ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the Statue of Liberty Plays Frost got from Chip Kelly

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I think these were the plays Frost alluded to in his press conf.

Used in this order vs Michigan back in 2007...same thing UCF did last night. These were the plays Frost said he got from Kelly and showed the players these (and maybe another play or two) from when Dixon was their QB.

Play 1: Statue of Liberty Play

Play 2: Statue of Liberty Play....NOT!

At the end of first video, they showed former Oregon star "Bobby Moore" who I saw in the L.A. Coliseum play against USC's O.J. Simpson. USC won 28-0 despite no turnovers by Oregon. I always cite that game by Oregon whenever someone says, "We can't make any mistakes if we want to beat [whoever]."

Oh, and a pure "statue of liberty" is where the RB takes the ball from the QB while he's still in passing position -- and only then does the QB complete the fake passing motion without the ball. These pseudo-statue plays do the fake pass pump fake first, followed by a sleight of hand hand-off.

Last edited:

Used in this order vs Michigan back in 2007...same thing UCF did last night. These were the plays Frost said he got from Kelly and showed the players these (and maybe another play or two) from when Dixon was their QB.

Do whatever it takes. Really enjoyed that play.

Just don't mention the word Jonathan Stewart to USF fans. They still have nightmares of him going crazy in that blowout bowl loss.

Do whatever it takes. Really enjoyed that play.

Just don't mention the word Jonathan Stewart to USF fans. They still have nightmares of him going crazy in that blowout bowl loss.

Now that UCF has both of those trick plays on tape...defenses will have to practice against that...maybe stop a run blitz or a quick pass rush...might even give Milton an extra second to throw a pass or make another run...as now defenses are aware of it.

Killins all day. He'll get over the freshman mistakes as he's a smart kid. He doesn't seem injury prone at this point. The kid is the playmaker that we need on offense. 15-20 offensive touches every game and let him run track in the offseason. You can't ever be too fast.

Did anyone notice that screens were placed in a better position to let the RBs and WRs make a play?

Glad the staff follows this board.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Killins all day. He'll get over the freshman mistakes as he's a smart kid. He doesn't seem injury prone at this point. The kid is the playmaker that we need on offense. 15-20 offensive touches every game and let him run track in the offseason. You can't ever be too fast.

Did anyone notice that screens were placed in a better position to let the RBs and WRs make a play?

Glad the staff follows this board.

AK avoids taking hits when he can. I noticed this a few times in yesterdays game when he would run out of bounds if he thought he was going to be tackled (perfectly fine with this).

The screens were much improved.

At the end of first video, they showed former Oregon star "Bobby Moore" who I saw in the L.A. Coliseum play against USC's O.J. Simpson. USC won 28-0 despite no turnovers by Oregon. I always cite that game by Oregon whenever someone says, "We can't make any mistakes if we want to beat [whoever]."

Oh, and a pure "statue of liberty" is where the RB takes the ball from the QB while he's still in passing position -- and only then does the QB complete the fake passing motion without the ball. These pseudo-statue plays do the fake pass pump fake first, followed by a sleight of hand hand-off.
I never knew Ahmad Rashad had a different name. How many turnovers didUSC have in the game?

I never knew Ahmad Rashad had a different name. How many turnovers didUSC have in the game?
Don't remember, but it was more than zero. But I also attended many of the mid- and late '60s games of the then Lew Alcindor (Kareem), including his freshman games (a 5' 5" high school classmate played that team, 2nd from the right in picture below) a team with 4 all-american that beat the varsity defending national champions! Coach Gary Cunningham later coached UCLA in the late 1970s and took them to the sweet 16 and final 8. In NCAA championship years, saw varsity beat Houston's Elvin Hayes (the revenge to the Astrodome game) and LSU's Pistol Pete Maravich.
61706d_lg.jpeg

awesome! I love trick plays!!!! We should use them more often :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT