ADVERTISEMENT

Hard not to like Chalie Strong

Agreed. No reason I know of to hate Charlie Strong except that he wears green and white. Some will try to point to the "better team" comment he made after we beat Louisville but that comment was made for his team and players' best interests in mind. I like the dude unless there is some reason I don't know if.

Reactions: Miltonian and UCFBS
I take it you weren't a UCF fan in 2013 when we beat Louisville? He disrespected our whole program and University after we beat them. There is plenty to dislike.
I mean, yeah, fair point. I have to wonder if he hasn’t been humbled a little bit since then though.

Charlie Strong has strong ties with Louisville illegal recruiting. How do you convince talent like Teddy Bridgewater to break his Hurricane commitment to go to loserville, KENTUCKY... He ain't clean. Put Clint Hurtt under FBI indictment and plea bargain. How did Clint Hurtt escape Miami. There is a signed cashed check by him and shapiro. Then the miami prostitutes and paying players, then becomes Big East Recruiter of the year...Now we hear how loserville basketball was using prostitutes to recruit. Where did they learn that from? Clint Hurtt and Charlie Strong. Charlie Strong ain't clean. Plus, the time at the Gators and the whole Aaron Hernandez thing and recruiting there. More arrest under Charlie Strong under the gators in the history of college football. Look up his Texas recruiting. There is nothing clean about Texas recruiting. Then go look at the divorce case of a loserville booster and his wife. He ain't clean. A Judge had to recluse herself on duh*bulls arrested players. Plus, NCAA just hit duhbulls with basketball sanctions for cheating on recruiting. I suspect that they are trying to cheat over there. Hope they aren't and I am wrong. I like an even playing field. Great interview, but sorry I don't have to like Charlie Strong.

Charlie Strong has strong ties with Louisville illegal recruiting. How do you convince talent like Teddy Bridgewater to break his Hurricane commitment to go to loserville, KENTUCKY... He ain't clean. Put Clint Hurtt under FBI indictment and plea bargain. How did Clint Hurtt escape Miami. There is a signed cashed check by him and shapiro. Then the miami prostitutes and paying players, then becomes Big East Recruiter of the year...Now we hear how loserville basketball was using prostitutes to recruit. Where did they learn that from? Clint Hurtt and Charlie Strong. Charlie Strong ain't clean. Plus, the time at the Gators and the whole Aaron Hernandez thing and recruiting there. More arrest under Charlie Strong under the gators in the history of college football. Look up his Texas recruiting. There is nothing clean about Texas recruiting. Then go look at the divorce case of a loserville booster and his wife. He ain't clean. A Judge had to recluse herself on duh*bulls arrested players. Plus, NCAA just hit duhbulls with basketball sanctions for cheating on recruiting. I suspect that they are trying to cheat over there. Hope they aren't and I am wrong. I like an even playing field. Great interview, but sorry I don't have to like Charlie Strong.
I don't have to like anyone or anything associated with USF.

Agreed. No reason I know of to hate Charlie Strong except that he wears green and white. Some will try to point to the "better team" comment he made after we beat Louisville but that comment was made for his team and players' best interests in mind. I like the dude unless there is some reason I don't know if.
I'd still like to ask him if he still felt the "better team" didn't win the American, and beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. ;)

I remember after Louisville walloped Miami in it's bowl, how there was a lot of commentary about how Louisville should be playing Baylor, and not UCF, saying we were going to lose badly.

Heck, Louisville continued to be ranked ahead of us ... until that win.

UCF was ranked 15th in the BCS rankings and Louisville 18th before that win. That is how we were able to play Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl

UCF was ranked 15th in the BCS rankings and Louisville 18th before that win. That is how we were able to play Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl
No, we had the AQ that year, having won the conference with an AQ. Louisville could have been ranked higher, and we would have still gone, not them.

In fact, had Northern Illinois not botched the MAC title, they would have gone to the Fiesta, being ranked ahead of the lowest AQ (us), while we went to the [likely] Sugar.

In any case, you're right on the pre-BCS game ranking ... Louisville finally slipped under us nearing the end of the season.

No, we had the AQ that year, having won the conference with an AQ. Louisville could have been ranked higher, and we would have still gone, not them.

In fact, had Northern Illinois not botched the MAC title, they would have gone to the Fiesta, being ranked ahead of the lowest AQ (us), while we went to the [likely] Sugar.

In any case, you're right on the pre-BCS game ranking ... Louisville finally slipped under us nearing the end of the season.
I was just simply stating the fact that UCF was ranked ahead of Louisville for 3-4 weeks prior to the Fiesta Bowl win

I was just simply stating the fact that UCF was ranked ahead of Louisville for 3-4 weeks prior to the Fiesta Bowl win
Explain what you meant by this?
It reads like we had to be ranked higher than them to go.

This is what you wrote and I simply responded with the actual facts

Look it up.

Yes, we also had to win the conference.
I was mistaken there

Reactions: UCFBS
I take it you weren't a UCF fan in 2013 when we beat Louisville? He disrespected our whole program and University after we beat them. There is plenty to dislike.
Disrespect is overused term but in Strong's case it's precisely the right word! Louisville players and fans were prematurely celebrating through much of that 3rd quarter. It was so sweet to see his dream job at UT become the ultimate nightmare of trying to appease the all-powerful Longhorn booster donors.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
overrated as a coach. Taking that S. Florida gig had no upside and all downside. Once they lose their first ball game, he's stuck at S. Florida for life (at least until they blow him out). Not too much room for slip up.

Compare to Frosty taking over an 0-12 ball club. All upside. Smart.

overrated as a coach. Taking that S. Florida gig had no upside and all downside. Once they lose their first ball game, he's stuck at S. Florida for life (at least until they blow him out). Not too much room for slip up.

Compare to Frosty taking over an 0-12 ball club. All upside. Smart.
What happens if he doesn't escape this year and they lose Flowers and he's losing 3-4 games a year at least?
He's never getting a quality P5 gig

Reactions: Boston.Knight
Yeah, well Will Smith don’t gotta cuss in his raps to sell records but I do. So fukc Charlie Strong and usf too.

What happens if he doesn't escape this year and they lose Flowers and he's losing 3-4 games a year at least?
He's never getting a quality P5 gig

If that happens he’ll just stay at USF for the rest of his career, which would be perfect.

I'll like Charlie Strong when he bails on usf after this year knowing once Flowers leaves he'll be lucky to win 2 games. Until then he can suck a bag of lemons.
Just like when his Louisville QB was leaving for the NFL.

I'll like Charlie Strong when he bails on usf after this year knowing once Flowers leaves he'll be lucky to win 2 games. Until then he can suck a bag of lemons.
Weird. There are a couple of threads in the Dungeon of people stating that Strong is not happy at usf and may be leaving at the end of the season (not related to QB situation).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT