ADVERTISEMENT

Hairstylist Goes to Work With COVID-19 Symptoms

She was going to work with symptoms, but no one there noticed? Did they take temps of workers (and customers)?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/missouri-hairstylist-coronavirus-trnd/index.html
43% of those who are admitted for Covid19 have fever. It’s not an effective screening mechanism. Not to mention fever can be reduced through medications like Tylenol. Places advertising screenings based on temperature are just doing so to give the illusion of safety. Sort of like the TSA.

43% of those who are admitted for Covid19 have fever. It’s not an effective screening mechanism. Not to mention fever can be reduced through medications like Tylenol. Places advertising screenings based on temperature are just doing so to give the illusion of safety. Sort of like the TSA.
While I agree that fever isn’t a good screening criteria on its own, your stat leaves out some context that makes it a bit misleading. While the CDC states only 44% of patients had fever on admission to the hospital, 89% of those later developed a fever. Which means the actual percentage of people that will develop fever is far higher than 44% in the wild. Taking asymptomatic people out of the equation.

The problem that I have with fever as a screening mechanism is that you’re already contagious by the time you present. We need to define a screening mechanism that detects prior to contagiousness if we’re going to nail it.

Or.... we just accept the virus’s presence and go on with life with this virus incorporated into the new normal.

https://healthnewshub.org/health-news-hub/top-news/the-top-7-covid-19-symptoms-ranked/

Reactions: AAC6800

True, fever is a variable (meds, how many times a day the temp is taken, etc.) ---but you'd think some of the symptoms would have been noticed by others in the time period she was working. (many days). On the other hand, she could have had very mild symptoms that were undetectable.

The number of patients that have a fever is probably well above 43%, but like was mentioned---you're already contagious when you have one.

It shows that people don't care about others (big surprise) and will continue to expose the contacts around them.

When the theme parks and sporting events open..............hmmmmm

True, fever is a variable (meds, how many times a day the temp is taken, etc.) ---but you'd think some of the symptoms would have been noticed by others in the time period she was working. (many days). On the other hand, she could have had very mild symptoms that were undetectable.

The number of patients that have a fever is probably well above 43%, but like was mentioned---you're already contagious when you have one.
We need to get to a place where people stay home when they’re sick. I wonder if this stylist would’ve stayed home normally but the economic pressure of not working for so long pushed her into making a stupid choice.

Reactions: AAC6800
We need to get to a place where people stay home when they’re sick. I wonder if this stylist would’ve stayed home normally but the economic pressure of not working for so long pushed her into making a stupid choice.

Yes. She had been out of work for a while --and needed to get the income, I'd imagine.

That’s got to be it! It sure as hell couldn’t be you guys and your right wing rhetoric who’ve turned our nation’s response to the pandemic into a political debate!!! :rolleyes:

That’s got to be it! It sure as hell couldn’t be you guys and your right wing rhetoric who’ve turned our nation’s response to the pandemic into a political debate!!! :rolleyes:
I’m sorry, I could’ve sworn the first shots were fired when Trump was accused of being racist for limiting people coming from China.

He’s insufferable. Not a single post he’s made in months has been worthy of anyone’s time or consideration.
Is somebody not getting enough attention? :)
OIP.bzCaURtDt9fwSRrKNB5wswAAAA

ADVERTISEMENT