ADVERTISEMENT

GoT (Spoilers)

The guy who directed last night's battle, and every other major battle, is on the credits for Episode 5.

So apparently the big battle for King's Landing will be EP5 with a set up in EP4 and some sort of conclusion after. I can't imagine how the hell you conclude a show as expansive as this. Just putting someone new on the throne really can't be the end game either.

The guy who directed last night's battle, and every other major battle, is on the credits for Episode 5.

So apparently the big battle for King's Landing will be EP5 with a set up in EP4 and some sort of conclusion after. I can't imagine how the hell you conclude a show as expansive as this. Just putting someone new on the throne really can't be the end game either.

Which is why in all honesty, I wouldn’t have been disappointed if the Night King wiped them out yesterday and then went and to Kings Landing and decimated them too. It would have been an interesting ending that no one would have seen coming.

Which is why in all honesty, I wouldn’t have been disappointed if the Night King wiped them out yesterday and then went and to Kings Landing and decimated them too. It would have been an interesting ending that no one would have seen coming.

I'm kinda wondering if Sansa becomes the ruthless B who ends up at the top of all of this. They've been alluding to how cunning and smart she is, they reminded us last night how little she cares for Dany, and she already knows that Dany intends to rule the north which Sansa is opposed to.

Something's gotta give in that dynamic between her, Dany, and Jon.

I'm not arguing that, but she was unable to get out of that library without being heard by the ones that are basically braindead. To me thats inconsistent
I doubt they would hear any dripping blood on the ground. But also, Winterfell has a bunch of secret passages. I'm going to guess Arya knows just about all of them. There's a pretty good probability at least one of them comes out pretty close to that location.

Reactions: Ace of Knights
I doubt they would hear any dripping blood on the ground. But also, Winterfell has a bunch of secret passages. I'm going to guess Arya knows just about all of them. There's a pretty good probability at least one of them comes out pretty close to that location.
They didn't show it because the showrunners wanted Arya's attack on the Night King to be a surprise. But it's also logical to assume that she could have gotten close to the NK by using her faceless man powers to assume the identity of a white walker.

Reactions: UCFWayne
They didn't show it because the showrunners wanted Arya's attack on the Night King to be a surprise. But it's also logical to assume that she could have gotten close to the NK by using her faceless man powers to assume the identity of a white walker.

That’s a cop out for the writers. Didn’t happen.

Interesting theory I read today:

When Tyrion approaches the gates of King’s Landing to appeal to Cersei’s love for her children, he tells her to surrender for her child. Euron was standing right behind Cersei, and he just found out about “his” child moments before this scene. From Euron’s point of view, Tyrion should have no knowledge that Cersei is pregnant—Tyrion was up in the North when he slept with Cersei for the first time.
It might not have been intentional on Tyrion’s part, but Euron might realize that Cersei’s baby isn’t his, turn on Cersei, and potentially kill her. If Tyrion realized what he was doing, he hid it well. If not, it may unintentionally have huge payoffs for Dany, and likely be his most “clever” move yet.

Interesting theory I read today:

When Tyrion approaches the gates of King’s Landing to appeal to Cersei’s love for her children, he tells her to surrender for her child. Euron was standing right behind Cersei, and he just found out about “his” child moments before this scene. From Euron’s point of view, Tyrion should have no knowledge that Cersei is pregnant—Tyrion was up in the North when he slept with Cersei for the first time.
It might not have been intentional on Tyrion’s part, but Euron might realize that Cersei’s baby isn’t his, turn on Cersei, and potentially kill her. If Tyrion realized what he was doing, he hid it well. If not, it may unintentionally have huge payoffs for Dany, and likely be his most “clever” move yet.

I don't think Euron really gives a shit since he mostly seemed intent on sleeping with her which he did/is. And unless the HBO writers have gotten REALLY lazy with keeping a sense elapsed time on the show somewhat realistic, she's' not pregnant anyways. It would have been months since her and Jamie got it on and she claimed to be pregnant and now, aka she would have a significant belly which she doesn't.

Plus the show seems intent on making Tyrion dumb as rocks so I doubt this part was part of some master scheme.

I don't think Euron really gives a shit since he mostly seemed intent on sleeping with her which he did/is. And unless the HBO writers have gotten REALLY lazy with keeping a sense elapsed time on the show somewhat realistic, she's' not pregnant anyways. It would have been months since her and Jamie got it on and she claimed to be pregnant and now, aka she would have a significant belly which she doesn't.

Plus the show seems intent on making Tyrion dumb as rocks so I doubt this part was part of some master scheme.

I dunno. Euron was also pretty intent on "putting a baby in her belly," as he stated to Cersei. Dude cares. The look on her face when she told Euron it was his (when she knows it's Jamie's) I think foreshadows something significant.

If the plot goes in that direction, Tyrion's confrontation in front of the castle would be a smart lead. I do agree he's being portrayed as a dumb ass to this point, however.

I dunno. Euron was also pretty intent on "putting a baby in her belly," as he stated to Cersei. Dude cares. The look on her face when she told Euron it was his (when she knows it's Jamie's) I think foreshadows something significant.

If the plot goes in that direction, Tyrion's confrontation in front of the castle would be a smart lead. I do agree he's being portrayed as a dumb ass to this point, however.

Honestly my bet is she's not pregnant and this turns into a Maury episode. If you consider that Jamie and them hooked up, he hung out in KL for a while, then he started the 3 week to 1 month journey to Winterfell, had the battle with the dead and then somehow cleared thousands of bodies (1-2 months at least), and THEN had time lapse for the Unsullied to arrive by boat to KL...…...we're talking 4-5 months there. She'd have a bump going on.

Unless, as I mentioned, the HBO writers are being as lazy about this as they are other things and have decided to say "fuk it!" and suspend all time and space reality within the show. I guess it's feasible since we routinely get characters showing up in places that are 1,300 miles away from one shot to another.

This episode saved the series. It honestly could have gone either way. When she was looking at the red keep I wasn’t sure what she was going to do.

But went with burn them all. I’m not disappointed and it shows just how many of the characters lived in the moral grey zone.

This episode saved the series. It honestly could have gone either way. When she was looking at the red keep I wasn’t sure what she was going to do.

But went with burn them all. I’m not disappointed and it shows just how many of the characters lived in the moral grey zone.

Nah dude. This episode was as terrible as Ep3. Dany gets a incoherent shitty plot twist, we get a cheesy Euron (whom the show absolutely fuking ruined) vs Jamie fight, a decent fan service Cleganbowl, and then superhero Arya again escaping death when everyone around her burns alive.

Just go look at what Joe and I were discussing above. A major plot point up until LAST WEEK and these jokers didn't even attempt to address it. Baby? Euron? lol who cares?

No time for Bran who apparently is going to finish the series as truly useless, but we get to watch Dany fly around as a nuclear bomber for 40 minutes.

At this point I'm just hoping that next week's end is at least somewhat coherent and then pray that GRRM gets his ass off the couch and publishes WOW and gets ADOS out sometime in the next 20 years.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Nah dude. This episode was as terrible as Ep3. Dany gets a incoherent shitty plot twist
Incoherent? No way, the killing of innocents was entirely justified. Dany invaded Kings Landing to rid Westeros of WMDs. And unlike George in Iraq, she found some! (If you noticed, the were tinges of green fire when Cersei’s explosives were hit during Dany’s dragon bombing.) :)

Incoherent? No way, the killing of innocents was entirely justified. Dany invaded Kings Landing to rid Westeros of WMDs. And unlike George in Iraq, she found some! (If you noticed, the were tinges of green fire when Cersei’s explosives were hit during Dany’s dragon bombing.) :)

Meh, poor attempt poor execution on this attempted humor. 0/10

Reactions: DaShuckster
The stuff regarding Bran pisses me off too. He’s become a worthless character. I don’t think Dany really got that much of a plot twist. Varys was writing to likely the Citadel that Jon is the rightful King. That knowledge will only spread. Dany has lost all those who loved and advised her and knows her claim isn’t genuine anymore. She’s been hell bent on taking the throne for a while so she reached fuk it, I’ll burn them all and take it like my father would.

Jon will be in her target next.

The stuff regarding Bran pisses me off too. He’s become a worthless character. I don’t think Dany really got that much of a plot twist. Varys was writing to likely the Citadel that Jon is the rightful King. That knowledge will only spread. Dany has lost all those who loved and advised her and knows her claim isn’t genuine anymore. She’s been hell bent on taking the throne for a while so she reached fuk it, I’ll burn them all and take it like my father would.

Jon will be in her target next.

She could have literally just torched Jon then and problem solved. It was LAST EPISODE that she said "I didn't come here to be the Queen of Ashes". I mean, lol. They're implying that Varys was the "final straw" yet he's basically snuck around on everyone he's ever served.

And again, Tyrion FFS. The smartest guy in Westeros apparently couldn't piece together that ratting out Varys would clearly rat on Jon that he told his siblings and screw everything up.

She could have literally just torched Jon then and problem solved. It was LAST EPISODE that she said "I didn't come here to be the Queen of Ashes". I mean, lol. They're implying that Varys was the "final straw" yet he's basically snuck around on everyone he's ever served.

And again, Tyrion FFS. The smartest guy in Westeros apparently couldn't piece together that ratting out Varys would clearly rat on Jon that he told his siblings and screw everything up.

I think Missandei was the last straw. And when Jon pulled away from her again she knew that no one in Westeros will love her, so she said fuk it.

And Tyrion is smart, but good over all and let his good intentions blind him. And he got outplayed by Sansa who is the new Little Finger in which all of her goodness and innocence is completely gone.

I think Missandei was the last straw. And when Jon pulled away from her again she knew that no one in Westeros will love her, so she said fuk it.

And Tyrion is smart, but good over all and let his good intentions blind him. And he got outplayed by Sansa who is the new Little Finger in which all of her goodness and innocence is completely gone.

Jon rightly has a problem with continuing to nail Dany with the knowledge that SHE'S HIS AUNT [roll]

Which fits since in the books they referenced often that the north people aren't into that southern incest shit like the Lannisters were.

I duno. To me the show has gone off the rails and I've kept waiting for it to course correct but it just isn't. Maybe these are the story lines GRRM intended but done way, way too fast and they make no sense under this context.

Seeing what I'm seeing, I don't know why they forced themselves into ending with this season and keeping it to 6 episodes. This could have easily by a 10 episode season with the finish coming next year. I'm still beyond baffled that they handled the white walker story line so shitty and rushed.

Jon rightly has a problem with continuing to nail Dany with the knowledge that SHE'S HIS AUNT [roll]

Which fits since in the books they referenced often that the north people aren't into that southern incest shit like the Lannisters were.

I duno. To me the show has gone off the rails and I've kept waiting for it to course correct but it just isn't. Maybe these are the story lines GRRM intended but done way, way too fast and they make no sense under this context.

Seeing what I'm seeing, I don't know why they forced themselves into ending with this season and keeping it to 6 episodes. This could have easily by a 10 episode season with the finish coming next year. I'm still beyond baffled that they handled the white walker story line so shitty and rushed.

This is my biggest problem with this season. It is rushed and I feel it is rushed just so HBO can start cashing in on the spinoffs.

I completely agree. Everything was rushed. Apparently even the actors were pissed with how this all went down.

HBO screwed this up.

I completely agree. Everything was rushed. Apparently even the actors were pissed with how this all went down.

HBO screwed this up.

Emilia Clarke said she paced around London pissed off and dejected for 3 hours after learning how D&D intended to ruin her character this season. :scream:

Honestly, D&D should have simply passed the torch and allowed someone else to finish the series. It seems like they're the ones just wanting to get this done with and wrote in that manner.

The Hound and the Mountain's smackdown was decent. Fitting end with the fire and all.

I didn't think it was a bad episode per se but I do wish the writers were a bit more intelligent with the storylines. The Euron thing was kind of big and they totally let it slide.

The embrace between Tyrion and Jaime was special, however.

But ffs, there is no way Jaime walks right back into the fukcing city after getting his ass beat and stabbed up by Euron. I would have preferred that he just killed the latter outright since he was going to die anyhow. Euron ended up being fairly annoying, save a few funny one-liners.

There really are a lot of loose ends to tie up. How long is next week's episode--like 4 hours?

The Hound and the Mountain's smackdown was decent. Fitting end with the fire and all.

I didn't think it was a bad episode per se but I do wish the writers were a bit more intelligent with the storylines. The Euron thing was kind of big and they totally let it slide.

The embrace between Tyrion and Jaime was special, however.

But ffs, there is no way Jaime walks right back into the fukcing city after getting his ass beat and stabbed up by Euron. I would have preferred that he just killed the latter outright since he was going to die anyhow. Euron ended up being fairly annoying, save a few funny one-liners.

There really are a lot of loose ends to tie up. How long is next week's episode--like 4 hours?

The Euron/Jamie fight was cringeworthy. They just both happen to end up on that secret beach at the same time? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez. And yea, Jamie took 2 deep stabs to the side of his guts and goes on like he barely got pricked. Almost as unbelievable as when The Waif stabbed Arya in the guts twice and she kept running like Batman all the same.

honestly, the producers, writers, and directors have basically sucked the past 2 seasons. they could have easily stretched these out into 2 full seasons, but chose not to. they found a way to screw up a sure thing.

its been good, but not great, and that is the biggest disappointment considering all the previous seasons leading up to this point.

honestly, the producers, writers, and directors have basically sucked the past 2 seasons. they could have easily stretched these out into 2 full seasons, but chose not to. they found a way to screw up a sure thing.
Two major issues at play here: 1) Benioff and Weiss didn't have George RR Martin's source material to rely on; and 2) the showrunners are basically tired of it all and want to wrap it up so they can turn their attention to something new.

Two major issues at play here: 1) Benioff and Weiss didn't have George RR Martin's source material to rely on; and 2) the showrunners are basically tired of it all and want to wrap it up so they can turn their attention to something new.
That second one is the tragedy. In the large epic series, publishers extend the number of books to wrap up the series when they get deep in and it looks like they are going to finish it right. Hell, even Harry Potter and Twilight did it. GoT should have. All the events are good and probably right, but they are so rushed and undeveloped that they are falling flat. Its a huge mistake.

i enjoyed the talk of treason between varys and tyrion and killing missandei. the killing of the other dragon really ups the stakes of the last battle. should be intersting to see where it goes. i said awhile back, i think the entire show/books has been about jon rising to become the true king.
my theory about jon becoming king is still holding true. i have a feeling we wont like the ending either way.

There's only 2 real explanations for the nonsense we saw on Sunday: GRRM never intended for Dany to turn into a terrorist and this is literally just HBO making shit up and executing poorly.

Or, this is actually in the GRRM story arc but he will actually provide a story arc in his forthcoming books that make it believable and less stupid like the show did.

I say this since up until now, in neither the show OR the books, absolutely nothing has happened to suggest that Dany could flip the switch and become a mass murdering terrorist. To make this believable you'd need at least an entire season story arc or more of her doing things that are really twisted and fuked up to make this believable. In the books GRRM would have had her hurting innocent people or taking enjoyment in others hurting innocents to make this believable.

But we got none of that which makes the spectacle on Sunday soooooooooooooo dumb.

So I'm inclined to go with theory 1, that being HBO is just making shit up at this point and thinks that if they blow enough money on CGI, we'll forget and forgive about this glaring plot holes and ridiculous character story lines this season.

There's only 2 real explanations for the nonsense we saw on Sunday: GRRM never intended for Dany to turn into a terrorist and this is literally just HBO making shit up and executing poorly.

Or, this is actually in the GRRM story arc but he will actually provide a story arc in his forthcoming books that make it believable and less stupid like the show did.

I say this since up until now, in neither the show OR the books, absolutely nothing has happened to suggest that Dany could flip the switch and become a mass murdering terrorist. To make this believable you'd need at least an entire season story arc or more of her doing things that are really twisted and fuked up to make this believable. In the books GRRM would have had her hurting innocent people or taking enjoyment in others hurting innocents to make this believable.

But we got none of that which makes the spectacle on Sunday soooooooooooooo dumb.

So I'm inclined to go with theory 1, that being HBO is just making shit up at this point and thinks that if they blow enough money on CGI, we'll forget and forgive about this glaring plot holes and ridiculous character story lines this season.
Read this regarding the sudden switch. I think it makes a pretty good case for how plausible it is.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden-game-of-thrones-turn-was-actually-a-long-ti-1834722527

Read this regarding the sudden switch. I think it makes a pretty good case for how plausible it is.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden-game-of-thrones-turn-was-actually-a-long-ti-1834722527

I've read this actually but it doesn't really do anything to explain her becoming a mass murdering terrorist who incinerates women and children. Did she violently execute bad people and her enemies? Sure. No question she can be violent. But not once in either the books or the show did she ever engage in hurting or killing innocent people. She even chained up her dragons when they supposedly killed one innocent kid and not because of people around her, because she felt it right to do.

Stannis burned innocent people alive, including his own farking daughter, all because Melisandre told him that the LordOfLight required it. THAT is far more "mad" and sadistic than anything Dany has ever done, yet I think people would still say "WTF" if Stannis had won the Battle of the Black Water, had the Iron Throne won, and instead decided to have the entire city leveled and to kill everyone living there.

Yet somehow it's supposed to make sense when Dany does it. Nah.

I think the problem is the show is just rushed. I don't know if it was HBO, or the GOT people themselves who decided on having the last 2 seasons being short, but I just don't think they have enough time this season to properly show Dany's descent into madness. I think she was always power hungry and had this in her from the beginning, so I don't think it is out of the blue like you do, I just think it needed several more episodes to properly develop.

I think the problem is the show is just rushed. I don't know if it was HBO, or the GOT people themselves who decided on having the last 2 seasons being short, but I just don't think they have enough time this season to properly show Dany's descent into madness. I think she was always power hungry and had this in her from the beginning, so I don't think it is out of the blue like you do, I just think it needed several more episodes to properly develop.

Yes. We needed, IMO, a full season (10 episodes) to really have her go down this path if that's what they wanted. But as of last season we were getting more of a Soap Opera/Love Story with her and Jon than her going nuts.

Season 7 and Season 8 were needlessly short and rushed. I think D&D being promised to pick up the Star Wars franchise had a lot to do with that. They wanted all the credit for GOT but weren't committed to properly ending it since they also wanted to pick up Star Wars when Disney wanted.

We needed, IMO, a full season (10 episodes) to really have her go down this path if that's what they wanted.
Completely agree. Given the storyline of Dany's father, "The Mad King," it's possible that GRRM is going that direction. But if he does, you can rest assured that Dany's decent into darkness will be a slow, growing paranoia similar to what happened to her father, not the crazy sh*t we got from the TV show.

I think D&D being promised to pick up the Star Wars franchise had a lot to do with that. They wanted all the credit for GOT but weren't committed to properly ending it since they also wanted to pick up Star Wars when Disney wanted.
There's your answer.

ADVERTISEMENT