ADVERTISEMENT

Gunnar Smith, USF xfer to UCF has NFL QB size etc, but

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
is he any good?

We have like 8 QBs now? I like Gunnar's size at 6'-4" (Blake was 6'-5")

He probably weighs about 210 lbs by now.

Thoughts?

Rob Calabrese was supposed to be GOL's QB savior. He turned out to be a deer in the headlights from game snap 1.
ALTHOUGH... HE WAS GOOD AT RUNNING THE WILD KNIGHT! (I always love that quote) :cool:

Reactions: FrostedKnight
As a walk on I see this as a no lose situation for UCF. If he isn't that great he isn't taking a scholarship spot and he can't really be causing anyone to feel uncertain about thier own depth chart place. If he develops into a valuable contributor to the team? Then awesome, not only did he contribute, but we kept a "home town kid" here and kept him from going and helping anyone else.

Rob Calabrese was supposed to be GOL's QB savior. He turned out to be a deer in the headlights from game snap 1.
ALTHOUGH... HE WAS GOOD AT RUNNING THE WILD KNIGHT! (I always love that quote) :cool:
Ace, Rob was thrown to the wolves as a TRUE frosh with an inexperienced OL.

His career at UCF opened doors and allows him to coach at the highest level (NFL) today.

I guess the wild knight was a solid resume builder. 😉

Last edited:
Still bummed about that. If holman starts we probably win by two tds. They couldnt tackle him easily and he was able to throw jump balls to josh reese who was winning every 1 on 1
If youre talking about the Ireland game...I was there.

And as drunk as I was, pregaming with UCF student family alums, we looked like shit.

Only until the end we made it somewhat respectable but it was a big disappointment.

If youre talking about the Ireland game...I was there.

And as drunk as I was, pregaming with UCF student family alums, we looked like shit.

Only until the end we made it somewhat respectable but it was a big disappointment.
GOL was still experimenting or had run the years coaching terribly up and until that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT