ADVERTISEMENT

Gus

hootyhoogoknights1

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2021
When we made the Gus hire I was pissed. I badly wanted Lebby and Kevin Smith. Then I listened to the Gus press conference and he seemed re-energized. Felt like he was doing the right things recruiting. We heard boosters had too much control at Auburn and he couldn’t run what he wanted to.

Last year he gets a pass. He didn’t have the guys he wanted and we were hit with a ton of injuries. But this year he seems back to his old ways. His press conferences have become dull like he’s at Auburn. Just doesn’t seem to have the energy like he had.

I’ve said it plenty but Friday was an absolute joke on offense. We heard how he wanted to run his offense. He brings in a mobile QB and has him throw it 30+ times. He brings in transfers from Auburn and guys he recruited who immediately become cancers and have to miss multiple games due to character issues. He has the most electric player on either team Friday night and gets him 6 touches. He has a TE transfer he brings in who gets 19 snaps.

At the end of the day he hasn’t changed from his Auburn days. I wanted to believe he got better and defended him but I have a feeling we’re in for another long and disappointing season. I hope this post gets bumped and I get made fun of at the end of the year, but I think it’s more likely we lose Saturday to FAU than that happening.

I’m glad we got the Big 12 invite, but our revenue sports need to get their shit together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News