ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit our favorite P5 apologist finally showing us some love

Also, I wonder if the other guys like Rece Davis or David Pollack will have anything positive to say besides a couple of "oh yeah great game" but no substance or in depth analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
They'll all be slobbering all over us now for no other reason than to start the narrative that Nebraska is back and get those people tuning in again. Let's face it, the national sports media hasn't really talked about Nebraska at all for about 5-6 years with the exception of a few weeks last season.

They'll all be slobbering all over us now for no other reason than to start the narrative that Nebraska is back and get those people tuning in again. Let's face it, the national sports media hasn't really talked about Nebraska at all for about 5-6 years with the exception of a few weeks last season.
Our TV market alone is only a few hundred thousand short of the entire population of Nebraska. Can't imagine they are a big draw, unless they are winning.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Yea...I wouldn't hold my breath. They will still give UCF about 10 seconds of time on the show and talk about how "great" it is that a "little" G5 team got into the Top 13.

Our TV market alone is only a few hundred thousand short of the entire population of Nebraska. Can't imagine they are a big draw, unless they are winning.

They are crawling all over the UCF rivals board. They will be watching ESPN 24 hours a day now waiting for them to acknowledge that Nebraska is now the elite team in college football. Plus, other Big 10 schools will be interested in hearing about Nebraska too. ESPN P5 cartel thing and all.

Honestly, I stopped watching College Game Day years ago. I just watch the videos posted on this board, the UCF Football Facebook Page, and what friends post on Facebook. I tried to get back into watching Game Day but I just can't stand him. I hope he is not going to be involved with any commentary during our bowl game.

Yea...I wouldn't hold my breath. They will still give UCF about 10 seconds of time on the show and talk about how "great" it is that a "little" G5 team got into the Top 13.
I never get that "little" comment. We have more students than any other school in the nation. That's like saying little "Ney York City".

Honestly, I stopped watching College Game Day years ago. I just watch the videos posted on this board, the UCF Football Facebook Page, and what friends post on Facebook. I tried to get back into watching Game Day but I just can't stand him. I hope he is not going to be involved with any commentary during our bowl game.
Cant blame you, especially when they keep talking up the same handful of teams every damn week while simultaneously ignoring what whats happening here. It's no wonder their ratings keep dropping and layoffs are happening left and right, people are bored of it. When are they going to realize that college football is more than just 6 teams.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
yesterday might have been the first UCF game Herbstreit has watched all season and even a P5 homer like him realized that the offense is the real deal and can keep the team in the game with anyone

I think they've all finally admitted on ESPN we were disrespected too much all season.

Heck, we're barely ranked ahead of a 4 loss PAC-12 team now, in the CFP, and Miami is in front of us. The AP and Coaches have Miami behind us.

Anyone have a link of when ESPN announced the UCF draw?
I don't have the link but here is the synopsis.
"UCF will be playing Auburn in the Peach Bowl"
"One team will be motivated for this game and it is not Auburn"
"Scott Frost has completely turned around an atrocity of a program in UCF. They went 0-12 just 2 years ago. (no mention of 30+ wins, 2 conference titles and Fiesta Bowl win the previous 3.)"
"Nebraska Nebraska Nebraska"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT