ADVERTISEMENT

Getting rid of Tier 2 Nike for Tier 1 Adidas?

I get it ..I prefer Nike for everything but Soccer …but Terry can’t turn down a significantly higher payout . It is not his fault if Nike doesn’t care about us

Reactions: Yaes
I don't get why a brand should play a role in recruiting. I only personally wear Nike and UA and not Adidas but I wouldn't make a career decision based on a brand lol that seems pretty shallow, no offense. Correct me if I'm wrong
recruits make decisions for a lot of reasons , some of them shallow

I think the switch would hurt Basketball more than Football. Basketball players really hate Adidas

I don't get why a brand should play a role in recruiting. I only personally wear Nike and UA and not Adidas but I wouldn't make a career decision based on a brand lol that seems pretty shallow, no offense. Correct me if I'm wrong
It could be a tie breaker. Have you seen top 10 or 5 or 2 lists?

260edde3-2eb4-45f2-af71-2926a728b1bc-E-doai1WQAkYF9H.jpeg

Is indiana tier 1?

Recruits want Nike. Secondly would be Under Armour. Nike came in and re-invigorated the Jersey game when O’Leary left and the fan base loved it. The players love it too.

The money would have to be significant and Adidas would have to promise top notch designs and a consistent level of refresh of jerseys we’ve become accustomed to lately

Recruits want Nike. Secondly would be Under Armour. Nike came in and re-invigorated the Jersey game when O’Leary left and the fan base loved it. The players love it too.

The money would have to be significant and Adidas would have to promise top notch designs and a consistent level of refresh of jerseys we’ve become accustomed to lately
The money will be significant. Go from 2 mil a year to 10.

I think someone at Adidas probably sees an opportunity here because UCF is now poised to be a huge national brand in the next 5-10 years. It's a gamble, but a calculated rick that could pay off. Nike wasn't a player in basketball at one point. They had almost nothing. They bet the farm on Michael Jordan because they saw what he could be. Remember, it wasn't a given. The 3rd pick in the draft was the first player to ever have his own shoe. This isn't on that level, but maybe Adidas sees the potential.

I don’t like adidas for basketball or football and seeing the USF unis the last several years has been awful 🤮. Can’t we just tell them what we want, they design it and make it?

$10mil > $2mil per year and money talks, so I get it. We are going to need an influx of money anyway we can get it to upgrade facilities, and fast. Our facilities were top notch in the G5 but we have to get P5 ready without having the P5 payout.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Marcus Jordan Help!
The help from Marcus (and possibly Michael) Jordan didn't really deliver a whole lot for UCF.

Nike did jump in and provide equipment when we were in a pinch after we stood by Marcus that he could wear Nike shoes. So, that was good.

But Nike but has never paid UCF any cash like a lot of schools get. Even Cincinnati gets $1 million cash each year from Under Armor in addition to the $1.6 million of equipment they receive.

I don't get it either, but I'm not a 17 year old football player... It's impossible to ignore that recruits love nike and cool looking uniforms... hence why they all post pics in our space uniforms whenever they visit.

If adidas offers more money, I'm about the Benjamins. It's money we could give Gus when he gets a phone call at the end of the season when we win a NY6

ADVERTISEMENT