ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we fixed our Defense

I think this is the best crop of receivers we’ve had as a total unit in our existence.
you do know we had Trequan and Gabe at the same time. Do you think we have another pair of mid round NFL receivers playing right now? I think Flash could be, and Marlon is really good although idk if the scouts are watching him

Williams , Robinson and Nixon are better than any other 3 on same team. Setting records here. That’s 3 NFL guys on same team. They will be better than Gabe and Smith and Sims Walker in NFL collectively as well.

Williams , Robinson and Nixon are better than any other 3 on same team. Setting records here. That’s 3 NFL guys on same team. They will be better than Gabe and Smith and Sims Walker in NFL collectively as well.
No way! Gabe and Smith are solid NFL receivers. Marlon and Flash still have a lot to prove

Our defense has good size and talent. I know they are working hard in practice and doing their best in game.
They need to be esting and sleeping enough too. A ~250 kcal caloric surplus and 9+ hours of sleep every night. Limiting calories to try to stay too light and lean will reduce recovery and 8 hours of sleep is not enough.

Reactions: Yaes
Our defense has good size and talent. I know they are working hard in practice and doing their best in game.
They need to be esting and sleeping enough too. A ~250 kcal caloric surplus and 9+ hours of sleep every night. Limiting calories to try to stay too light and lean will reduce recovery and 8 hours of sleep is not enough.
To flush out the idea- this needs to be complimented by slowing down the offense to help the defense as well.

Trequan, Snelson, Gabe and Marlon were all on the Natty team together. Right?
Akins technically too. TE but he’s been decent for Texans when not injured. I just think Nixon and Robinson will be better overall going forward.

Trequan, Snelson, Gabe and Marlon were all on the Natty team together. Right?
Yeah. Trequan had a monster year. Snelson was second on the team in receiving with nearly 700 yards. Also Akins was on that team and was awesome that year. Gabe and Marlon were true Freshman but looked good in limited time.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Our defense is pretty much garbage and it isn't going to get much better going forward. It just means any game could be a win or a loss. No gimmes. I don't think you can count on 700 yards of offense and 50 points every game but I guess we'll find out.

To flush out the idea- this needs to be complimented by slowing down the offense to help the defense as well.
I don't think that has been that easy to do. It's usually to runs and a pass. And DG connects on a lot of pass with our receivers. And oh how I like those TE passes over the middle. Now if you me stop going fast and furious, I don't know how I would feel about that. If you think about it, the two games we lost came after half after defense had time to rest.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I enjoyed the first half of the Tulane game. I have also realized the Knights have a defense similar to BYU of 1980’s. Score 50 and hopefully, we can keep the opponent to 35. The Knights defense must be of the opinion that every opposing running back and wide receiver is going to fall to the ground after initial contact. That’s a terrible approach to defense.

And yet, it seemed no one in this room, except me, was confident that we would be just fine at wide receiver despite Gabe Davis departing for the NFL. There was/is an incalculable inability to foresee future production.

Trequan had to be a star on an undefeated team and Gabe had to break UCF records, both made big plays in NY6 games and they still only went 3rd and 4th round. You think these three have the same amount of eyeballs watching them? not winning at the same level, not breaking records yet.
Robinson being young I think he has potential to turn into a star and rise on boards but idk if collectively they will be in the league

Trequan had to be a star on an undefeated team and Gabe had to break UCF records, both made big plays in NY6 games and they still only went 3rd and 4th round. You think these three have the same amount of eyeballs watching them? not winning at the same level, not breaking records yet.
Robinson being young I think he has potential to turn into a star and rise on boards but idk if collectively they will be in the league
If you are good there are eyes on you. You know what school the 3rd best QB in the eyes of scouts goes to this year?

Yes. Most people still have never heard of him. And won’t for a few months.
I watched their (single) game this year and he did look good! The announcers talked him up quite a bit and echoed your statements.

In general I agree with your point that NFL scouts don't care about what level of cfb an athlete comes from. They aren't letting millions of dollars slip through the cracks because they're too lazy to look at "G5", FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, construction sites, or even the local jail yard (I kid) ...but I do think some guys who aren't actually "the best" get benefit from playing for Bama, Clemson, etc. Of course they fizzle out.

There is a ton of talent on this offense and defense. I'm not a talent guru at all but in my limited view I could see at least 3 WRs, 3 DBs, a QB, 2 DEs, and an OL or two eventually getting paid by the NFL at least a little.

Looking forward to all of these guys chasing their dreams and getting everything they can out of life. In football or otherwise. It's cool seeing Aaron Evans' art work and occasionally seeing what older guys are up to.

I think the reasons you see many big programs qbs/rbs fizzle out(other than the fact that a majority of players are out of the league by the end of their first contract) is Alabama QBs and Rbs barely get any rush, or are 10 yards down field before first contact. Playing behind a superior line, and rarely playing from behind does these guys no favors when they get drafted to the Jets.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT