ADVERTISEMENT

Handmaid's Tale

fabknight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I know the message kinda sucks but is anyone else watching it. I have to say that I think it has to be one of the more well done shows I've watched. The story sucks but the way the directors and producers have done it absolutely has me watching it.

Yeah, I know the message kinda sucks but is anyone else watching it. I have to say that I think it has to be one of the more well done shows I've watched. The story sucks but the way the directors and producers have done it absolutely has me watching it.
So my wife is now addicted to this show despite me poking holes in the narrative

The 3rd season was really lame. Did you just watch that or just start the entire show?

Honestly it’s be more enjoyable for me if we didn’t have lunatics on the left in this country assuring everyone that we’re just around the corner from this show being reality.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The 3rd season was really lame. Did you just watch that or just start the entire show?

Honestly it’s be more enjoyable for me if we didn’t have lunatics on the left in this country assuring everyone that we’re just around the corner from this show being reality.
I've been watching it season by season. I didn't think the 3rd season was lame - it seemed more of a natural progression to keep the show moving. It's gotta go somewhere.

It's very obvious that the show is left wing horror show. It's sole purpose is to bash white men and organized Christian religions. I just think the combination of being well produced, having very good acting and good characters, makes it an entertaining series to watch. Last week's episode made me think of the Underground Railroad.

my wife read the books along time ago. she was very excited when she heard about the tv show. i watched the first episode with her and didnt really like it. she watched a couple more episodes and pretty much stopped. she said the show wasnt that good because it wasnt close enough to the books for her.

lol I just realized that I missed the 3 last episodes of HT. For some reason I thought that the 10th episode was the season finale and thought the season ended with June getting those bakery items and the rest of that story was for Season 4. This is why I prefer the Netflix model where they release them at once.

Guess I'll have to finally finish the season.

lol I just realized that I missed the 3 last episodes of HT. For some reason I thought that the 10th episode was the season finale and thought the season ended with June getting those bakery items and the rest of that story was for Season 4. This is why I prefer the Netflix model where they release them at once.

Guess I'll have to finally finish the season.
It's good. You'll know which episode is the season finale, it's obvious.

Almost everything that comes out of Hollywood and TV has tons of holes, especially allegedly physics-based SciFi (Gravity, Interstellar, et al.).

About the only thing I've watched in the last 2 decades that had very few holes was Halt'n Catch Fire.

I finally just finished it and yes, it was pretty good although the ending was totally implausible but whatever.

What still bugs me is that we're now 3 seasons in, and virtually nothing has been explained on HOW Gilead came to be, what America actually is now, and what the war was that created these break away states. We hear about the "front lines" a lot yet know virtually nothing about any of it.

They really need to broaden June's story arc and use it to explain some of this shit.

ADVERTISEMENT