ADVERTISEMENT

Greg McCrae

One huge advantage of using both AK and McCrae is that opposing teams have to practice against BOTH...and since they are totally different runners...its to UCF's advantage...and then add in UCF's fast tempo offense...the other DL's get tired in the 3rd Q...and that's when many McCrae's biggest runs take place (2nd half).

I don't care who starts...just like the rotation and fast tempo speed...as it keeps both RB's fresh.

One huge advantage of using both AK and McCrae is that opposing teams have to practice against BOTH...and since they are totally different runners...its to UCF's advantage...and then add in UCF's fast tempo offense...the other DL's get tired in the 3rd Q...and that's when many McCrae's biggest runs take place (2nd half).

I don't care who starts...just like the rotation and fast tempo speed...as it keeps both RB's fresh.

Your point about the tempo, rotation, and opposition prep is a great point but clearly McCrae deserves to be the starter and should be getting more carries.......

Your point about the tempo, rotation, and opposition prep is a great point but clearly McCrae deserves to be the starter and should be getting more carries.......

Getting more carries and who the starter is can/are 2 different things.

When you are winning (hopefully in the 2nd half)...you want to wear down the opposition...and that's where a grinding running game can payoff (i.e. Black Friday game at cow u).

Also...no one has mentioned how AK is a "home run threat" in the PASSING GAME...as he is a mismatch on virtually any LB...which helped him have 4 TD receptions while being 5th in team catches in 2018. McCrae did have 1 TD reception this past year.

Again...this is what the opposition has to spend a ton of time practicing on...and why having both AK and McCrae is such an advantage for UCF.

Most UCF Players have bought into the TEAM concept and their number can be called at anytime...and yes, I'm sure all 95-100 players on the roster would all love to start...only 22 can start on offense/defense...and fortunately, most of them don't whine if they are not in the starting line-up....as many get a ton of playing time during the game.

IMO GM should be starting and getting more carries.....as a rusher he is a threat to take it to the house at any point in the game, not just the second half....nobody even laid a finger on him while the D was still very fresh........clearly our most talented RB

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
AK is a “potential” home run threat at all times, but we need him to actually be that guy in the run game. He hasn’t been. GM is clearly the better runner and needs a lot more carries

As far as the passing game, I wouldn’t mind seeing BOTH with more receptions. Otis as well

AK is a “potential” home run threat at all times, but we need him to actually be that guy in the run game. He hasn’t been. GM is clearly the better runner and needs a lot more carries

As far as the passing game, I wouldn’t mind seeing BOTH with more receptions. Otis as well
AK needs about 9-10 touches/game. Maybe some on kick offs, definitely some jet sweeps and passes out of the backfield.

AK is the featured back, and that means they key on him ... a lot.
We used AK as a workhorse, and he was better when he wasn't.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
AK is the featured back, and that means they key on him ... a lot.
We used AK as a workhorse, and he was better when he wasn't.
This theory is great but Taj would get double the yards and physically punish defenses. AK is out there just getting himself punished.

Reactions: Mikesi
That’s NOT a good strategy. Wasted plays. 3 and outs. Just go with your best guy from start to finish
But will he be better than AK in that role?

Just like AK benefited from not being the featured back before too.

But will he be better than AK in that role?

Just like AK benefited from not being the featured back before too.
We don’t actually know that answer until it’s actually tried

However, his running style and vision is clearly better.

He did see more of a featured back role later in the season in earlier parts of games and his production (Yards per carry) didn’t noticeably drop off

Reactions: JAFFX2
My Mom bought me one with my name on it. Can’t you do a customizable one and put his name?
I got one from some obscure company. It’s decent. Can’t tell the difference except the numbers are kind of stiff. Not sure if it’s supposed to be like that. It was clearly a knock off. I wanted one badly. It came after the Fiesta Bowl

You can get a #30 for about $90 and put his name on it. I tried Fanatics and they wouldn’t do no name.

UCF was completely sold out this year. Absolutely everything was gone. Not good for business

I got one from some obscure company. It’s decent. Can’t tell the difference except the numbers are kind of stiff. Not sure if it’s supposed to be like that. It was clearly a knock off. I wanted one badly. It came after the Fiesta Bowl

You can get a #30 for about $90 and put his name on it. I tried Fanatics and they wouldn’t do no name.

UCF was completely sold out this year. Absolutely everything was gone. Not good for business
Did you buy through DHgate? Only 2/3 jerseys made it.

Well I meant the custom name and number option :)
There were some already done (Killins, Griffin and Milton), but you could just enter the name and number if you want. They had black, white and anthracite. I made one for Gabe Davis and tagged him on IG, he liked it. If anybody ( @Mikesi looking at you) has on a Wimbush jersey in the Cabana this year, we will be UCFighting. :boxing:

Last edited:
There were some already done (Killins, Griffin and Milton), but you could just enter the name and number if you want. They had black, white and anthracite. I made one for Gabe Davis and tagged him on IG, he liked it. If anybody ( @Mikesi looking at you) has on a Wimbush jersey in the Cabana this year, we will be fighting. :boxing:
Would this be a long range fight or are you assuming he’ll have gotten over DW’s new wall?

ADVERTISEMENT