ADVERTISEMENT

Good article on fake national championship

If I was the almighty ruler of the FBS, I would proclaim an 8 team playoff. Seeded and filled in this order:
1) conference champs of 14 team or larger conferences.
2) AP top 25 ranked conference champions
3) Independents ranked in the AP top25
4) at-large by AP top25

If we have 7 conferences of 14+ teams, playoffs automatically expand to 12.

If I was the almighty ruler of the FBS, I would proclaim an 8 team playoff. Seeded and filled in this order:
4) at-large by AP top25

CFP Really needs to expand four team playoff is a joke! :sunglasses:

The last 2 years the Big10 Teams in the Playoff got blown out in the Semifinal but they say UCF should never get a chance

Last edited:
4) at-large by AP top25

Makes sense to have conference champs of the power 5. Top group of 5 team and 2 at large.

Makes sense to have conference champs of the power 5. Top group of 5 team and 2 at large.
Why should the winner of the 10 team Big12 be guaranteed a spot? What if Oklahoma and Oklahoma State left. Should an 8 team Big12 get a guaranteed spot, because they are "power"?

Marc Daniels said it right on his show last week. "It's not a playoff system, its an invitational!" The only inclusion criteria is that you have to be a P5 program.

If Alabama wins the "Championship Invitational" game and UCF beats Auburn then it will really show how stupid the playoff invitational system is.

UCF would then be the only undefeated team and will have beaten the only team to beat Alabama. That is essentially like winning the playoffs without an invitation.

Imagine a committee trying to pick the Final Four teams in basketball from the Sweet 16. The odds are in favor of them never getting it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
If Alabama wins the "Championship Invitational" game and UCF beats Auburn then it will really show how stupid the playoff invitational system is.

UCF would then be the only undefeated team and will have beaten the only team to beat Alabama. That is which is essentially like winning the playoff without an invitation.

Imagine a committee trying to pick the Final Four teams in basketball from the pool of 64. The odds are in favor of them never getting it right.
Auburn is also the only team to beat Georgia who is in the CFI.

This is why I'm pulling for an Alabama-Georgia NC game. And, then after we beat Auburn, and we will beat Auburn, the NC game will be for 2nd place. Hopefully the Coach and AP poll, if they even do a poll after bowl season should rank UCF #1. Go Knights!

Reactions: Psycho Jim
It's just stupid, I don't know why we can't just follow FCS plan, or something close to it. If you don't expand that much, I'd guarantee G5 a spot plus in the slight chance that 2 or more G5 go undefeated, all undefeated teams get in.

It's just stupid, I don't know why we can't just follow FCS plan, or something close to it. If you don't expand that much, I'd guarantee G5 a spot plus in the slight chance that 2 or more G5 go undefeated, all undefeated teams get in.

Really, you can't think of any reason why?
espnfootballplayoffs.jpg

UCF would then be the only undefeated team and will have beaten the only team to beat Alabama. That is essentially like winning the playoffs without an invitation.

Imagine a committee trying to pick the Final Four teams in basketball from the Sweet 16. The odds are in favor of them never getting it right.
I'll be rooting for UGA to win it all, because I don't want Baker Mayfield to be our coach in 2034

Hopefully the Coach and AP poll, if they even do a poll after bowl season should rank UCF #1.

The coaches are contractually obligated to vote the winner of the College Football Playoff as the national champion. The rest of the rankings can be however they please.

The AP voters can vote any school they want at any position on their ballot. I am in the process of gathering the names and contact info of all AP voters. I will engage a couple of them soon (a few that seem the most receptive) to see if they would consider voting UCF #1 if we beat Auburn.

After seeing any feedback from the first few AP voters I will let people know and we can expand the campaign.

Reactions: Psycho Jim
If we beat Auburn, the transitive properties to a national championship are as follows.

UCF beat Auburn who beat Alabama
UCF beat Auburn who beat Georgia
UCF beat Maryland who beat Texas who beat Iowa State who beat Oklahoma
UCF beat Navy who beat Florida Atlantic who beat Middle Tennessee who beat Syracuse who beat Clemson

Best chance for a shared title would be if Alabama or Georgia win the CFI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT