ADVERTISEMENT

Google Sought To Leverage Search Results To Harm Trump's Agenda

Why do you continue to hate capitalism so much?

I personally don't give a shit if every leftie tech company in Palo Alto decides to sabotage anything conservative related, but they just need to stop lying and telling us what even sided guardians of truth and free expression they are. As if they're this noble public utility just here to provide a public service.

At least the Twitter CEO took a step forward in ending the charade by admitting that conservatives who work at Twitter fear sharing their opinions with other coworkers.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
why do you hate free speech so much?

This has nothing to do with free speech. Google is not the government, it can censor anything it wants. Whether that looks good or not is a different question.

I personally don't give a shit if every leftie tech company in Palo Alto decides to sabotage anything conservative related, but they just need to stop lying and telling us what even sided guardians of truth and free expression they are. As if they're this noble public utility just here to provide a public service.

At least the Twitter CEO took a step forward in ending the charade by admitting that conservatives who work at Twitter fear sharing their opinions with other coworkers.

Similar to what I said above, they are under no obligation to. But you're perfectly entitled to feel that they should and no longer use their service.

This has nothing to do with free speech. Google is not the government, it can censor anything it wants. Whether that looks good or not is a different question.

Similar to what I said above, they are under no obligation to. But you're perfectly entitled to feel that they should and no longer use their service.
like ive said numerous times. i agree with you. but these services are almost utilities now days. if they keep this up, they will start to have regulations placed on them. i dont really want to see that.

It's as if you don't even read the post you're responding to. I AGREED with you, but simply added that if they're going to continue behaving this way, they also need to drop the lying and charade of being a neutral public utility that has no agenda.

We had this problem at Red Hat as well.

I don't know how many times I had to 'educate' my co-workers on 'channeling' their agenda through 'positive activism' without calling for violating the 1st Amendment rights of others, let alone putting the company into a serious situation of liability.

E.g., after the Chicago - Chick-fil-A situation, there was a mass call for a corporate statement on Chick-fil-A. Talk about serious liability issues! Luckily the ACLU issued 'governance' and that killed most -- but not all -- of the whiners. A few were stupid enough to start taking issue with the ACLU statement.

Got an 'atta-boy' from some in legal for posting the ACLU statement internally, killing most of what was becoming a serious situation for them. Illiberals don't care about facts or rights, and they will assume what they want, not what was stated. They believe only people they agree with should be protected by rights.

Illiberals don't care about facts or rights, and they will assume what they want, not what was stated. They believe only people they agree with should be protected by rights.

Riiight. This is why liberals hate science, math, and higher education...and why their belief systems are faith based and revolve aground the church. Oh wait...*

Riiight. This is why liberals hate science, math, and higher education...and why their belief systems are faith based and revolve aground the church. Oh wait...*
As a degreed engineer, I can attest that illiberal "Progressives" do not need church to have "blind faith" in science, math and other "higher education." They can be fed BS they believe because someone else said it was "science."

E.g., did you vote for Florida Solar in the last election? If not, are you against Solar or something? ;)

We must remain educated to be free. Most Americans don't even understand the basic math and science they are told by others (US media) who didn't even major in any science either. That's the problem.

The number of right-wingers who are using the church to ignore real issues are not as numerous as you believe. In fact, every time I start talking about the poor environmental policies of the Obama administration, I get labeled a "religions right winger."

By people who never had a single environmental engineering class in their degree.

We must remain educated to be free. Most Americans don't even understand the basic math and science they are told by others (US media) who didn't even major in any science either. That's the problem.

Exactly. And the ones who are educated in math and science are more likely to be LIBERAL.

Exactly. And the ones who are educated in math and science are more likely to be LIBERAL.
Define "Liberal"?

I'm a true Liberal, a Libertarian. Most Democrats have gone full illiberal, and no longer believe in an actual, Liberal agenda.

But since you're a "Liberal," explain to me how Obama's environmental policies worked? Start with cap'n trade and move on to where the US' 8% reduction in CO2 came from. Also tell me about pipelines and how they should or shouldn't be allows.

Let's debate ... like Liberals. ;)

Define "Liberal"?

I'm a true Liberal, a Libertarian. Most Democrats have gone full illiberal, and no longer believe in an actual, Liberal agenda.

But since you're a "Liberal," explain to me how Obama's environmental policies worked? Start with cap'n trade and move on to where the US' 8% reduction in CO2 came from. Also tell me about pipelines and how they should or shouldn't be allows.

Nice try. You can’t hijack the word liberal while supporting almost all right wing ideas and regularly bashing liberal/progressive Democrats and supporting anti-science/conservative Republicans. Well, you can, you’ll just look ridiculous.

Define "Liberal"?

Stop shilling for Trump.

Reactions: bluechip12
Nice try. You can’t hijack the word liberal while supporting almost all right wing ideas
Huh? Please state the "right wing ideas" I support?! Can you please state specifics?!

and regularly bashing liberal/progressive Democrats
When they are based on assumption and not facts and logic, yes, I will. Just like I lambast Republicans who say climate change is not happening or not man made.

Yes ...
  • I do believe climate change is happening, and ...
  • I do believe it is man-made, plus ...
  • I do believe we have to reduce our impact
The problem? The left agenda is actually increasing impact, in worse ways! Especially when it destroys mom'n pop. Guess what? Bernie Sanders also points this out too!!! That's what I'm taking issue with!

So ... are we going to actually talk specifics? Or are you going to assume and make yourself look like a fool? I love it when people tell me about electric cars and efficiency and other things ... not that I studied that (oh wait, I did!).

and supporting anti-science/conservative Republicans.
Yep, instead of actually engaging in debate on specific items, you're now labeling a right-winger that just blindly believes. Hmmm, interesting how that 'blind faith assumption' seems to work like you don't think it does.

Well, you can, you’ll just look ridiculous.
Yes, I look ridiculous because I want to talk specifics. And that's the thing ...

The "environmental policy" of the United States is now based on assumptions, instead of facts. Everyone else builds national pipelines ... except the US. Why is that? And that's just for starters.

Nice try. You can’t hijack the word liberal while supporting almost all right wing ideas and regularly bashing liberal/progressive Democrats and supporting anti-science/conservative Republicans. Well, you can, you’ll just look ridiculous.
hes referring to the historical meaning of the word "liberal" and not today's definition, ie a classical liberal.

I don’t know that that overgeneralization is true. Certainly the ones that remain in academia will identify as democrats and possibly progressive/liberal. But there’s a whole range of people who are math and science educated that actually produce things for a living that are going to identify as Republican or conservative/libertarian.

Reactions: UCFWayne
What about those who are most likely to track down and assault people on a message board?

Also LIBERAL?

Well, you seem pretty damn conservative and track down people’s wives to do who knows what to them, so I guess not.

Well, you seem pretty damn conservative and track down people’s wives to do who knows what to them, so I guess not.

Lol- total redirect and recycling one of Ninjas insane lies. Fail, yet again. My god you’re a psycho.

Don’t track anyone down after this k?

About half of Red Hat thinks I'm a religious right winger. Half of progressives just assume things about everyone. If you disagree with them at all, you are religious right wingers and watch Fox News.

And that's why Trump won. Why the Brexit happened. Why there's been a surge in support for conservative candidates. Alienate people and they will have little else to turn to.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT