ADVERTISEMENT

Gun people

Sir Galahad

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2004
Tampa
Picked up 68 guns in the past couple of weeks from inheritance. I’d say half are 1850 - 1890 black powder types that I’m sending to an broker for evaluation. The others are more modern. Ready for the upcoming unrest.

Looking for some good recommendations for a gun safe. Need to hold about 15-20 long guns and 5-10 hand guns.

Picked up 68 guns in the past couple of weeks from inheritance. I’d say half are 1850 - 1890 black powder types that I’m sending to an broker for evaluation. The others are more modern. Ready for the upcoming unrest.

Looking for some good recommendations for a gun safe. Need to hold about 15-20 long guns and 5-10 hand guns.
Build a gun vault in your house.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I'd take a look at Liberty Safes. Great customer service, from what I have witnessed. They make a variety of models--ranging in prices from mid tier to upper end models. Just find the one that fits what you need (size, price, fire rating, digital vs manual lock) There are pros and cons to the kind of lock (digital/manual) ---

The fire ratings are bogus a lot of times as well.

If you don't have one--get a monitored security system for your house.

Last edited:
Build a gun vault in your house.
I've done several of these for new houses. Most of the time we use bank vault doors but one we actually did a hidden door behind a built-in bookcase with a secret latch. It was like building something you see in the movies, which was fun.

Reactions: AAC6800
I'd take a look at Liberty Safes. Great customer service, from what I have witnessed. They make a variety of models--ranging in prices from mid tier to upper end models. Just find the one that fits what you need (size, price, fire rating, digital vs manual lock) There are pros and cons to the kind of lock (digital/manual) ---

The fire ratings are bogus a lot of times as well.

If you don't have one--get a monitored security system for your house.
Make sure that you look at the reviews for break-in times on these safes. Unlike your irreplaceable documents, you won’t care as much if the guns burn up as if some criminal steals them and they’re on the streets. Except for the black powder collector’s weapons, which are a different story.

Also, in addition to, or instead of, a monitored system, get a dog that makes a lot of noise whenever someone approaches the house. Best security system you could have for the money.

Reactions: AAC6800
Good idea letting the internet know that you have many firearms and no safe. Way to go!
Guns are not here, only thing in the house is a glock 23, Mossburg 500 and. 44 Magnum special. I doubt I’d get a chance to shoot though, I have two German Shepherds that have been professionally trained to maul you if you look at my wife or kids wrong(sort of joking.) That’s on top of a security system with 7 cameras. The safe was to store the guns when people are invited in the house.

Last edited:
Guns are not here, only thing in the house is a glock 23, Mossburg 500 and. 44 Magnum special. I doubt I’d get a chance to shoot though, I have to German Shepherds that have been professionally trained to maul you if you look at my wife or kids wrong(sort of joking.) .

^^^ Sounds like a totally mentally stable guy that should be in possession of firearms.

JFC this country.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Guns are not here, only thing in the house is a glock 23, Mossburg 500 and. 44 Magnum special. I doubt I’d get a chance to shoot though, I have to German Shepherds that have been professionally trained to maul you if you look at my wife or kids wrong(sort of joking.) That’s on top of a security system with 7 cameras. The safe was to store the guns when people are invited in the house.
I still like the concept of a gun vault/room over a safe if you can swing it. You can do all of your gun work (cleaning, reloading, etc) in a safe environment that isn't your kitchen table or garage bench. It also minimizes the chance of you accidentally leaving something out where the kids could get it because the weapons never leave the room.

I still like the concept of a gun vault/room over a safe if you can swing it. You can do all of your gun work (cleaning, reloading, etc) in a safe environment that isn't your kitchen table or garage bench. It also minimizes the chance of you accidentally leaving something out where the kids could get it because the weapons never leave the room.
Really don’t have the room to dedicate but it would be cool. Knowing my luck I’d get locked inside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT