ADVERTISEMENT

Got Our PITT Tix!

CBlackwellRN

Silver Knight
Oct 21, 2001
Orlando, Florida
drchristopherblackwell.com
Single football game tickets went on-sale Monday through Pitt Athletics. I was able to score Dad and I two tickets right on the 50-yard line (section 110), 26 rows up on the lower level of the visitor’s side for $112 total. I also got us a great deal @ the Grand Wyndham Downtown Pittsburgh ($114/nt.) and an SUV through Hotwire ($99 w/ tax for the wknd). Our flight out of Tampa (Dad lives over there) was also dirt cheap on Southwest. Looking-forward to cheering on the Knights against the Panthers with many of you in Pittsburgh!

Single football game tickets went on-sale Monday through Pitt Athletics. I was able to score Dad and I two tickets right on the 50-yard line (section 110), 26 rows up on the lower level of the visitor’s side for $112 total. I also got us a great deal @ the Grand Wyndham Downtown Pittsburgh ($114/nt.) and an SUV through Hotwire ($99 w/ tax for the wknd). Our flight out of Tampa (Dad lives over there) was also dirt cheap on Southwest. Looking-forward to cheering on the Knights against the Panthers with many of you in Pittsburgh!
Awesome! I need to get my tickets too.

The only thing though is that I checked out that Wyndham (seriously considered it) and it has a lot of bad reviews and issues. Please correct me if I’m wrong

Reactions: UCFhonors
Awesome hope it's a great trip! I just got my tickets to the Tulsa game. Going with my girl and mom. Decided to get the best seats I could because I found them on the 50 yard line, 3rd row for $26. Looking forward to sitting right behind the bench and seeing the team up close!

Thread title translation:
images

images

Went with the Wyndham. It’s juat too reasonably priced ($111 nightly) and the location is perfect. Everything else is nearly $200 and up. No breakfast and I’ll take my chance on the poor room reviews. I see tickets are very reasonably priced. Probably will get those today around the same spot.

Awesome hope it's a great trip! I just got my tickets to the Tulsa game. Going with my girl and mom. Decided to get the best seats I could because I found them on the 50 yard line, 3rd row for $26. Looking forward to sitting right behind the bench and seeing the team up close!
Great seats and price for Tulsa!

Got my tickets to Pittsburgh game. Section 110, Row E. Visitors side. Probably around the 45-46 yard-line.

$92 on Stubhub with all the fees. There were very good seats for $20-$30 less, but I like to be close to the field.

Probably won’t be able to get this close for under $60-$70 later, so I just finalized the trip.

Nice congrats on sealing the deal! Does it feel like there's more legitimate questions about our potential success this season than last?

I'm stressing about our performance against FAMU!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Went with the Wyndham. It’s juat too reasonably priced ($111 nightly) and the location is perfect. Everything else is nearly $200 and up. No breakfast and I’ll take my chance on the poor room reviews. I see tickets are very reasonably priced. Probably will get those today around the same spot.
Perfect! Hope to see you there Mike. As for the reviews, if it sucks, we'll bitch! lol

Which section? Stubhub shows a Pitt side and a “visitor” side - that can’t be right can it? Holy high school
They don’t sell out so they don’t stick visiting fans in corners. That could just be visitors sideline anyway. Not necessarily where they make people sit.

Which section? Stubhub shows a Pitt side and a “visitor” side - that can’t be right can it? Holy high school
Section 110. The visitors side. It’s pretty awesome. You’re in an NFL stadium and right behind the bench for under $100, because they don’t sellout and the visitor side is OUR home side

More importantly, it’s not close like FAU, so we aren’t bringing 10-20,000.

I think that they sell beer

Section 110. The visitors side. It’s pretty awesome. You’re in an NFL stadium and right behind the bench for under $100, because they don’t sellout and the visitor side is OUR home side

More importantly, it’s not close like FAU, so we aren’t bringing 10-20,000.

I think that they sell beer
Iron City Beer.

Iron City Beer.
Thanks. I’m there!!

I took off Friday (I never take off), but unfortunately they moved my flight back landing about 12:30 now

Once I get checked into the hotel, I’m out the door for some major eating and drinking all over the place. Hopefully there is a game on Friday night and we have a later start on Saturday.

Love road trips

Thanks. I’m there!!

I took off Friday (I never take off), but unfortunately they moved my flight back landing about 12:30 now

Once I get checked into the hotel, I’m out the door for some major eating and drinking all over the place. Hopefully there is a game on Friday night and we have a later start on Saturday.

Love road trips
What kind of game on Friday Night?

Hmmmm... totally don’t get it. Tix is a common abbreviation for tickets and tick (as in the insect that carries Lyme disease) is spelled T-I-C-K (not T-I-X). What am I missing here? lol

Congrats on your Tix. However, ticks are not insects . They are arachnids. Insects have 6 legs, head, thorax,abdomen, antenna and 2 pairs of wings. Ticks have 8 legs, no wings, no antenna and cephlothorax (head thorax combo deal). Yes they carry Lymes disease. You are a nurse, I majored in biology. Lol.

Have fun. I might get to that game. We will see.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Thanks. I’m there!!

Love road trips

We must be on the same flight. Meeting my son from Chicago along with friends of his who went to Pitt. Staying and tailgating at the Holiday Inn Express near PNC park. We got 5 lower bowl tickets on visitors side around the 30.

Pitt fan here. Looking forward to this game, hopefully it’s closer (and cooler) than last year. If there’s any questions about hotels, restaurants, etc. feel free to ask.

It seems that most of yinz already know what’s on the North Side. If you’re going, hope you can make room to check out the city and see some of the best views in the country on top of Mt. Washington via the Incline. Also, if your hotel is at Station Square, there’s a T stop you can get on that can take you over to the stadium. There’s also a pedestrian bridge connected to the bridge that goes from the Highmark Stadium parking lot to the North Side.

Again, good luck and H2P. PS, if you go to Primanti’s, get double meet and add a dippy egg and hot sauce. You’ll be announcing to everyone you’re an out-of-towner but it’s the best.

Congrats on your Tix. However, ticks are not insects . They are arachnids. Insects have 6 legs, head, thorax,abdomen, antenna and 2 pairs of wings. Ticks have 8 legs, no wings, no antenna and cephlothorax (head thorax combo deal). Yes they carry Lymes disease. You are a nurse, I majored in biology. Lol.

Have fun. I might get to that game. We will see.
Thanks for the clarification friend. Go Knights!

I just called the GKC line. For those that bought FAU, Pitt, etc... via the GKC Ticket Office, they are still assigning seats and will be sending them out soon. People who received their must have bought directly via TicketMaster or FAU (or are really huge boosters I guess).

ADVERTISEMENT