ADVERTISEMENT

GoT (Spoilers)

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
It’s about to get interesting. I can’t wait to see the Stark children/Jon fight off the reanimated corpses of Lyanna/Catelyn Stark and their ancestors after they kill all the women and children headed to the crypts.

Reactions: UCFWayne
seems like a good idea to send all the helpless people into a crypt for the night king just to reanimate them all at once.

So far, pretty meh from me. They're going to ruin the series in the last season. Last night was "hey dude that hasn't been around since season 1, remember all the shenanigans that we got in? We gon die now."

It’s about to get interesting. I can’t wait to see the Stark children/Jon fight off the reanimated corpses of Lyanna/Catelyn Stark and their ancestors after they kill all the women and children headed to the crypts.
The walkers only reanimate those that they kill.

I get the feeling the Night King has some other powers with this. They made a pretty big deal to keep mentioning the crypt.

No. I thought there was a reason they burn all the dead.
You all made me go back and look. Apparently in the shows, the NK can resurrect all dead using a spell. The books hint at it being dead who had not yet released their bonds. Regardless, I'd say it's a possibility. Although, it's also possible that the crypt is warded or protected against the NK. Either way, it's certainly interesting.

You all made me go back and look. Apparently in the shows, the NK can resurrect all dead using a spell. The books hint at it being dead who had not yet released their bonds. Regardless, I'd say it's a possibility. Although, it's also possible that the crypt is warded or protected against the NK. Either way, it's certainly interesting.

I don't know if this will happen or not but my gut tells me that George R.R. Martin has at least one more twist to his story (i.e. Ned's beheading, Red Wedding, Cerciei's revenge, etc.) that the show runner will be unveiling this season before this tale is over.

I was entertained, but the show has become entirely too predictable.
Were you not entertained?

Oh wait, you said you were. It’s the end of an epic series. Those are almost always predictable. May get one twist at the end but that’s about it.

So the Night King can hear Jon Snow coming from nearly a football field away, but a teenage girl with a concussion gets the drop on him and his 13 generals?

Also, Sam needs to die already. Every motivation of his has been to lose his virginity, and he somehow flops around during all the important battles and survives while people who have to save his ass get killed. Worst character in the show by an absolute mile.

So the Night King can hear Jon Snow coming from nearly a football field away, but a teenage girl with a concussion gets the drop on him and his 13 generals?

Also, Sam needs to die already. Every motivation of his has been to lose his virginity, and he somehow flops around during all the important battles and survives while people who have to save his ass get killed. Worst character in the show by an absolute mile.
Remember In the first episode that she snuck up on Jon Snow standing in nearly the same place and he asked her how she snuck up on him. Also, she did train to be an assassin with the guild known for stealth. I’d say that was right in her skill set.

Remember In the first episode that she snuck up on Jon Snow standing in nearly the same place and he asked her how she snuck up on him. Also, she did train to be an assassin with the guild known for stealth. I’d say that was right in her skill set.

The flying out of the air like a spider monkey was a bit much.

Reactions: UCFhonors
We get 8 seasons of build up about the NK, the dead, white walkers, Winter is Coming, etc and they all go down in 1 hour in one episode. I'm not necessarily upset with the way this episode turned out, but it just seemed like a really anti-climatic way to end the NK finally arriving and fighting men.

Also, most of the main characters survived. Wtf? The wights could charge and overtake entire units of the Unsullied yet Brienne or Jamie on their own could fend off hundreds of wights who apparently only attack one by one?

We get 8 seasons of build up about the NK, the dead, white walkers, Winter is Coming, etc and they all go down in 1 hour in one episode.
The episode was an hour and a half and all of it was all-out war. It was very well done but watching a war on TV or in a movie tends to get tedious and boring after awhile. Expanding the war into multiple episodes would have been a big mistake IMHO.
most of the main characters survived. Wtf?
I never thought I’d see the day when GOT would be criticized for not killing off more of its main characters. :)

We get 8 seasons of build up about the NK, the dead, white walkers, Winter is Coming, etc and they all go down in 1 hour in one episode. I'm not necessarily upset with the way this episode turned out, but it just seemed like a really anti-climatic way to end the NK finally arriving and fighting men.

Also, most of the main characters survived. Wtf? The wights could charge and overtake entire units of the Unsullied yet Brienne or Jamie on their own could fend off hundreds of wights who apparently only attack one by one?
yea i was a little upset so many of the main characters survived that insane battle.

yea i was a little upset so many of the main characters survived that insane battle.

Wights are so fast and so powerful that they can overwhelm entire Unsullied units, but they can't overpower Jamie or Brienne fighting on their own!

I know we're dealing with a show where zombies commanded by a magical ice king are attacking a force that has dragons, but SOME realism would have been good to reflect the carnage taking place. Watching these main characters single handedly kill hundreds of wights was just weird.

And in one scene, Sam was clearly being taken down by 3-4 wights and should have easily died right then but somehow magically didn't.

The length of the battle had a lot to do with this being a TV show and battles being really expensive. It would’ve been much better in book form and might have spanned more than one volume, such as the last battle in the Jordan Wheel of Time epics.

We all just assumed the 3ER was the key to the battle with the NK. And maybe he was as bait. He knew Arya could get to that tree undetected so maybe he planned it all along. However, maybe his play comes in the battle of the Seven Kingdoms. Maybe he knew the sequence of events that was occurring lead to a living win and his raven warg episode was laying the ground for what comes next.

You can’t be too surprised because none of the mains died during battles. The vast majority of them were killed by treachery, intrigue, assassination, and duels. This is in character with the series. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a twist coming very quickly that culls the herd. And then there’s Bronn.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Just as long as Arya gets to stick her needle right into Cersei's dark, soulless face, I will be happy.

I don't think that'll go down. It seems extremely obvious now as a plot line and I have to believe these guys want to give us a curveball. Especially after they already made Arya the assassin who killed the NK which IMO is a much bigger deal.

I'll be curious to see where the show goes now. There's not much of an army left for Dany/Jon to use to go south with.

Wights are so fast and so powerful that they can overwhelm entire Unsullied units, but they can't overpower Jamie or Brienne fighting on their own!

I know we're dealing with a show where zombies commanded by a magical ice king are attacking a force that has dragons, but SOME realism would have been good to reflect the carnage taking place. Watching these main characters single handedly kill hundreds of wights was just weird.

And in one scene, Sam was clearly being taken down by 3-4 wights and should have easily died right then but somehow magically didn't.

It has good realism in the beginning. The Dothraki horde going “dark” in 15 seconds was fantastic. As was the tidal wave of of wights that hit them in full run. I liked the wights smothering the fire too.

It has good realism in the beginning. The Dothraki horde going “dark” in 15 seconds was fantastic. As was the tidal wave of of wights that hit them in full run. I liked the wights smothering the fire too.

When the NK raised the dead to block Jon, that was the ultimate WTF moment for me. Kinda sucks though that we never actually got to see the NK fight anyone or anything.

I don't think that'll go down. It seems extremely obvious now as a plot line and I have to believe these guys want to give us a curveball. Especially after they already made Arya the assassin who killed the NK which IMO is a much bigger deal.

I'll be curious to see where the show goes now. There's not much of an army left for Dany/Jon to use to go south with.

Yeah, but they've got two dragons. Daeny is going to unleash hell on that bitch.

Yeah, but they've got two dragons. Daeny is going to unleash hell on that bitch.

That's the other thing - I had thought the ice dragon was killed in that fight in the air (couldn't see shit then) yet it was going after Jon later. I then assumed one of the living dragons was killed by the wights later when Dany idiotically just stood there in the field, but they both seemed fine at the end.

We all just assumed the 3ER was the key to the battle with the NK. And maybe he was as bait. He knew Arya could get to that tree undetected so maybe he planned it all along. However, maybe his play comes in the battle of the Seven Kingdoms. Maybe he knew the sequence of events that was occurring lead to a living win and his raven warg episode was laying the ground for what comes next.
yea i have a feeling whatever it was that he was doing in the middle of the battle for their lives had to do with setting up the next final battle. we shall see where they go with it.

yea i have a feeling whatever it was that he was doing in the middle of the battle for their lives had to do with setting up the next final battle. we shall see where they go with it.

The problem is that we get into this loop with Bran that doesn't explain things clearly.

If Bran was just relaxed and chilling since he already knew that Arya comes in to kill the NK and save him, why even bother with warging and scouting what comes next? He should already know everything that comes next, and should have no need to warg into a raven to scout the present-time lay of the land.

So him checking out to warg really only makes sense IF those ravens were in a totally different point of time. Like way in the past or way into the future to learn something that will be useful.

……….but we saw the ravens "see" the NK on the dragon so I don't think that's what happened.

Bran's story line is both maddening and confusing.

The problem is that we get into this loop with Bran that doesn't explain things clearly.

If Bran was just relaxed and chilling since he already knew that Arya comes in to kill the NK and save him, why even bother with warging and scouting what comes next? He should already know everything that comes next, and should have no need to warg into a raven to scout the present-time lay of the land.

So him checking out to warg really only makes sense IF those ravens were in a totally different point of time. Like way in the past or way into the future to learn something that will be useful.

……….but we saw the ravens "see" the NK on the dragon so I don't think that's what happened.

Bran's story line is both maddening and confusing.
I think Bran sees multiple potential futures. If that's true, then he may have to wait for certain events to occur to know which potential future he's in and make his move that would lean events towards one or another. I think the way that he cuts off Theon and says that he has to go now tends towards that explanation. Another explanation may be that he saw something developing in another place that he needed to work on, maybe something with the Iron Fleet or the Golden Company or even a group we haven't seen for a while.

I think Bran sees multiple potential futures. If that's true, then he may have to wait for certain events to occur to know which potential future he's in and make his move that would lean events towards one or another. I think the way that he cuts off Theon and says that he has to go now tends towards that explanation. Another explanation may be that he saw something developing in another place that he needed to work on, maybe something with the Iron Fleet or the Golden Company or even a group we haven't seen for a while.

I really hope they finally make Bran interesting by having him tell us what he knows about the NK. He's immune to dragon fire unlike every other WW, he looks totally different, he has magic no others have, he can ride a dragon, and he has similar abilities to Bran. I need more info on that guy.

That's the other thing - I had thought the ice dragon was killed in that fight in the air (couldn't see shit then) yet it was going after Jon later. I then assumed one of the living dragons was killed by the wights later when Dany idiotically just stood there in the field, but they both seemed fine at the end.

I was under the impression that Rhaegal, John’s Dragon, died during the fight in the air with the NKing. But we never saw it get raised from the dead, so nobody really knows.

I was under the impression that Rhaegal, John’s Dragon, died during the fight in the air with the NKing.
That was my impression too. At one point I thought all the dragons were dead and gone until Dany's dragon returned to her at the end of the episode.

I'm not convinced that this is the last we've seen of the wight walkers.

I hope we see them again somehow. I don't care about the wights but I want to know a lot more about the actual walkers and the NK. They've been apart of the show since Episode 1 and it just feels like they went down too easily last night.

Maybe we'll get flashback via Bran for some backstory.

I hope we see them again somehow. I don't care about the wights but I want to know a lot more about the actual walkers and the NK. They've been apart of the show since Episode 1 and it just feels like they went down too easily last night.
To be honest, I thought the exact opposite. Towards the end of the episode I got the sinking feeling that just about all of our heroes were going to die and Winterfell would be entirely overrun. I hoped that maybe a couple of our heroes would somehow escape to fight another day.

But the ending supported their theory that if they could take down the Night King (ala Sauron in the LOTR), the rest of the horde would be destroyed too. We'll see next week but I got the feeling that there aren't many of the North fighters left alive (except for our heroes who we know didn't die).

To be honest, I thought the exact opposite. Towards the end of the episode I got the sinking feeling that just about all of our heroes were going to die and Winterfell would be entirely overrun. I hoped that maybe a couple of our heroes would somehow escape to fight another day.

But the ending supported their theory that if they could take down the Night King (ala Sauron in the LOTR), the rest of the horde would be destroyed too. We'll see next week but I got the feeling that there aren't many of the North fighters left alive (except for our heroes who we know didn't die).

Here's a glaring plot hole that I just thought of: the NK survived dragon fire. A lot of it.

He died by Valyrian steel (Arya's little dagger).

Why is Valyrian steel special? Because it's made with ………….. dragon fire.

o_O

Other than Arya's kill, the best scene in last night's war episode was when little Lyanna Mormont took out the undead giant.

My understanding was that this character was originally meant to have a one-scene appearance. But the young actress who played her was so incredibly good and the character so compelling on screen, the show runners kept writing more and more scenes for her.

Her death scene last night was totally kick-ass. :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT