ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the šŸ’° & complacency/ NIL

Guinness_Knight

Five-Star Recruit
Oct 19, 2009
As some have said, KJ didnā€™t look fired up; seemed to go through the motions. If true, and he just cashed inā€¦then more tweaks to NIL deals need to be implemented.

It would be interesting if there were separate NIL funds that were performance based. I have never contributed to NIL funding and the KJ performance solidified it for me. I simply hate the idea of throwing unearned money at 18 year old kids that havenā€™t done anything to deserve it.

However, performance based contributions would be interesting.

Reactions: Yaes
"KJ didnā€™t look fired up"

Post game interview KJ mentions body language. Darin Hinshaw obvously has beat that into him to not act high or low no matter what. Good play, suckee play...act like you are okay and portray no big deal, next play mentality.

He knows he played poorly. How can you not? Fumblitis, stupid easy interception, missing receivers. Qb ranking super low.

I guarantee that KJ is not just going thru the motions and cashing in. No competitor does that. It will be interesting game 2 how he responds to all the negativity (and rightfully so). A true great Qb/leader will respond and play better. Or, as Bianchi says, "OR ELSE"...

In KJ We Trust.

Iā€™m hoping heā€™s not going through the motions, but drive/competitiveness is on a spectrum. Cashing in and leaning towards complacency does happen. Happens all the time in the fight game. Hungry young fighters who eat, sleep, live to train and prepareā€¦then get paid; get fat; get beat.

Not saying this is KJ at all. Just addressing a scenario that may or may not be an alternative option to the current situation.

Reactions: tjb74 and connerito

Post game interview KJ mentions body language. Darin Hinshaw obvously has beat that into him to not act high or low no matter what. Good play, suckee play...act like you are okay and portray no big deal, next play mentality.

He knows he played poorly. How can you not? Fumblitis, stupid easy interception, missing receivers. Qb ranking super low.

I guarantee that KJ is not just going thru the motions and cashing in. No competitor does that. It will be interesting game 2 how he responds to all the negativity (and rightfully so). A true great Qb/leader will respond and play better. Or, as Bianchi says, "OR ELSE"...

In KJ We Trust.
I hope so. He needs to bring his Gainesville game with him from last year ( Arkansas v Florida) this year This team has way more talent then Arkansas had We are loaded at the skill positions and our DC is a big upgrade. A lot depends on KJ.

Reactions: PositYourself

In KJ We Trust.
I don't think we saw a competitor in that game.

I don't think we saw a competitor in that game.
KJ Jefferson has not looked the part since heā€™s been at UCF. KJ Jefferson has not played well in years now. Heā€™s getting $350K from UCF NIL donors.

I actually don't think it's complacency, I think it's very hard for a one and done mercenary to come in, and in five months, comprehend the whole offensive scheme of a new team.

If you look at several of these transfer portal quarterbacks and their play last week, it was not good. Grayson Mccall did not have a great game, nor did Riley Leonard. Heck Malachi Nelson the former #1 recruit in 2023 and backup at USC got beat out after transferring to Boise State.

Reactions: 90Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT