ADVERTISEMENT

Grant of Rights: Media Deal

Any idea what that means?

Means that the AAC is going to ask the conference to lock in (sign a grant of rights) to the AAC for the length of the new TV contract. Which would mean a lot more money for each team, but would lock us in if an expansion occurred.

There's more to it but that's the jist

Means that the AAC is going to ask the conference to lock in (sign a grant of rights) to the AAC for the length of the new TV contract. Which would mean a lot more money for each team, but would lock us in if an expansion occurred.

Thanks! Marc Daniels is going to cover the topic on Beat of sports today, 96.9 9-11am. Or iHeartRadio.

Reactions: Knight Strength
More money and an expanded college playoff system would give us the opportunity to be a pain in the ass to the P5 boys for some time :)

If you get a $20 million deal, where do you think the school will spend it? Will the UCFAA improve the football facilities (I don’t even know if they need it), will they fund other sports, will they reduce your student fees (currently $20+ million a year), or use the money somewhere else?

If you get a $20 million deal, where do you think the school will spend it? Will the UCFAA improve the football facilities (I don’t even know if they need it), will they fund other sports, will they reduce your student fees (currently $20+ million a year), or use the money somewhere else?

Basketball. Chartered flights. Memphis is the target.

they worried that UCF is starting to look too sexy?
If NCAA loses the Alston trial then this will be the extent of the recruitment process...

giphy.gif

they worried that UCF is starting to look too sexy?

If the above article is true. No way do we sign with a GOR with the American. We just wait until Wake Forest or someone says they won’t pay their players and we petition the ACC on the behalf that we will. Our boosters and growing gifts show there is a thirst for football. We would better compete than most.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
We ain’t signing if it’s under $20M for UCF per year
I’m fine with giving up our rights if we can get $8 to $10 million per school.

Let’s be honest, if the big 12 wanted us right now a contract would be on the table. And with Texas making a resurgence and OU always strong the Big 12 feels no pressure to expand. I do believe the Big 12 respects UCF a lot more but that doesn’t mean were getting an invite anytime soon.

Contracts are meant to be broken. UCF making $35 million a year could still nearly net $25 million a year even if we have to give up $10 million per year in the AAC grant of rights money.

I think AAC needs to do the grant of rights. The only way we shouldn’t do is if they are trying to low ball the conference for $4 to $5
How long would the GOR lock us into the AAC for?
If UCF staying gets us nearly $10 mil a season, sign the GOR. Can’t worry about what may happen down the road. If the Big 12 can’t put an invitation on the table now the only thing that will change their minds is OU and Texas leaving. If that happens it won’t matter anymore, because the Big 12 will no ionger be part of the so called BS power conferences.

I also think their needs to unequal revenue sharing in the AAC. There should be a base amount that each school gets Let’s say the payout is $10m per school. Each gets $7.5 per school as its base. The rest is put in a pool and goes to the top schools based on game performance in FB, Basketball and Baseball. Based on you order of finish in league play. Also, include metrics not based on game attendance but base it on Season Ticket sales. Schools who sale more season tickets in FB and Basketball get more of the pool. The issue with the American is schools just think they should be able to do the bare minimum and get the same. Too many of the schools don’t have high expectations. So those that don’t want to get better in certain sports or attendance at games they receive less money. But at least with this set up its not so egregious were the top schools are getting all the revenue.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Just can't see the powers of this conference (UCF, UH, Memphis) signing this. I don't see more than a 100% increase in TV revenue in this contract...

Reactions: Shark59

200.gif

No conference lock in unless it comes with changes to Natty playoff selection. Otherwise it's a lock out.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT