ADVERTISEMENT

Gilyard

UCF_99_Grad

Three-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2002
Did he play at all last night, I don't remember seeing him. I thought we would need him.

Anyone know how many games he's played in, maybe we're trying to redshirt him? Or maybe just trying to play some seniors more for seniors night?

Also, I don't think I saw Otis Anderson after that big hit (looked like it should have been targeting). Any news on his status?

I didn’t see him either. We could have used him at the beginning of the game to run down Ridder. Too many QB runs for good yardage. He ran the ball 20 times.

He may be considered a dual-threat, but he looked slow to me.

Cincinnati really didn’t have any playmakers with gamebreaking speed. They had no long passing game. At times, it seemed like it was all Warren.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Did he play at all last night, I don't remember seeing him. I thought we would need him.

Anyone know how many games he's played in, maybe we're trying to redshirt him? Or maybe just trying to play some seniors more for seniors night?

Also, I don't think I saw Otis Anderson after that big hit (looked like it should have been targeting). Any news on his status?
his mom tweeted that he left in a boot

Gilyard registered a tackle in every game this year EXCEPT against Cinci so his redshirt was burned already. Of course, I would’ve liked Gilyard in there as well because Jasinski was outrun by Ridder several times (especially in the first quarter).

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Might need to get to the bottom of a Gilyard injury. Will need him the last 3 games

his mom tweeted that he left in a boot
He has had a rough season and seems to be the only player on a team that hasn't lost in 701 days to be unhappy and constantly complaining publicly(hope he is a Knight for 3-4 years but I get transfer vibes from him). I was big on the 'get Otis more touches' train earlier this season but he has just struggled. I hope the injury isn't too serious.

Reactions: JAFFX2
He has had a rough season and seems to be the only player on a team that hasn't lost in 701 days to be unhappy and constantly complaining publicly(hope he is a Knight for 3-4 years but I get transfer vibes from him). I was big on the 'get Otis more touches' train earlier this season but he has just struggled. I hope the injury isn't too serious.
Not sure what to make of his Tweets. Certainly his mother isn’t helping. He’s used up 2 years of eligibility and his senior year will be without Killins. Hope he stays, but he ha a lot of growing up to do.

Not sure what to make of his Tweets. Certainly his mother isn’t helping. He’s used up 2 years of eligibility and his senior year will be without Killins. Hope he stays, but he ha a lot of growing up to do.
Yeah he’s definitely a weird follow, some days he seems real happy and dome the opposite.
He’s on the field a ton, probably more than last season, but his usage is just down a crap ton.
I don’t want him to transfer bc I think he’s really good, but I honestly think it might be best for him.
Definitely needs to mature, but don’t forget these guys are all trying to play at the next level and that’s hard to do when you don’t exactly get the opportunity to show you can, especially at a “non P5 school”.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yeah he’s definitely a weird follow, some days he seems real happy and dome the opposite.
He’s on the field a ton, probably more than last season, but his usage is just down a crap ton.
I don’t want him to transfer bc I think he’s really good, but I honestly think it might be best for him.
Definitely needs to mature, but don’t forget these guys are all trying to play at the next level and that’s hard to do when you don’t exactly get the opportunity to show you can, especially at a “non P5 school”.

I think he's shown he's a special player, I wish he'd get more touches too. Milton missed him twice in the Cincy game, one looked like it was Otis' fault.

I think he's shown he's a special player, I wish he'd get more touches too. Milton missed him twice in the Cincy game, one looked like it was Otis' fault.
I think I know the play, he looked like he stopped his route short while Milton was trying to lead him. If he would have kept going it would have been a huge gain.

Reactions: muckdawg24
I think I know the play, he looked like he stopped his route short while Milton was trying to lead him. If he would have kept going it would have been a huge gain.
I just got to that play while charting... MM thought he was going to keep going, but I think Otis was right. Sat right in the middle of the 3 people in zone, one to left, right and behind, would've been an easy first down.
I think if Otis ran a seam like MM thought he probably makes the catch but gets clobbered

Reactions: Kn1ghTZ
I just got to that play while charting... MM thought he was going to keep going, but I think Otis was right. Sat right in the middle of the 3 people in zone, one to left, right and behind, would've been an easy first down.
I think if Otis ran a seam like MM thought he probably makes the catch but gets clobbered

I thought the route looked a slant, and OA just stopped and sat down in coverage.

Also if your QB is expecting you to run a certain route, you don't break off like it's the NFL, you run the GD route.

Last edited:
See this is why we need you. Otherwise I'd have to rely on my drunk/stressed memory.

I thought the route looked a slant, and OA just stopped and sat down in coverage.

Also if your QB is expecting you to run a certain route, you don't break off like it's the NFL, you run the GD route.
Otis ran a curl , KZ threw a seam/go, my guess is it was an option route... common principle against zone is find the soft spot and sit which is what Otis was trying to do. If it was an option route, I'd say Otis was right, if it was a designed seam, that's what KZ threw, not sure it would've been completed. If he was able to sit in the pocket it's a first down. Also, by Heupel's reaction it looked like he was questioning KZ, I think Heupel knew the call, us we have no idea and never will haha. There were a couple of miscommunications on routes in this game and I think some of it had to do with KZ feeling the pressure and having to get rid of the ball quicker than he wanted to.

We'll I just wrote this and went to take a screenshot and it looks like KZ threw a post/slant really tough to tell what would've happened, looks like it could've went for a TD, but hard to tell what would've happened.

Reactions: muckdawg24
I thought it could of went for a td as well if he didn't stop but then again the play was going away from me and I was in the corner of the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT