you, Darren! Darren added quite a few questions/answers to some of the hardest hitting topics ever discussed in the Dungeon. Zoysia FTW!

Bio

Username: knighted.1

Name: Darren

Dungeon member since: Dungeon since 2013, free side since 2007. Was on CBSSports group before that.

How did you come up with your username: I thought I was being creative - then realized that several others had come up with the same concept before me.

Where do you live: Longwood. Just returned from 13 years in Atlanta.

Family: My wife Kristina, also a UCF alum and children Dillon (10) and Emma (5)

What do you do for a living now: Have worked in the software industry for 25 years. Currently the COO for a company that makes software for biblical study.

LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenshipp/

Twitter Page: @1_agile_exec

Instagram Page: N/A

Facebook Page: N/A

Education

Where did you go to high school: Lake Brantley

Are you a UCF Alumnus: Yes

Year Graduated: Bachelor’s in ’92 and Master’s in ‘01

Degree: Bachelor’s in English with minors in Economics and Accounting. Master’s is MIS.

Why did you choose to go to UCF: Family financial situation, changed my focus from Wake Forest to UCF. As I ended up in technology, turned out to be a great decision.

Where did you live when you were a student at UCF: Altamonte Springs area.

Did you play sports at UCF: No. Baseball and football in high school.

UCF Football

Football season ticket holder: Was a season ticket holder for many years. Had to give them up three seasons ago. Also had men’s basketball for three years and baseball for one year. Will likely be back at that next year.

Favorite UCF Football memory: I had been following the team since ’87, so beating Georgia in the Liberty Bowl was a surreal moment. 20 years earlier, I would never had guessed we would play in a game like that.

If football season ticket holder, what section are you in: 211G - new to this section

Favorite home game memory (football): Although we lost, the 2005 C-USA championship game was a huge one for me. Things felt different at that game, I was not able to attend the Cincinnati game this past season. It looks like it had the same affect, where you could feel things are different for us now.

Favorite UCF football player (all-time): I’ll list a few different ones, but players I really enjoyed following. Darin Hinshaw, Rocky Ross, Bruce Miller, Rannell Hall.

Favorite road game or potential road game destination: I’ve done quite a few away games, but most of the time combined with a work trip, so would fly in the night before, show up right before the game and then leave. Last season, my father-in-law, brother-in-law and I went to the Navy game and made a weekend of it. I got to hang out with @Knightbengal and his merry band of FIWs. It was a great trip experience.

Will we ever get into a P5 conference: Yes. We have established ourselves as the best brand in the G5. Just a matter of time.

Bowl games attended: Peach, St Petersburg

Useless info

Usual tailgate spot
: Has been in the church parking lot, but I think I'm going to try one of the main lots this year.

Go-to tailgate drink: Beer - unless it is an early game - then screwdriver.

Favorite drink: Mood thing. I like a good bourbon or scotch. Tom Collins by the pool. Gin and Tonic on occasion. A hearty/oaky Cab with a steak. Once a year, my wife makes Molly Morgans.

Favorite restaurant: I’m a Charley’s steakhouse fan.

Favorite movie (all-time): Hmm. This is tough for me. I have to make a list. Amadeus. Big Fish. Princess Bride. Christmas Vacation. Saving Private Ryan. My Fair Lady.

Favorite band/musician (all-time): If I have to pick only one, Michael W. Smith.

Favorite television show (all-time): Home Improvement, Frasier, House and Law and Order (the original one).

Hobbies/Interests outside of rooting for UCF: Spend time with my amazing kids. Try to do projects around the house. Pretend to golf. Volunteer church / coaching.

Favorite vacation spot (a place you’ve already visited): We spend time each year at Champions Gate, that is a great week. Longboat Key Club. Steamboat Springs.

Favorite spot on campus: Walking by the old bookstore. Lots of Great Escapes memories.

Favorite meal/dish: I am a meat and potato kind of guy, also fried chicken, baked macaroni and cheese, banana pudding.

Now, let’s get to the important stuff.

Favorite grass type: I had a Zoysia lawn in Atlanta. People would come to my door to ask me how I got my grass to look like that. It was incredible.

Best chicken wings: We are partial to Taco Mac in the Atlanta area, but I’m monitoring that thread for places to check out here.

I am one of the people that loves Rendezvous Barbecue.

I don’t have any tattoos, but don’t think that they mean you went to prison.

Big Magic fan. Had season tickets from 2000 – 2006. Have not seen an Orlando City game but will try to get to one this year. I’m taking my son to the Apollos game next weekend. (Editor's note: This comment didn't age well!)

The thread for December signing day where we were trying to monitor the choice of a high school student on the constantly dropping Florida Today video feed is my all-time favorite Dungeon memory. I have not laughed that hard in years. If you haven’t read it – go do it now!

GTKTD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News