ADVERTISEMENT

Google News has gone full TDS

Bob the Citronaut

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
I used to frequent Google News quite often throughout the day but now they seem to have disabled the preferences and tons of lefty propaganda articles are splattered across the page from Daily Beast, Salon, HuffPo, WaPo, Slate, Heavy, etc.

They were pretty even keeled until a couple weeks ago. Sad! Looks like they are going full in on brainwashing the country.

Lol you’re right. The shit tier blog ThinkProgress is the #1 link under US “news”.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Lol you’re right. The shit tier blog ThinkProgress is the #1 link under US “news”.

It's incredible how you've been able to just be so amazingly consistently incorrect in every single post you make. I'm honestly amazed.

Agreed. I got a single NPR hit as #3 on one single subject. They are marginalizing NPR now too. Not radical enough.

Real talk: i opened mine, first story is CNN, the rest are a mixture of tech blogs like Engadget and ars texhnica, auto blogs like jalopink, sports stuff and local news. So looks like you are freaking out for no reason.

Who you gonna switch too? Boycott Google.

Never called for a boycott, I'm not an unstable nutjob. They provide a lot of good things. Twitter will work just as well, just a little more skimming. They hate conservatives too but they don't bombard me with unwanted lefty propaganda.

Never called for a boycott, I'm not an unstable nutjob. They provide a lot of good things. Twitter will work just as well, just a little more skimming. They hate conservatives too but they don't bombard me with unwanted lefty propaganda.

Well that depends who you follow. Can you no subscribe to certain news outlets on Google News?

Well that depends who you follow. Can you no subscribe to certain news outlets on Google News?

They used to have that feature and all my blocks are still in my settings but they're all now popping up in the top 5 stories. I have FAUX BUSINESS!!! and FAUX NEWS!!! in my follow list for example and they are no where to be found like ABC, Reuters, Business Journal still are and I still have to search for those. I liked getting a mix from the big networks, now it's all TDS articles.

They used to have that feature and all my blocks are still in my settings but they're all now popping up in the top 5 stories. I have FAUX BUSINESS!!! and FAUX NEWS!!! in my follow list for example and they are no where to be found like ABC, Reuters, Business Journal still are and I still have to search for those. I liked getting a mix from the big networks, now it's all TDS articles.

Probably user error, or you are just thinking anything other than Fox News is "ZOMG TDS!!!" It seemed to do a great job of giving me a wide variety of articles that were relevant to my interests, very very few of which are political.

Phone is still good but it seems that's always been based on browser history so it really doesn't add much new stuff. It's just the desktop site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT