ADVERTISEMENT

Google employees walk out in protest

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...response-sexual-misconduct-claims/1843198002/
https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/google-walkout-organizers-explain-demands.html

1. An end to Forced Arbitration
2. A commitment to end pay and opportunity inequity
3. A publicly disclosed sexual harassment transparency report
4. A clear, uniform, globally inclusive process for reporting sexual misconduct
5.Promote the Chief Diversity Officer to answer directly to the CEO
5a. In addition, appoint an Employee Representative to the Board.

itll be interesting to see if they do anything about their 5 demands or not.

Reactions: UCFBS
Ah yes. Self proclaimed left wing warrior CEOs being challenged by their Bernie Bro left wing programmers and engineers. Which side will emerge as the most Woke with the claim to SJW of the Tech Industry?

Why are you here then?

I can't speak for NK, but I'm here for the daily laughs you and the other Usual Suspects here provide. It's a damn comedy gold mine. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to engage in some intellectually-challenging and thought-provoking debates but the Red Hats here appear to have nothing to offer beyond regurgitating the GOP's standard campaign playbook rhetoric on cue.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I can't speak for NK, but I'm here for the daily laughs you and the other Usual Suspects here provide. It's a damn comedy gold mine. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to engage in some intellectually-challenging and thought-provoking debates but the Red Hats here appear to have nothing to offer beyond regurgitating the GOP's standard campaign playbook rhetoric on cue.

100% this. Wish I could like this post twice. The idiocy displayed here is fuking hilarious. How some of you people manage to go about your lives with the level of stupidity and overt racism displayed on here is mind boggling. I'm 99% sure most of you are trolling, because no one can be this stupid and actually survive, but it's entertaining either way.

I hope you understand that not only do I view you as unworthy to engage in a discussion, I believe you’re a f’ing moron.

I hope you understand that not only do I view you as unworthy to engage in a discussion, I believe you’re a f’ing moron.

How many times do I have to point this out to you? The truth doesn't give a shit what you believe. The truth is you are a racist piece of shit as evidenced by your posts on here, and DS is significantly smarter than you.

These are not my beliefs, they are observable facts. Try to learn the difference.

Also I can't wait for that little hypocrite wayne to report my post, and "like" gal's.

LOL Okay, I take it all back. You're all a bunch of Einsteins when it comes to discussing the issues of the day as your insightful rebuttal has proven. :)

I love how gal just proved our point. There is something hilarious about a literal racist calling intelligent people "f'ing morons".

You really can't make this stuff up. It's hilarious.

Youre a walking DNC talking point and yet you’re have the nerve to post this shit. God get lost alrrady

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...response-sexual-misconduct-claims/1843198002/
https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/google-walkout-organizers-explain-demands.html

1. An end to Forced Arbitration
2. A commitment to end pay and opportunity inequity
3. A publicly disclosed sexual harassment transparency report
4. A clear, uniform, globally inclusive process for reporting sexual misconduct
5.Promote the Chief Diversity Officer to answer directly to the CEO
5a. In addition, appoint an Employee Representative to the Board.

itll be interesting to see if they do anything about their 5 demands or not.
West coast companies, especially Orange County Entertainment and Bay Area Tech companies, are notorious for not following their own, political views, while judging everyone else.

I got so tired of this in so many other companies. Too many literally consider cities like Orlando to be white trash and backwards, and say no one would want to live there. The arrogance while sitting in their glass castles is baffling, especially when they've been literally nowhere else, and don't understand much.

Google is now having its reckoning.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I got so tired of this in so many other companies. Too many literally consider cities like Orlando to be white trash and backwards, and say no one would want to live there. The arrogance while sitting in their glass castles is baffling, especially when they've been literally nowhere else, and don't understand much
Self fulfilling prophecy. Where's the skyline?

Self fulfilling prophecy. Where's the skyline?
Well, a couple of hours outside the Bay area, it is quite beautiful. And some of them enjoy those areas too. But they don't realize ... they also exist elsewhere too. In fact, they go 'out-of-their-way' to insult people in those other areas as 'not being the same.'

They are the ultimate example of people who always see others as different ... instead of seeing the same that we all, often share.

Well, a couple of hours outside the Bay area, it is quite beautiful. And some of them enjoy those areas too. But they don't realize ... they also exist elsewhere too. In fact, they go 'out-of-their-way' to insult people in those other areas as 'not being the same.'

They are the ultimate example of people who always see others as different ... instead of seeing the same that we all, often share.
Waiting for Church Street West to fulfill its promise of making that side of Downtown Orlando look vibrant.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Why does any company need a Chief Diversity Officer?

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite:

Silicon Valley companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have had CDOs since 2016. The reason these industry-leading companies hired Chief Diversity Officers is because they’ve found that their previous lack of diversity led to a stall in creative innovations and a static trend in revenue. A recent survey by McKinsey & Company found that diverse companies not only outperformed competitors but experienced 15 percent more profitability.

https://mondo.com/blog-tech-companies-hire-a-chief-diversity-officer/

Awareness of the business case for inclusion and diversity is on the rise. While social justice typically is the initial impetus behind these efforts, companies have increasingly begun to regard inclusion and diversity as a source of competitive advantage, and specifically as a key enabler of growth. Yet progress on diversification initiatives has been slow. And companies are still uncertain about how they can most effectively use diversity and inclusion to support their growth and value-creation goals.

Our latest study of diversity in the workplace, Delivering through diversity, reaffirms the global relevance of the link between diversity—defined as a greater proportion of women and a more mixed ethnic and cultural composition in the leadership of large companies—and company financial outperformance. The new analysis expands on our 2015 report, Why diversity matters, by drawing on an enlarged data set of more than 1,000 companies covering 12 countries, measuring not only profitability (in terms of earnings before interest and taxes, or EBIT) but also longer-term value creation (or economic profit), exploring diversity at different levels of the organization, considering a broader understanding of diversity (beyond gender and ethnicity), and providing insight into best practices.

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/delivering-through-diversity

Can't wait to see all the anti SJW responses from the brilliant business minds of the WC.

Silicon Valley companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have had CDOs since 2016. The reason these industry-leading companies hired Chief Diversity Officers is because they’ve found that their previous lack of diversity led to a stall in creative innovations and a static trend in revenue. A recent survey by McKinsey & Company found that diverse companies not only outperformed competitors but experienced 15 percent more profitability.

Awareness of the business case for inclusion and diversity is on the rise. While social justice typically is the initial impetus behind these efforts, companies have increasingly begun to regard inclusion and diversity as a source of competitive advantage, and specifically as a key enabler of growth. Yet progress on diversification initiatives has been slow. And companies are still uncertain about how they can most effectively use diversity and inclusion to support their growth and value-creation goals.

Our latest study of diversity in the workplace, Delivering through diversity, reaffirms the global relevance of the link between diversity—defined as a greater proportion of women and a more mixed ethnic and cultural composition in the leadership of large companies—and company financial outperformance. The new analysis expands on our 2015 report, Why diversity matters, by drawing on an enlarged data set of more than 1,000 companies covering 12 countries, measuring not only profitability (in terms of earnings before interest and taxes, or EBIT) but also longer-term value creation (or economic profit), exploring diversity at different levels of the organization, considering a broader understanding of diversity (beyond gender and ethnicity), and providing insight into best practices.

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/delivering-through-diversity

Can't wait to see all the anti SJW responses from the brilliant business minds of the WC.
Thank you for posting this. I am not trolling and would like to have the discussion without being called a racist for asking the question.

I’m not against diversity. I would hope that we are at a point in time where we don’t need an executive-level diversity officer in order for companies to hire, promote, and treat people based on their skills and character and not exclude people on any characteristic that would classify as diversity. I suppose I’m too optimistic or naive.

I work for a large company and with other large companies and have never worked with anyone that has exhibited discrimination in their hiring or work practices. I have hired a diverse group for my teams, as have the others I have worked with. It’s anecdotal, sure, but that doesn’t invalidate my experiences. Maybe we’re the unicorn, maybe not.

Yea- most large corporation HR departments are already tasked with objectives based on the McKinsey study (and others). I know as fact that our HR department has diversity objectives that directly reference the recommendations of the study.

A CDO may be a nice thing for these tech giants to have - and they can pay for yet another corporate officer with their mountains of cash. But it’s far from being needed if you have a competent HR department that is tasked with diversifying the workforce.

It was a legit question , not sure why the hostility

My fault for being cautious around these parts. Yall created this environment!

ADVERTISEMENT